Petition: Errata of the Week

User suggestions to improve the game

Re: Petition: Errata of the Week

Postby Romdeau » Mon Mar 11, 2013 5:19 pm

I agree with the sentiment that soul skills often take the back burner in terms of buffs-that is something I'd like to change a little bit in the future.
Romdeau

Postby GOSCAR » Mon Mar 11, 2013 5:35 pm

Anima13 wrote:...Further more the time pressure such an errata of the week would create is enormous...

Argh work with me here. It's one card chosen at the beginning of the week and is worked on for the rest of the week. I honestly can't see any time pressure here.
One does not play alteil the way they want. -Gon

False Slash- Rom
GOSCAR

Postby Callonia » Mon Mar 11, 2013 6:01 pm

Romdeau wrote:I agree with the sentiment that soul skills often take the back burner in terms of buffs-that is something I'd like to change a little bit in the future.

U got my attention now.

Imma sign this then.

-Callonia.
Callonia

Postby Shirozaki » Mon Mar 11, 2013 6:29 pm

If Kalpierre nerf taught me something, then that you should refrain from making outright statements that may catch Call's interest.
"Abandon all hope, ye who enter here" - Inscription above the gates of Alteil
Romdeau wrote:I don't have much else to say to you other than you live in your own world if you believe I have active enemies around Alteil besides from Demongod.
Shirozaki

Postby Callonia » Tue Mar 12, 2013 3:09 am

Shirozaki wrote:If Kalpierre nerf taught me something, then that you should refrain from making outright statements that may catch Call's interest.

Why? What's wrong with it?
Callonia

Postby Anima13 » Tue Mar 12, 2013 4:31 am

GOSCAR wrote:
Anima13 wrote:...Further more the time pressure such an errata of the week would create is enormous...

Argh work with me here. It's one card chosen at the beginning of the week and is worked on for the rest of the week. I honestly can't see any time pressure here.

And when there are no more cards that require a buff, pressure would remain and create buffs (errata for the sake of errata) which leads slowly to imbalances in the game.
I would gladly work with you here and very much value the idea of more time efficient erratas and the preference of buffs over nerfs , but then please include a solution for this. In the current version time is more in focus then the quality of the buff and the time used for testing. I have seen too many hasty decisions ruining lot of work and I dont want this to be an other example for it.
Anima13

Postby Callonia » Tue Mar 12, 2013 4:39 am

Anima13 wrote:
GOSCAR wrote:

And when there are no more cards that require a buff, pressure would remain and create buffs (errata for the sake of errata) which leads slowly to imbalances in the game.
I would gladly work with you here and very much value the idea of more time efficient erratas and the preference of buffs over nerfs , but then please include a solution for this. In the current version time is more in focus then the quality of the buff and the time used for testing. I have seen too many hasty decisions ruining lot of work and I dont want this to be an other example for it.

Well if there is simply no buffs left to do, then weekly errata can simply stop there until a set or two comes out again?
Callonia

Postby kirk22 » Tue Mar 12, 2013 7:46 am

Besides, its not like they'd run out of things to buff anytime soon. I'm for this, sign me up.
ImageImage
kirk22

Postby GOSCAR » Tue Mar 12, 2013 9:22 am

Callonia wrote:Well if there is simply no buffs left to do, then weekly errata can simply stop there until a set or two comes out again?

Well giving up on Anima now.
One does not play alteil the way they want. -Gon

False Slash- Rom
GOSCAR

Postby Icyglare » Wed Mar 13, 2013 1:23 pm

Hmm... Having that many "patches" to this game won't be good.

I think the best response is what we have been having lately.

1. Fast responses to bug fixes
2. Minor errata on key issues (even though I still disagree with Jewel of the Sea, that was rather quick)
3. Major errata on many cards after they have been playtested throughly.
For a large amount of various Alteil Replays, try youtube link

<-- http://www.youtube.com/AlteilReplays -->

CEM guild brah!
Icyglare

PreviousNext

Return to Safiria's Planning Bureau