Hate more PLZ!: An advanced guide to Alteil.

Everything that doesn't go anywhere else.

Postby darklogos » Fri Mar 20, 2009 11:10 am

One may say that the title is too extreme. That I am fostering a negative play environment. On the contrary it is this standpoint in which we must build from. You the player must understand the reality and mindset of many other players. This is your first edge. You must realize that everything in the game can be used to your advantage. The price of success is receiving envy, strife, belittling, and cowardice from everyone that wants where you are at without doing the work. For you that read and succeed you get two thumbs up from, even if you beat me. Why? Because you have displayed the Greek's philosophical paradigm of being a free person. A free person is one who reads, and seeks to solve their problems and is not a leech on the state. Before we go I would like to give a shout out to Mavel who game me some great points and Alvisto who motivated me to write this guide. This guide will take on a Late 90’s early 2000 Gangsta rap motif with a bit of satire. So without any further ado I present you “Hate more PLZ!: An advanced guide to Alteil.”

Table of Contents

Chap 1 Time management

Chap 2 Deck building Philosophy

Chap 3 How to maximize time in the training area

Chap 4 Balancing Theme with Effectiveness

Chap 5 What it takes to be in the Top 10

Chap 6 What not to say and what to say in chat or in game
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Updated with contribution from Porky
Updated with contribution from Mavel
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Chapter 1: I got my mind on my money and my money on my mind.

Many times people don’t know how to properly use their time in Alteil. People will jump from thing to thing and not get anything done. In essence they waste their day. The first thing is you have to look at your day in several different lights. The first light is the daily grind. Starting your day with Mirrage Master first ensures you have your gran. Get your gran every day. Even if you do want to play. Ten to fifteen gran adds up over time. Get in the habit of starting in Mirage Master.

Next, prioritize what you want to achieve in your play session. You have several options. The first is chat. This gets you nothing but social interaction. But don’t expect a lot of chat at certain times of day. If you hit a deadzone in chat then it will most likely be like that for the next 15-30 min if you're lucky. Chat can be dead for hours. The next thing to do is design decks. I will get into the detail of deck design later, but I want you to look at what are you trying to build and not just mimic. It's easy to copy the top meta decks but if you only saw half of the deck and 2 of 3 soul skills you will have to figure the rest out on your own. Start your deck building time with a plan and stick with that plan. If you are trying to get a mechanic or a unit in the game to work a certain way then work on that. This is beneficial to your overall productivity not your immediate productivity.

Next option you have is to play in the major arenas. This gets you games. There is a point that if you have a high number of wins from the past day, and you go on a losing streak it is better to go do something else then to keep losing. Some days you are a car. Some days you are the road. Understand that your weekly gran is based off your win/loss/draw record. That is the one thing you can control. You can try getting more gran from playing more games but that is not smart. If you want to maximize your gran you will need to keep a weekly tally of your win/loss/draw record so you know how much more you have to win and how much more you can’t lose to get the most gran in a week. Like I said time management is essential mainly if you are playing casual or have little time to play.

Chapter 2: The HATERS copy. The true PLAYERS create.

I wrote in my previous guides that the key to winning in Folrart is based in the counter-meta aka making decks that beat the common meta. Many times these decks are cheaper than high end meta decks. Thing is you are not going be a top 10 player with uber RP and weekly gran. The problem is that people shoot for the top before they are even ready to climb. Stages in development of decks is essential. I am going to present you deck design philosophy and constructs. The following are thinking processes not “Put x card together with z card.” It is this where top players are made.

Small unit paradigm
Many times this is called rush or swarm. Thing is that not all low level cards are rush and not all low level cards are swarm. There are a lot of low level cards that don’t fit that mechanic well. The key of playing small is maximize sp. There are plenty of soul skills that increase hp, damage, level, agility, and defense either for a turn or permantily. So survivability is not really an concern. Your main focus is to sacrifice, kill and buff. You are to replace units as soon as they fall. You cannot make any unit a lynch pin. This can be seen in Endless Night and Gowen Rush decks. Some would argue that Eskatia is a lynch pin in Endless Night. I would disagree. A well built Endless Night deck has Succubus, and Magic doll melee soul skills to use at various times. Gowen rush have several different units such as salamander and spore whose main purpose is to do damage, die, and be assassin soul skill fodder. Small decks pick units based on speed, damage, start skills, and buffing. The only way you are surviving a field wipe is buffing unless you sweep their field. Cudgel and Chiruu souls are easy to abuse in this deck because you will have lots of units to get buffed instead of other decks that have a few units. Early game damage and speed pumps will give you field position. If you do not maintain field dominance in numbers you will lose.

Mid level paradigm
A mid level deck is a deck focused on units between level 3 and 5. This is an easy range to get to in the game due to +3 to level soul skills. You may have units in the deck that are below or above the level range but they either serve a roll as buffing, fodder, or finisher. Good example of a mid level deck is Endless Morning, Wizard Kingdom, Duchy of Crest, and Warrior decks. As you may notice many of these decks revolve around card keywords. Many times these decks are based around 2 or 3 key units. Eliminating these units are paramount. Each deck has an order in which to eliminate key units but that is something you will have to figure out. These decks rely on early game sp, level gain, and sacrifice to fuel their mid-game strength. Most of these decks have some form of sp generation to crank out all the mid level cards they need in addition to the sp used for special abilities and such. These decks are key on sp management. If you lack sp management and sp generation the deck will fail. The next thing you need to look at is synergy. Are all your units benefiting from the buff? Can your units win without the buff? If the answer is no then you need to drop the unit unless it fills in your weak spot.

A mid level paradigm deck is strong and is easy to rally with. At the same time it can burn out really fast if the field isn’t replenished at a decent tempo. You are not dependent on field wipes like the low level decks but you need to force your opponent to spend 1 more sp on rezing then you a turn. This is how you dictate tempo.

Big fill in the blank.
Playing big became more popular in set 2 and set 3 really didn’t make big better. Playing big you will have to have sp generators and level generators or you won’t get your creature out. This is one of the hardest tactics to pull off but at the other end the most rewarding. You need what high level players call “sp banks” these are units that are beneficial but will die anyway. An example of this is Mass Extinction/Lawtia. MEL has units from level range 4-6 to summon to hold on to sp. Why is that? Because you don’t want to get all your hard worked for sp drained away by some Endless Night imitator or if by chance you encounter an anti-big deck that that has Broken Iron solder skill or some other skill that makes your Sp= 3 or some other low number. These cards protect your lp and your investment of sp generation. If played right you might not even need your main level 9 monster.

Another way of playing Big is sp generate, grimore spam, summon something to hold the line, grimore spam some more, and then unload your big monster. This is very effective and is seen in Mass Extinction/Gowen. MEG is a top level deck that depends on Allind to get the kills. This setup is not relying on the power of your units but the power of your open skills. Open skills are like grimores but better. Damage grimores are one of the best open skills. When playing big you need to have a way to take out swarms. So you either need to pack a return type card like cyclone or a couple copies of Ball of Flame. The last mechanic for playing big that needs to be considered is the loss of your big creature and what that means. If you get assassined or your sphere level reset is your game over? It is best to have a stall unit or a second, third, or fourth meta tactic to save your hide. Big decks have the sp once the big creature dies to play whatever they need. Think of what you would play to save your hide.

The swirl
I’m going to call sphere mixing the swirl because sphere mixing is not limited to duel sphere use. I ran a deck in Folrart a couple of months ago that used gospel soul skill to give me access to a lot of different low level and mid level units. I used that platform to build a tricolor deck. The strength of the swirl deck is that you can pick the strength of each sphere and use it to your own advantage. The downside to this is setup and time. You will need to find a way to get level efficiently and timed properly. This does not mean fast. Many people think that just because they get their levels up fast they are doing fine. This is a lie. With Fierte soul skill out there and people mistiming units it is better to be aware of when to up your sphere level and when not to. The balancing act that restrictions of spheres makes is removed at the same time I will say that you will be in a tough spot because just as much as you can jackpot you can crap out as well. The Swirl is a risk and it is a frontier that can lead you to be a very powerful iczer or a very weak one.

Chaos play
Chaos play is a relatively hated form of play because the iczer is rarely in control. Chaos play revolves around units doing things automatically that you may or may not want them to do. Some examples of this are Roc, Dub Rido, and Space Manipulator. These cards cause chaos and when used properly can give you great advantage over your opponent. At the same time it can royally **** up your last hope of winning. These cards are the Pandora’s box of game play that few people dare venture into. If you are having a bad day and just want to annoy someone this is the type of deck you should make. This deck doesn’t lead to top …yet.

You might be saying “Hey Darklogos you didn’t talk about how to make a return deck, sp drain deck, or some other mechanic deck.” If I have to explain that to you in this guide then it becomes an eternal expanding waste of space. Read Annarose Sanctum about what you need. Or you could figure it out on your own.

Here are some added insights by one of the top iczer's Porky.

But here is some ideas with deck building, its all pretty fundamental anyway as you would already know most of this.
Taking into account of the player classifications, I’ll be a spike predominantly.
Lets talk about soul skills.
Almost all of the early game is about SP, who has SP control etc. Unless you need the +2 sp for a specific reason like a return deck or a large creature deck who needs the extra SP, I would recommend using a multi-target damaging soul as the first slot. One of the better alternative though is using Wasseir soul but that is a rare so it's not available to most people. The reasoning behind this is that, in most cases, every creature you kill is -1sp for your opponent.
From a free/ small payer's point of view, Der Fre (sp) soul is probably ideal as it can do a phenomenal amount of damage.
When building a deck, the obvious idea is to be able to beat common decks and then account for all potential weaknesses, this may most likely involve editing a good deck as a starting point or if you want to start a new file focus on synergy between cards. A good/perfect deck for me is one where every card in the deck will see some use, to allow for greater utility and options for specific situations.
Please, and I emphasize this, contemplate why you lost to a specific player, where exactly the game went wrong for you, where the souls could be changed/rotated or play order of cards manipulated, that’s the only real way to improve, to consider your losses and make sure to attempt a different strategy next time in order to if not win to at least challenge your opponent.

Play styles, what one often sees is conservatism and defensiveness, it is always strange to me when I see an endless night deck who begins by putting Eskatia in the third row. Eskatia is a great unit in its own right even if it doesn’t contribute night, 4 agility 20 attack and 30hp, free to revive. Costing you 1sp to allow her to pinpoint from the back isn’t worth while in my opinion.
I always front line her if I do play EN, at least in the early game.
This is perhaps my specific style of aggressive play, always attempting to maximize the efficiency and the amount of damage you deal. I do at most times unless I’m lazy try to Min/Max dmg distribution of creatures and agility priorities. This can include moving a sacrifice unit to the front row in hope it gets a hit, standbying units to allow others to kill it, but that’s all pretty basic strategies.

Here are player insights from top level player Mavel.

Make a deck with a purpose in mind

These are just tips for making a deck. It is neither absolute nor a panacea.

First question: What is the purpose of the deck?

Here we are not talking about deck for fun, try new cards or other things.
We are talking about a deck designed to win fights. This will be the only focus.

That said repeating the question: How will my deck win?
At this point, the strategies can be divided into 2 basic types: Field Domain [FD] and Counter Attack [CA].

FD: Having more units on your side throughout the battle.
CA: Killing more enemy units a turn with fewer resources.

Examples of FD:
Return Deck, EN, EM, Rush Deck, etc.

Example of CA:
Big Red, Daos, Burning Spore, etc.

Q: Can a deck handle both strategies?
A: Yes, Gowen rush can be a FD deck, but when you defeat the four principal units (Kurina, Combat Monk, Samurai Girl, etc) the player can use his sp to do CA with grimoires and Soul Skill.

FD can win by attacking LP. CA normally wins by killing units.

When you make a deck, you try do FD, CA or both for win,

When you figure out the winning tactic of your deck, you can select the cards for your deck.
(Or you can start with one card, like Black Dragon Rider aka BDR, and then think how this card can be useful.)

Second: What will win?

At this point we can only turn to the experience.
For example, last 3 weak see a lot of deck bases in FD with a good number of unit with 50 or less HP. 30% gowen rush, 25% Return Deck, 15% lawtia Crest, 10% Carbuncle, 5% guardian, and 15% other decks.
The basic Idea is take the bigger 3 more used decks, and so a deck that can get a good chance to win.

How the major numbers of deck do FD, we can win with CA.
OK… our deck was a CA deck with massive damage.

Third: How to select the cards?

Once we have our goal, we think of a strategy to succeed.

Depending on our tastes will be our deck, we are not looking for the best card, but the one that best suits us to use it.

Example: Take a Black Dragon Rider. Our objective is to leave FD to enemy and kill all unit with BDR. But can she do that? She does 40 dmg for 3 sp to all enemy…she needs more dmg, SP and time to get both. Can Lawtia Sphere give her that?

The idea is to look for cards that have synergy.

1.- I can’t play BDR in the start of match… need minimum 3 enemy unit to do effective CA.
2.- Need a lot of SP.
3.- Need a Tank to protect BDR.
4.- Need More dmg.

May be Refess Sphere can add this qualities to my BRD deck.
If use EX right Shield can add a good tank (BDR not use rng)
Is Add will o wisp and will o wisp soldier can add more dmg to my BDR.
Puff Ball or Advent can give me More SP.
Proxy Refess can give level for lawtia.

OK the basic deck put first one copy of puff ball, leave die, put Ex right Shield.
Then Proxy or Advent. Then another puff ball, leave die proxy… put BDR, use will o wisp. And do attacks….

But what happened if BDR die… Need another CA card… may be put Final One.
Another card to consider is Healing priest.

OK… now Fix the deck…
You need play in Folrart Arena… need normal battles, not Training arena… that is the only way to fix deck. If you play in Training arena don’t see the real tricks.

Q: How long you have to adjust a deck?
A: All time in the world.

Four: What happens when my deck faces another deck that is better?

You can take two ways:
1.- Add Cards to fix you deck (may be soul skill)
2.- If it’s a low number of deck, leave the deck alone and try to learn how defeat the minority decks without replacing cards.

Example:
My BDR can defeat Allins decks.
1.- Can Add First soul skill 0 sp, and 3er soul assassin, Yeah that can be usefull---
But, when you do that you can defeat Allin deck, but you deck now is more weak vs Gowen rush…
When you add resistance to specific cards, you lose quality in your deck.
2. I fight with 6 Gowen rush and only 1 Allind, may be is better leave the deck, and try different tactic with Allind.

Q: Is there an unbeatable deck?
A: No. When a deck becomes very successful, it becomes common, when it becomes common decks appear to defeat.

Q: How can I keep my decks successful?
A: You can anticipate to processes. Go one step forward

Q: What is better CA or FD?
A: That depends on the goal, you can play both, or only one thing is knowing that you can make your deck.

Five: What is the difference between winning and losing?

There is no difference, anything that gives you the game is for the game, you are not really playing anything.
RP -> Ranking Point for the Game
Prize Cards -> More cards for the Game
Exp -> Level for the Game

When you win or lose say Good Game, for this is that.
Only 2 things give the game: Friendship and Fun.
Don’t lose the FF for not saying GG.

Q: If CA can defeat FD deck… why not everyone plays CA?
A: There are many ways to FA and not CA at the same time.

Example: You can defeat Rush deck with damage to all, but BigBlue is a Field Control deck… and you can defeat that with the same strategy. Or you can use CA, how Allind deck, but what happened when you rival use only eskatia and dagon, you only hurt 2 units and may be first soul skill are 0 sp and second are return unit hight level…

Typically many players added two components to their decks.
For Example EM with Final One, Lawtia with Buffed Daos, Wizard Kingdom with thunderheads, etc-

Q: Is having the two components is better?
A: That depends on your style of play, such as Return and lycan deck have only FD and Allind normally plays for CA. But you can play Allind and the Dragon units or another units for do FD. Or combine Lycan Deck with Dark Emperor.

Q: What are the ways to do FD?
A: There are many ways for now, then perhaps there are more, some examples are:

Put unit more quickly and that can defeat enemy, put immortal and powerfull units, return problematic units, kill more units for turn, etc.
Basically it is not allowing the opponent to make his game.

Q: Guardian deck is it a CA?
A: Normally it is a FD. It is a defense for your weaker units, but usually Guardian does not kill enemy units. The same can be said when Catherine gives 20 defense to all your units, is another way of exercising FD. You can kill enemy units. Enemy can’t kill units.

Q: FD is basically to dominate presence in the field, and CA is given the dominance of the field?
A: Yes.

Chapter 3: I’m outside of the club and they think I’m a punk…

We can take the Nevah Scared mentality and go straight to Folrart or Crest after we made our new deck. This is a bad, bad, bad, and again bad idea. Remember what I said about time management. Many times testing in Folrart/Crest leads to frustrations. Most iczers in those arenas are looking to make you weaker not stronger. They don’t want to help you because it hurts them in the near future. If you followed my previous guide you should have a wonderful thing called friends by now who you can test cards with. If not there are always iczers looking to test new decks.

Don’t title your room “Come in noobs to die” or “I eat noobs for lunch” or my all time favorite “Come in here so I can destroy your deck.” Yes I have seen all of those posted up at some time or another. Noobs have a purpose in deck testing. If your deck has problems with a modified starter then you need to go back to the lab. Also you can gain a future friend that looks up to you. Who knows you may have just earned a new guildmate.

Don’t play people who won’t give constructive feedback. Don’t play supereliteguy896 if he is not going to tell you what you are doing wrong or what was easy to take down. Solid feedback is essential. I test my deck with some of the top iczers in the game and I tell them how to beat me every time. Why? Because they do the same in kind. We both get stronger and we can take on more opponents by sharing experience.

Listen to what the other person has to say. Many times its easy to get caught up in the romance of a card or an idea. Many times we don’t want to admit that the deck sucks. I’ve fallen in love with many cards and I try to make them work and get frustrated. I find that is when I wasted the most time. Some cards just suck as they are at that moment. Sometimes future sets make old cards great. But if I had listened to Porky, Geta, Grain, Candi, or many many other great duelest I would have had more productive time testing then trying to get something weak setup. (Mad Beast/Dandan oh I wish you were worth the time to summon. Oh so much time I wasted testing you!)

Lastly see who is fighting who. Guildmates fight and test all the time. If you happen to see 2 or 3 people from the same guild in the training area take notice and see if you can get a test game against one of them. You may just find out something new coming down the pipe.

Chapter 4 But look, their shoes match and they have pretty dresses and they are so cute…

Usually we think theme is for weak players. Theme is can be a strong tool in the right creative minds because it forces the player to think more efficiently then the common meta player. I am not a big Final Fantasy fan but I am one. I made a deck that would look like a Final Fantasy party. The core of the deck was Refess. I had a lot of character cards and I did have a Healing Priest and maybe Aegis just to tick lawt players off. I had Holy Dragon as my summon. The soul skills were ok but the built up the strength of the deck. Now the deck wasn’t my best deck and it did lose quite a bit. But at the same time it won because I took the following percussions.

Don’t expect your theme deck to be the next top deck. Just because you like to make decks of all pretty looking lolicon girls doesn’t mean you are going to win. It also doesn’t mean I should take it easy on you. You made the deck. When the deck isn’t fun you should stop playing the deck.

I made sure my deck could survive the meta. I didn’t say my deck could beat the meta. I made sure that I could put up a fight of some kind. If you deck doesn’t have any sort of progression or plan you will lose hardcore. Then you will get mad at the meta when it was your fault for building a weak deck.

Don’t blame the meta for why you are not having fun. Theme is a handicap you as the player is taking on for the trade off of personal enjoyment. If you think the system should reward you more for that then you need to lay off the crack pipe and come back to reality. If you make a demon slayers deck and you don’t have a Time Reader in there to make your lycan slaying more easy that’s on you. I’m not the villain for playing lycans.

Let the other person know you are playing theme. When I told people I was playing a theme deck and what it was they laughed and encouraged me. Many times they stated they had more fun with my deck because it was different yet challenging. It's easy to get bitter fast. I know I have. But letting folks in on your inside joke makes the laughs more rich.

Chapter 5: Yeah I got Sephiroth One Winged Angel as my custom battle music.

You might say how can one who hasn’t been in the top 10 tell me what it takes to get to the top 10. Well I was in the top 20 in my peak and I know just about all the top players and talk with them on a daily basis. I have a good idea from my personal experience and my dealings with them what it takes to be up at the top of the leader boards.

1. Have good friends and network.
Let the loling begin. It is true every top player has contacts with other top players in the game. Either it is chat, guild forum, or IM. Top players interact with people of the same caliber. It is true you can measure how high a bird is going to fly when you look at its flock.

2. Memorize the cards.
I don’t know a top iczer who couldn’t tell you what every cards ability was. Knowing cards saves time and makes it so you don’t have to read over the text again and again. You are also never caught by surprise.

3. THEY READ AND LOOK FOR ANSWERS.
Top iczers have questions but they look for the answers and read old threads and rehash old data looking for something new.

4. They put in work.
You may say “Its only a game. Why work?” They put in work and crank out success. Mavel documents every game he lost with a deck and why. He tinkers and goes back at it. That’s work. I know players like Dan the Timid who put in work into mastering Refess to the point off trying almost every trick in the book to make the sphere better. There are players like Porky who break down the effectiveness of each unit and then finds other units that extremely boost the strong point of that unit or cover the weakness of that unit. Each top players methods maybe different but they put in time. At the beginning of each new card release I spend 4 days of the week in the lab. When I come out of the training arena I go on my longest win streaks.

5. They look at extreme of every card can do and go from there.
The 999 hp trick came out of discussion in chat about how far one could take Snaf’s damage/hp flipping ability. Everyone was looking at big hp and damage units to flip. Then in the middle of chat I brought up the 999 damage soul skill and what if we flipped that. Everyone was freaking out. We tested and it worked. We freaked out some more. It all started because some decided to figure out how to break cards.

6. The invest for the long term.

A lot of top players are paid players. Not all but a lot. Either pay or free they all invest in playsets of EX Packs or pick the units that fit more how they play. I regret not getting a third ex angel. They get and keep cards and don't recycle off cards if they have 1 or 2 copies. Every card is a bullet to a gun that they just might not have at the time. A majority of them hold onto point cards and various other rewards until they need them and they don’t spend their money very often on frivolous purchases. A lot of what they do is planned out ahead of time.

7. Put in the play time.

Most of the top duelests seriously compete for 4 or more hours a day on average. Watching your win/loss/draw can help you get up there but it you don’t put in the time getting the wins then you will have problems.

8. Rares are tool not required.

Mavel made a deck in set 2 that had 1 unit that was a 5 star rare in the entire deck. He stomped the crap out of all of us with that deck. It was a falkow return deck with Swan Cavalier in it. He is the only one to use a COTF deck in Folrart and really stomp people with it. He proved he could make a deck that didn’t revolve around rares as the key focus. If you make rares the priority then you already lost what it takes to be at the top.

9. Be able to take crap from other players.

The forum and the game is full of HATERS. They hate that you have and they don’t. They hate you because you win and they don’t. If you are a person who likes being liked then don’t shoot for the top 10. Just remember at the end of the day they are just mad because they aren’t in your shoes.

Chapter 6 OMG YOUR SO HIGH LEVEL. Enter work place appropriate euphemism for vaginal cleaner.

The old proverb your grandma used to say is right “If you don’t have anything nice to say don’t say anything at all.” Realize that just because someone speaks English it doesn’t mean they are American. Even if they are American don’t expect them to have the same cultural values as you. Personally I hate emoticons and tongues sticking out. How I was raised you would get slapped for that. I was raised not to disrespect people like that. In Alteil it seems that people expect to give out disrespect in what they find acceptable ways. Some goes as follows…

OMG YOU ARE THE 100’TH LVL 50+ PERSON I FOUGHT TODAY.

You must suck because you bought cards.

Buying cards is unfair.

I’m a free player because its challenging.

You can’t win without “insert card”

GG (work place appropriate euphemism for donkey)
GG (work place appropriate euphemism for female dog in heat)
GG (work place appropriate euphemism for fecal mater on the face)
Go (work place appropriate euphemism for having sexual intercourse) yourself…noob.

Yes I have seen all of these in chat at one time or another in some form or another.

First off remember silence is golden. Learning how to be content with silence is something we have to grow into. There is nothing wrong with you as a person if the other person doesn’t type. It might be a cultural difference or they might not be in the mood to talk. Or hey they might not speak English.
Second don’t vent in game chat. You don’t need to let me know you hate fighting me because you think its unfair that a level 12 to fight a level 62. If you have a problem with that find a way to make solution to the problem instead of venting on the random person who you got matched up with. Again your comments may come off like a jerk to some people.

Lastly bad days happen. If folks are on a losing streak or had a bad day at work the are bound to go off time to time. Just walk away and be the bigger person. Don’t try to play Hasbro Junior Therapist with them. Just shut up, take it and move on.

That’s it folks.

To all those that keep complaining on the forums. HATE ON HATERS!

To all those that want everything for free and don’t like to work for nothing. HATE ON HATERS!

To all of those who say the game doesn’t need trainers/mentors. HATE ON HATERS!

All you folks giving the GM’s grief. HATE ON HATERS!

While you’re sipping your diarrhea flavored haterade the rest of us will be shining.
Last edited by darklogos on Fri Apr 03, 2009 7:26 am, edited 4 times in total.
darklogos

Re: Hate more PLZ!: An advanced guide to Alteil.

Postby DWildstar » Fri Mar 20, 2009 12:21 pm

Nice guide, I went in and fixed up any spelling mistakes I found (with the exception of "OMG YOUR SO HIGH LEVEL" because it seemed appropriate in the context")
DWildstar

Postby Peralisc2 » Fri Mar 20, 2009 12:28 pm

A well built Endless Night deck has Succubus, and Magic doll melee soul skills to use at various times.

**** no! Dont use that SS. Better use hatred + rats or just mass damage SS. T_T
When playing big you need to have a way to take out swarms. So you either need to pack a return type card like cyclone or a couple copies of Ball of Flame.

More like take any chance of winning even from the mid levels.
Don’t play supereliteguy896 if he is not going to tell you what you are doing wrong or what was easy to take down.

I prefer to play those when testing a deck, they usualy test a strong deck. Or i dont play tehm because i want to hide my new strategy.
To be able to improve your deck you should be better capable of understand your mistakes than your oponent. :/
Last edited by Peralisc2 on Fri Mar 20, 2009 12:52 pm, edited 3 times in total.
ImageImage
Alteil is pretty much well balanced. Sometimes you loose and sometimes the enemy wins.
Peralisc2

Postby lupos » Fri Mar 20, 2009 12:32 pm

DWildstar wrote: (with the exception of "OMG YOUR SO HIGH LEVEL" because it seemed appropriate in the context")

That must have caused you physical pain.

@Darklogos

Very nice guide. Thanks :)
lupos
Site Admin

Postby Romdeau » Fri Mar 20, 2009 1:02 pm

Hilarious dark, I had myself a few good laughs and learned a thing or two. Thanks for putting in the time to write this.
Romdeau

Postby alvisto » Fri Mar 20, 2009 2:09 pm

darklogos wrote:Don’t title your room “Come in noobs to die” or “I eat noobs for lunch” or my all time favorite “Come in here so I can destroy your deck.”

Lol, I am having a laugh seizure over this.

Well, thanks for a good guide. It was a nice read, I gained a lot from this, especially Chapter 5, I like it a lot !!
alvisto

Postby teasel » Fri Mar 20, 2009 2:14 pm

i'm sorry but i think besides the deckbuilding tips (which are appreciated but don't go beyond "there are small units,mid units,big units... pick one!) the rest can be described in 9 simple words
don't be a jerk who always want to win
which i think it's pretty silly... jerk will be jerk and people will get frustated at the horrible meta (a problem created by the balance team who didn't a good job and not some sort of juju mentality) no matter what :D
teasel

Postby darklogos » Fri Mar 20, 2009 4:43 pm

teasel wrote:i'm sorry but i think besides the deckbuilding tips (which are appreciated but don't go beyond "there are small units,mid units,big units... pick one!) the rest can be described in 9 simple words
which i think it's pretty silly... jerk will be jerk and people will get frustated at the horrible meta (a problem created by the balance team who didn't a good job and not some sort of juju mentality) no matter what :D

Well why don't you write a guide then and feel in the blanks that i'm missing.
darklogos

Postby Illyasviel » Fri Mar 20, 2009 5:03 pm

darklogos wrote:Just because you like to make decks of all pretty looking lolicon girls doesn’t mean you are going to win.

Hmm, I wonder who this could be talking about? Or is there actually another player who is doing this, too? I'd like to face them, a battle of the babes, a duel of the divas, a... well, you get it.

That being said, a good guide, I laughed a few times.
Illyasviel

Postby teasel » Fri Mar 20, 2009 5:14 pm

darklogos wrote:
teasel wrote:i'm sorry but i think besides the deckbuilding tips (which are appreciated but don't go beyond "there are small units,mid units,big units... pick one!) the rest can be described in 9 simple words

Well why don't you write a guide then and feel in the blanks that i'm missing.

i think a description of the meta would be more helpfull if done right... i can do it but recently i haven't played a lot so i haven't been up to date with what the ex cards have been brought to the table (i know of this carbuncle deck popping out but i have never faced it) so i can make one but it won't be complete... by all means i'll start it now,if you want to finish it...
i also hope people have read,the various card reviews thread that were around (it did take quite a lot of time to write them so it's kinda sad to see them forgotten) so they can get some idea of what's good and what's bad (eh you guys don't have to suffer trough bear killing axeman anymore :/)
teasel

Next

Return to Alteil General Discussion