If you could errata a single card...

Everything that doesn't go anywhere else.

Re: If you could errata a single card...

Postby NitroDino » Mon Mar 11, 2013 7:42 pm

I would nerf Raste if I could errata single card.
NitroDino

Postby LoneKnight » Mon Mar 11, 2013 7:44 pm

"AGI for grims" is a change I'd really, really like.
LoneKnight

Postby Aoi » Mon Mar 11, 2013 7:49 pm

Rank up grims, hm...so basically we get speedy dmg grims that go before other type of grims, it is ;a40 after all. On a more serious note I do think there should be some rank up that does lv too on a lv 2 or 3.
ImageImage
Aoi

Postby angelspawns » Mon Mar 11, 2013 8:03 pm

LoneKnight wrote:"AGI for grims" is a change I'd really, really like.

I imagine every grimoire has a hidden base Agi of 1. Then certain grimoire openskills have a +1 or -1 Agi value added to them. (may even add conditions to it, like gowenlvl>1) Grimoires that have openskill "can't be effected by engage/send to cemetery/MHP effects" sound like good candidates to actually prevent what they're supose to counter. Healing grimoires could get a -1 Agi to it to ensure you counter opendamage.
Predicting and counterplaying your opponent is alot of fun, but this game leaves little room. Even when you get the timing right you're still flipping a coin. It's needlessly frustrating when you're making the better skilled moves and still end on the losing side. It's the reason why don't pack a MiracleFruit. It already requires more skill to read the opponent and simultaniously counter his move, i'm not going to make another 50/50 roll for it to happen.
Last edited by angelspawns on Mon Mar 11, 2013 8:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
angelspawns

Postby GonFreeces31 » Mon Mar 11, 2013 8:08 pm

The only problem with that (and why it's something that I don't think will ever be added) is that it makes the game way too complicated. One of Alteil's problems right now is that it's too difficult to learn because it is so complex, adding more things like agi on grims just seems like a good way to never retain new players.
The True Hero / Callonia
GonFreeces31

Postby angelspawns » Mon Mar 11, 2013 8:12 pm

Not more complicating then other cards with Rankup?

"Miracle Fruit"
Rankup:
[Conditional: Gowenlvl is 2 or higher] When your opponent plays a Grimoire, this Grimoire effect goes first.
angelspawns

Postby LoneKnight » Mon Mar 11, 2013 9:17 pm

How the hell is "Higher AGI go first" more complicated when units already work that way? It's overall one less rule to keep in mind (that rule being "grims always go before units").
LoneKnight

Postby GOSCAR » Mon Mar 11, 2013 10:05 pm

Let's take a concept that's in unit and put it on grims to make it universal! Yeah that will confuse them!
One does not play alteil the way they want. -Gon

False Slash- Rom
GOSCAR

Postby Scientiafide » Mon Mar 11, 2013 10:10 pm

LoneKnight wrote:How the hell is "Higher AGI go first" more complicated when units already work that way? It's overall one less rule to keep in mind (that rule being "grims always go before units").

As usual Gon did a poor job explaining his position. I think what he's trying to say is that what makes it more complicated is not necessarily the extra rule in of itself, but the memorization that players will be required to do because of the rule. If this is implemented in grims, players will need to know which grims go before which other grims to determine their effectiveness. This already happens to a small extent with units and open skills, but if this were to be implemented it would probably be a necessary skill for endgame (when a lot of grims would be slung around). Not saying it's necessarily a bad thing, it's just something to consider.

Scientiafide

Postby Anima13 » Tue Mar 12, 2013 4:21 am

GonFreeces31 wrote:The only problem with that (and why it's something that I don't think will ever be added) is that it makes the game way too complicated. One of Alteil's problems right now is that it's too difficult to learn because it is so complex, adding more things like agi on grims just seems like a good way to never retain new players.

I have a complete different access to that. Its not the difficulty that is the problem. Its the role of randomness in overall balance. If we decrease the randomness in game certain imbalances would appear which are else hidden by the randomness (aka per se not existent).
Its just an other topic that never appears in balance discussions.
Anima13

PreviousNext

Return to Alteil General Discussion