Lapierre Sensei's Classroom Introduction

Game FAQ and Beginner's Corner

Re: Lapierre Sensei's Classroom Introduction

Postby TheVogfather » Thu Jun 12, 2008 5:41 pm

azarael wrote:If I'm correct, I believe that only occupied rows count, whether they are your own or your opponents. I'm slightly mystified as to how the phases of day pass along. One phase passes per turn? Per pair of turns? Also, can you pick your Soul Cards?

-Az

One phase passes per round each phase can come up a max of 10 times per game
A#221
TheVogfather

Postby ammms » Fri Jun 13, 2008 10:04 pm

azarael wrote:If I'm correct, I believe that only occupied rows count, whether they are your own or your opponents. I'm slightly mystified as to how the phases of day pass along. One phase passes per turn? Per pair of turns? Also, can you pick your Soul Cards?

-Az

Your deck consists of 30 cards and 5 out of that are the soul cards.
You can customize and change your soul cards BEFORE the match starts (actually in the File room). The soul card order is essential too. But according to my experience, those provided by the starter are already very good!
got light?
ammms

Postby Logress » Sat Jun 14, 2008 8:40 pm

It's funny, a lot of the guys in the office across from ours had been playing around with Alteil. We gave them a pile of Gran and they all built their decks. Then the Japanese sent us their Starters just two weeks ago, and the Starters were better than most of the decks in the office!
"Scissors are overpowered. Rock is fine." -Paper
Logress

Postby tdkgunghoul » Sun Jun 15, 2008 11:03 pm

It's funny, a lot of the guys in the office across from ours had been playing around with Alteil. We gave them a pile of Gran and they all built their decks. Then the Japanese sent us their Starters just two weeks ago, and the Starters were better than most of the decks in the office!

yes, from my experience you can NEVER go wrong with cards from the starter decks.
All warfare is based on deception - Sun Tzu

Alphas Unite!
-alpha260
tdkgunghoul

Postby DanTheTimid » Mon Jun 16, 2008 1:22 am

Well it depends on the card game, some have better starters then others, but I actually have placed quite high in a number of tournaments for card games with nothing more then starters or slightly modified starters.

In this case it sounds like just another example of how powerful experience is. I don't know how many times in the past I'd have new or weak players after losing to me claim it was my expensive cards that gave me my win. I would then proceed to offer them a friendly challenge. They would be given free range to my cards and decks and I would be given free range to their cards and decks, we'd each create decks and play again. In almost every one of these cases I'd end up beating them with their own cards.

My goal wasn't to humilate them, though I'm sure it humbled them a bit, but to prove that atleast in most card games its not about the most expensive cards, but good strategy for both playing the game and building decks. The best way to become good at that is through experience, I'd seen everything in said card game and I thus knew the best ways to make use of their cheap cards, while they were left in awe but confused by my huge and more expensive collection.

it sounds like that was the case here too, the starters might not include all of the most rarest of cards, but they were built by skilled players with years of experience. Conversely the office decks, while given free range to any card of any rarity, were built by beginners who still didn't have a great grasp on the finer details of making a perfect deck.
The bunnies of Lavato have special abilities, like 'Action Skill: Make Carrot Disappear.'
DanTheTimid

Postby erestor » Mon Jun 16, 2008 1:32 am

DanTheTimid wrote:Well it depends on the card game, some have better starters then others, but I actually have placed quite high in a number of tournaments for card games with nothing more then starters or slightly modified starters.

In this case it sounds like just another example of how powerful experience is. I don't know how many times in the past I'd have new or weak players after losing to me claim it was my expensive cards that gave me my win. I would then proceed to offer them a friendly challenge. They would be given free range to my cards and decks and I would be given free range to their cards and decks, we'd each create decks and play again. In almost every one of these cases I'd end up beating them with their own cards.

My goal wasn't to humilate them, though I'm sure it humbled them a bit, but to prove that atleast in most card games its not about the most expensive cards, but good strategy for both playing the game and building decks. The best way to become good at that is through experience, I'd seen everything in said card game and I thus knew the best ways to make use of their cheap cards, while they were left in awe but confused by my huge and more expensive collection.

it sounds like that was the case here too, the starters might not include all of the most rarest of cards, but they were built by skilled players with years of experience. Conversely the office decks, while given free range to any card of any rarity, were built by beginners who still didn't have a great grasp on the finer details of making a perfect deck.

well said dan
the same thing would happen to me
when i would play mtg at a younger age
i always enjoy readin' your posts
they are always long and too much to read
but they are always insightful
i wish i could be like you when i grow up
wait i am growed up
famous last words: ''trust me, nothing bad will happen...''
erestor

Postby enchantra » Wed Apr 15, 2009 1:37 am

Hello, i duno where to post this but ive asked it before and just forgot where and who so, again i ask.. Is it possible to change my username or delete an old account? (i really liked my old username but if the accounts still open i cant use it :()

Thanks
enchantra

Postby Logress » Wed Apr 15, 2009 10:24 am

message Lupos
"Scissors are overpowered. Rock is fine." -Paper
Logress

Postby enchantra » Sat May 09, 2009 7:09 pm

Logress wrote:message Lupos

okay, will do. Thank you! :)
enchantra

Postby enchantra » Fri Aug 14, 2009 3:07 pm

Hi, i have a question and i cant find the topic/answer anywhere.
Anyway i havent been on for a while but i noticed theres been some changes; for instance now theres something called "single player mode", a single player arena and NPC's what is all that and how does it work?
enchantra

PreviousNext

Return to Lapierre Sensei's Classroom