RANDOM POST THREAD

Re: Jp new event special

Postby VertuHonagan » Wed Mar 13, 2013 5:02 pm

Thanks for posting this info Len! I was wondering what the specifics were for the event. I've been doing the free lotto and getting the white day cards but wasn't completely sure what all the info meant. (As trying to copy paste the event page to google translator doesn't work out very well at keeping things organized.)

Also for those of you that wish to make an account on jp alteil it is very simple. If you remember how alteil registry was set up before it went to gamepot then the alteil jp registry is the exact same. The only thing you should remember is that the yes button is on the right if I'm not mistaken. Once you have your account, if you don't understand what your cards do and your too lazy to go to the card list, just go play a game against the npc. Try out all your skill and learn how the cards interact with each other. That is how I learned the cards abilities and starter strategies.
Train ninjas and save the world from evil on NinjaManager.com!
VertuHonagan

Postby asxlen64 » Wed Mar 13, 2013 11:42 pm

Callonia wrote:
asxlen64 wrote:
Callonia wrote:After assaulting the internets for abit I got my Closed beta key for ecol tactics, now to have fun.

dont want to rush you but, the CBT is only a week long, and if OBT has same schedule, probably wont open till october(assuming not fact)

That's fine, I accidently spent 8 hours on ecol tactics before going oh, its night time already?

I really like FFT and ogre battle 64. I think ogre tactics suck because it looks like the makers is doing it the lazy style compared to glorious ogre battle 64.

yeah why i compared it, they left out a few things in ecol that tactic orge had, like unable to change position after you move and act, and the fact the first class could equip sword or bow. so far only the main character can change equip, the merc you hire so far cant, maybe later i suppose, i did the same thing first day, well sorta, took 3hrs just to log in, and after that i got hooked, cant wait till beta are over to see this game plays hope its great.
NitroDino : the thing I don't like about blacksun type players is the only thing they want is to win.
Thank mitsu for this sig.
SMILE/IVEY: ふふふ、笑わせるわね。君じゃ、私を雇うなんて100年以上は甘いわヨ
asxlen64

Postby gadu » Thu Mar 14, 2013 12:48 am

Does the game offer more than your standard SRPG? Is it better or worse than its counterparts?
Abuser Punisher / Callonia
gadu

Postby Callonia » Thu Mar 14, 2013 3:08 pm

gadu wrote:Does the game offer more than your standard SRPG? Is it better or worse than its counterparts?

No, its actually more worse.

Just stick to console SRPGS if you want that kind of thing.

Only play ecol tactics if you have time to burn.

And only improvement Ecol Tactics have over console srpgs is that they have much better character graphics but that's basically it. Despite that fact, FFT and Ogre battle 64 still have better character emotics as in they actually went in and made the graphics for characters clenching their fists or to point at you or to express surprise. Ecol Tactics just use the emotics from Ragnarok online and left it at that.
Callonia

Postby asxlen64 » Thu Mar 14, 2013 5:41 pm

Callonia wrote:
gadu wrote:Does the game offer more than your standard SRPG? Is it better or worse than its counterparts?

No, its actually more worse.

Just stick to console SRPGS if you want that kind of thing.

well obviously consoles are superior, i think the game originally came from korea(not positive) so i dont know what is in store, they have a forums to explain what features will be added, but it cause my computer to lock up so i havent read everything. i know they will have multiplayer quest and pvp later either in OBT or main version. its not super good, but its a good play to kill time.
NitroDino : the thing I don't like about blacksun type players is the only thing they want is to win.
asxlen64

Postby gadu » Thu Mar 14, 2013 11:16 pm

Callonia wrote: Ogre battle 64 still have better...

One of my favorites. I just wish they made the difficulty level higher like with the original SNES game. I love you Callonia. :oops:
gadu

Postby Callonia » Fri Mar 15, 2013 12:50 am

gadu wrote:
Callonia wrote: Ogre battle 64 still have better...

One of my favorites. I just wish they made the difficulty level higher like with the original SNES game. I love you Callonia. :oops:

*Hugs Gadu back.*

In one of my playthrough I went nuts and spammed recruitment until i reached max number of playable units, its 152 or 252 characters I think while those spearman puny triplets thingie's cap is at 999 i think cuz i got so much of them at one point lol.

If there was an issue, its the cap on units you can launch and numbers of battles available for you to particpate. You only can use like 10 units which's like uh up to 50 soldiers in a single battle.

I actually suffered from first world problems like getting angry over this puny limit coz I wanted to use my whole army. I recall having 3-8 available centurions. T_T Would've been fun to use that many legions.

My favorites was valkyries, knights, paladins, freyas, and all types of priests.

Had quite a few angel knights.

Golems is so annoying to transform tho xD So I just stuck with my Earth golems, **** the stone/metal golems.

I was so rich to the point where every single Knight of mine had a minimum of Blessed Swords equipped for them and magical baldr shields thingie. As long as they got decent stats. Those upgrades will even make a humble knight into a formidable opponent.

Oooh I just remembered those phalanx units and their upgrade classes, those is fun! Although I'm not happy with how they took the enemy blows... Moar fragile than paladins -.-

My paladins have moar pdef and mdef than them sheesh. This is pretty much the one of few things they messed up on. I would've been happier if those guys oh yes now i remember the class's name, cataphracts!

Yes I did have quite a few low alignment classes. I've gotten like almost every class in the game at least once. lol But my army always was like 90% high alignment for some strange reason.

While we're on topic of alignment now, This made me remember that sorceresses is also my favorite class. Though i don't use them in large numbers, i just use enough of them to make good use of every doomsday spell grimiore i can find.

I only can get bad ending no matter how much i replay it because its such a pain in the neck to "Liberate" a city with stupid unit's correct alignment if a town is lawful, send in an lawful unit to liberate otherwise an neutral/chaotic unit will capture it instead of liberating it. Retarded xD

It gets really problematic because enemy keeps on suiciding chaotic units and i end up with full on lawful army so i pretty much just capture 2/3 of the cities in the game lol instead of liberating them. i find it insanely hard to care about some retarded digits when I can't even walk around in the town that i just captured. There's probably an catch somewhere but **** them, i make my own rules. What kingdom fall is not my fault because they didn't let me particpate in the wars against the uprising from east so its not my problem, its magnus's fault that it have bad ending xD I only could watch herp derp.

Eh, this is all for now.

Oh and Ogre battle 64 have far more tactical depth and strategy than Alteil. Want unit tactics, Play Ogre Battle 64/FFt!

Wanna herp derp faceroll wins? Spam removals on alteil and win.

Sorry to break it to u guys but Alteil is trash. I'm just along for the ride at this point, I'd laugh my butt off if Alteil fails.

If alteil somehow succeeds well, at least i can bully the newbies.

Too many hard counters everywhere, its boring to duel these days. Enough hard counters just because errata team have irrational fear of knight captain+sunlit knight+ ex lap on field. And Knight captain is still trash compared to ex lap.
Callonia

Postby asxlen64 » Fri Mar 15, 2013 2:42 am

lol sorry to interrupt love fest, but jp threw in announcement, apparently set14 is to appear very soon, as you may remember several months ago alphonse is returning(not to mention joining wizard kingdom type/whats next herriat infiltration) hope hes not alone, cant wait to see some classic cards updated/storywise.

also callonia i forgot to ask, i know FFT for the psx is awesome, but i didnt really like the GBA one, havent tried the ds, but did you play either one and your opinion on the matter

also forgot to mention, alteil.jp gave all players a few free pc just cause, should i A: save it for a rare card that might come out, or B: take advantage of the 1pc=30g/3*random sphere event.
asxlen64

Postby Callonia » Fri Mar 15, 2013 3:56 am

Well, I have FFT for ps1 and PSP. PSP version is exactly the same with new additions like cinematic scenes in FFT's unique artstyle. And a couple of new classes, Black Knight and Onion knight. My lil bro went berserk over black knight class coz gargfarion guy is his favorite character xD

Never bothered with GBA/DS versions because it feels like an cash grab to me like ogre tactics -.-

Marvelous art in FFt and Ogrebattle 64 and anything else after them is nothing but a downgrade with sole exception of FFT for psp is actually a upgradE!!!!! O_O

I still remember my lvl 99 knight named Jorge. He was dualwielding chaos blade. XD Which means he dealt 1500 damage each AT round XD Is broken in a game where maximum damage possible is 999 lol. I got retardedly lucky in that playthrough, one of my characters had catch equipped then i ran into an ninja while I was just murdering monsters for lulz at lvl 99. He threw a chaos blade i' was like wait what, he throws a best sword in the game at my only catch equipped character!? Score! then i just sat there while ninja went berserk trying to kill my lancer with Catch equipped with chaos blade lolol Then after he got fed up and charged an character with counter which killed him in one counter XD Game was so easy after that.

U see, ogre tactics' unit portraits? They're frakkin' gorgeous. But when you go and look at the unit graphics, fugly -.- they worked difficult on th eportraits then went eh whatever good enough on unit graphics.

Which is a shame. plus Ogre tactics isn't that fun compared to FFT, its more bland and easier.

chocobos in FFT still make me rage even today xD

While ogre tactics, lol, kill everyone and move on.
Callonia

Postby gadu » Fri Mar 15, 2013 3:15 pm

It's true, the newer FF & Ogre tactics games lack so much and are nothing compared to the classics. I've been dreaming of a true sequel to Ogre Battle and was very disappointed by all the mediocrity, repetition, and lack of innovation in the tactics games they came out with.
gadu

PreviousNext

Return to General Off Topic