Fun With Refess?

Everything that doesn't go anywhere else.

Fun With Refess?

Postby gadu » Fri Mar 15, 2013 12:46 pm

Refess was my favorite at one point a long time ago and now they are my least favorite both to use and to play against. My change of heart is because of how their strategy is so tedious and accomplished by using so many annoying units like Phoenix Chick, Guardian, Star Dragon, even Miffy. My Refess monster file would be a million times better if I used Chick, but I just can't bring myself to use it because it frustrates the hell out of me.

When fighting Refess, I rarely have a hard time because my files have answers to most of their shenanigans. However, it takes a LOOOONG time to deal with all their shenanigans and the matches drag on and get so boring. I'm also impatient about the start skills going off. I just hate Refess now.

Lawtia has been my favorite for a long time. They always seem to get all the fun cards.

What do you guys think?
Abuser Punisher / Callonia
gadu

Re: Fun With Refess?

Postby Khiruki » Fri Mar 15, 2013 1:49 pm

Refess doesn't have an absurd amount of cute like Lawtia, but it has very little fugly. Overall the second cutest sphere after Dollies.
ImageImage
Khiruki

Postby Callonia » Fri Mar 15, 2013 2:34 pm

Its fun if you don't mind quitting on turn 1 against evil grinders.

I love refess vs refess matchups.

But honestly I've never played a phoenix chick, I see him as bad card lol Just because he's super easy for me to kill. And i like watching start skills going off. Its the bestest part personally. I watch my troops become ubar.

I loathe removals because its basically like ok what sissy? I watch my enemies fight at 5v1 advantage cuz they too afraid to take 10 damage in return so its much better to quit on the removal spammer people on turn 0. I write their names down and never fight them again. Sometimes i duel them again to see if they redeem themselves or stick to their evil sissy ways. If they redeem themselves I cross off names, if they don't, their name stays.

And khiruki, the cuteness factor is going up, i've been watching my manly army slowly become an army of girls with each set. Pretty boys applicable.
Callonia

Postby shadowsketch » Fri Mar 15, 2013 4:18 pm

It's just the nature of Refess.

For most Refess, it builds a strong foundation to where the opponent has to expend their resources to try to knock that building down. And when the opponent fails, Refess swoops in for the kill.

As far as fun, Raste is one of the most fun cards for me of the sphere :). I enjoy using him.
shadowsketch

Postby angelspawns » Fri Mar 15, 2013 6:02 pm

I hate seeing ExLap, Carbuncles, MankindVerlaat, Catira and PhoenixChick. Too much creativity and potential is wasted on the averedge Refess player, because they're all copy pasting the same no brainer files. All while Refess has the widest range of synergy, combo's and tricks. Their shenanigans mix so well with so many subtypes and even cross spheres... i love it.
angelspawns

Postby gadu » Sat Mar 16, 2013 12:36 am

angelspawns wrote:I hate seeing ExLap, Carbuncles, MankindVerlaat, Catira and PhoenixChick. Too much creativity and potential is wasted on the averedge Refess player, because they're all copy pasting the same no brainer files. All while Refess has the widest range of synergy, combo's and tricks. Their shenanigans mix so well with so many subtypes and even cross spheres... i love it.

This sums up my feelings perfectly. I almost forgot about stupid Catira abuse. I do enjoy your creativity with Refess though AS.
Abuser Punisher / Callonia
gadu

Postby Scientiafide » Sat Mar 16, 2013 2:38 pm

I think out of all the spheres, Refess might be the most interesting to construct files for. While most other spheres you can pretty much play cards in response to other ones, with Refess you have to plan ahead to how you're going to achieve fielding your field (ie your win condition). While anyone can put together a bunch of cards that have synergy with each other, its a much more interesting challenge to create such a file while trying to equip it with the tools to get the combos off while being able to combat and counter the various threats folrart will present.

I'd say that Refess and Falkow are probably the hardest spheres to construct files for; I don't know how many times I've seen players put too many units in their falkow files (focusing too much on building a large field) or build a refess file without regards to HOW exactly they're going to build their field (not to mention all the weaknesses and holes not being addressed).

Scientiafide

Return to Alteil General Discussion