Can't play at all.

ATTENTION! Here is where to post BUGS!

Re: Can't play at all.

Postby Quigleaf » Sun Mar 17, 2013 1:51 pm

I don't know what you guys did but right now I can't even check the Alteil website. Everything is, for practical purposes, down (my browser has been trying to load the Alteil website for a few hours by now).

Game? I can just see the My Iczer page, and incomplete. Trying to get into the game is just beyond my reach now. Even the forums are incredibly slow.
There's way too much variety to get from pulls. You get used to it. I… I don't even see the names. All I see is 5 gran, 30 gran, 10 gran.
Hey, you, uh… wanna play?
Quigleaf

Postby Romdeau » Sun Mar 17, 2013 3:03 pm

They were probably in the middle of the transfer, and it finished shortly after.

That would be my guess.
Romdeau

Postby Logress » Sun Mar 17, 2013 3:54 pm

well, we switched out the login to fix the previous issue (the login system is constantly referenced by the game to make sure you're still logged in) so there might be an issue with cashed pages or flash modules looking for the old page? Clearing your flash cash, browsing cash and the 'cookies and site plugin data' (that's how they put it on chrome, anyway) should fix it.

If that doesn't do it, I do know that Icy had this problem right after we switched the login component and he had to reset his windows winsock settings by going to the command prompt and typing:

netsh winsock reset

everyone, keep posing about your progress.
"Scissors are overpowered. Rock is fine." -Paper
Logress

Postby gabotheplaya » Sun Mar 17, 2013 9:02 pm

cleared cache.

still nothing. :(

EDIT:

> Click START
> Search "CMD"
> Right-click, click "Run as Administrator"
> paste this: netsh int ip reset c:\resetlog.txt
> Press enter
> Reset Computer

Googled the command before trying it out. IT WORKED!
ImageImage
gabotheplaya

Postby Quigleaf » Mon Mar 18, 2013 10:43 pm

Updating:

On Windows, after clearing every cache, cookies, temp internet files and using the Reset Winsock cmd, I was able to play without issues. The game had some slight lag during the test "run" but it has been speeding up since.

Mac is another story entirely; it kept giving me all sorts of issues and errors until 7 hours ago. Had to reinstall Firefox (haven't tested Safari yet) and manually delete each Flash cache (since automatic deletion didn't work), plus a few Alteil files that Safari had saved (no idea what were those) in the Preferences folder.

Thanks for your continual support, Apocostaff.
There's way too much variety to get from pulls. You get used to it. I… I don't even see the names. All I see is 5 gran, 30 gran, 10 gran.
Quigleaf

Postby Lecaf » Tue Mar 19, 2013 5:11 am

I've actually stopped playing myself because the game always gets stuck on a random load screen ---> ;loading

too frustrate :/
Lecaf

Postby Quigleaf » Tue Mar 19, 2013 3:53 pm

Lecaf wrote:I've actually stopped playing myself because the game always gets stuck on a random load screen ---> ;loading

too frustrate :/

Try deleting the Flash cache, Lecaf. Also, the cookies and stuff of your browser.
Quigleaf

Postby fargone » Tue Mar 19, 2013 5:18 pm

People shouldn't have to do extra maintenance on their PC to play.

I am hoping a permanent fix for this is in the works.
GonFreeces31 wrote:
fargone wrote:I realise this is completely off topic, but Icy deserves the limelight more than others. Some of whom dominate the forums with their endless posts.

What, I make legit points too...
fargone

Previous

Return to Fellana's Laboratory