Financial Rundown: EX Chromatic Forces

Everything that doesn't go anywhere else.

Re: Financial Rundown: EX Chromatic Forces

Postby Shirozaki » Tue Mar 19, 2013 5:06 pm

Is Ex: LMA affected by Ermitage's glitch?
"Abandon all hope, ye who enter here" - Inscription above the gates of Alteil
Romdeau wrote:I don't have much else to say to you other than you live in your own world if you believe I have active enemies around Alteil besides from Demongod.
Shirozaki

Postby Khiruki » Tue Mar 19, 2013 7:17 pm

I don't think it's a glitch. Just a technicality.
ImageImage
Khiruki

Postby Shirozaki » Tue Mar 19, 2013 9:58 pm

Tomato, Toma-toe...

It's a failure anyway.
"Abandon all hope, ye who enter here" - Inscription above the gates of Alteil
Romdeau wrote:I don't have much else to say to you other than you live in your own world if you believe I have active enemies around Alteil besides from Demongod.
Shirozaki

Postby Quigleaf » Wed Mar 20, 2013 1:21 am

Aoi wrote:Also any data on ex aug sorc, ex tali, or ex pom as units?

Updating:

- EX Augmented Sorcerer is a very nice, very capable unit. The downside about him is how his archetype, the Poison file, lacks all sorts of cards to play with. The Ork is great with him, but it's clunky and slow since the Poison skill from the Ork is limited to its RNG 1. If in the future there are more poison cards added to the Lawtia or Gowen pool, he will certainly become a staple on the Poison file, hoping to get some units and cards to enlarge the existing synergy between Grebados, the poison Ork and EX AugSorc to complete a Poison ORKS file (PORKS* lol).
By the way, I truly believe he's at home in a Duchy of Crest file, but since I lack an EX Langbart playset there's no way to test it currently for me. Try using him with Graymas's focus start skill and after Crest Paladin boost and the new Crest Blitz Swordswoman SS, IIRC he reaches around 80 ATK and 7 AGI. The poison skill adds some crowd control utility to the file.
In definitive, a solid choice for Duchy of Crest files: L2, AGI 4, a 2 SP KO skill and very potent when properly supported.

- EX Ancient Zombie Lord will become the new stepping stone for undeads. It's skill-intensive, expensive and has suicidal tendencies if alone; yet it has incredible utility, its synergy with undead Langbart is something to behold and makes your undead deck very resilient and potent. A must-have for any competitive player even if it requires a file tailored to him, since it is really competitive (Tier 1).

*Yeah, it was an awful pun. Sue me.

EX Tali and EX PoM coming next, but I'm not very excited about them tbh. It seems all sphere packs have a nice unit and a not-so-great one. Gowen still looks as the best of them all.
There's way too much variety to get from pulls. You get used to it. I… I don't even see the names. All I see is 5 gran, 30 gran, 10 gran.
Hey, you, uh… wanna play?
Quigleaf

Postby gadu » Wed Mar 20, 2013 10:07 am

Quigleaf wrote:[(PORKS* lol).

I thought it was good. :)
Abuser Punisher / Callonia
gadu

Postby Scientiafide » Wed Mar 20, 2013 10:50 pm

The way I see it the only packs really worth getting imo are the falkow and lawtia ones. EX POM is pretty good (although most people probably don't have the cards to run TGC), NIghtmare Given form SS is a solid SS in the 4th or 5th slot and can potentially work as a good endgame (a 4 agi, 70 attack double hitter is nothing to sneeze at) that can work well with some of the other falkow/lawtia multispheres, and of course the mermaid is a good lvl 2 unit. A someone who plays undeads, I don't see EX Ancient Zombie Lord being played with lvl 3 undeads (as it slows them down too much), but perhaps there's some potential with the mid undeads.

I also want to point out that LMA doesn't activate it's damage start skill every turn. The first ability engages it (the one that gives it +4 Rng when it has Rng 0). The main advantage to LMA is that it delivers damage to a target column very quickly (via startskill), but again, it does this every other turn. Fortunately, it's damage skill goes off on the first turn it's on the field. All in all, this unit isn't OP at all (there are tons of commonly played counters in every sphere, and better double attacking lvl 2s), I'd say overall it's an average unit.

The nice thing about it, though, is that if there's a way to increase it's range you can reactivate the ability on a crucial turn. If there's a unit out there that gives + range, then you can form a pretty nice combo with it (although I can't think of anything, such a unit currently may not exist for gowen or refess).

Personally I find the refess one to be pretty bad all in all.

As for the gowen pack, personally I don't see the big deal with EX Maggie. I think people are overrating this card. As it stands, it's such an sp intensive card that imo you can only place it as pretty much an endgame option, but I can't help but feel as far as endgame goes it's pretty underwhelming. Both falkow and Gowen have far better endgame cards without requiring anyone to multisphere.

EX Augmented Sorcerer seems interesting, but I think people are also overstating how effective this card is. For one, a lot of poison cards are terrible right now and are too sp-intensive, so much so that I'd say the best option would be to simply play this card as a standalone unit. I see this card mainly comboing with "breath of the dead." If Augmented Sorcerer activates, it'd be able to hit every enemy unit for 15 damage, and a further 15 with an extra sp. Ultimately, though, I think this unit still suffers from being too sp intensive like the other units (not as sp intensive but still), so I'm finding it to be kind of overrated.

Tl;DR The refess pack sucks, the gowen one is overrated, the lawtia and falkow ones are the only ones worth getting. While there are some good cards in the lawtia and falkow packs, I don't think any of these are absolutely essential to have tbh.

Scientiafide

Postby Callonia » Wed Mar 20, 2013 11:41 pm

Did a duel and saw the EX lvl 2 butthurtmented sorceror. Poison 3 units. lol

Pay2win.

Bye bye logged out of the duel right there on the button.

There is now bazillion hard counters to midrefess because romdeau have problems with them even when pedotouch is in the game. And noob slashes.

Lets just remove the standby ability from solar kingdom because romdeau have trouble with them even when he have death touch to autowin his matchups.

Poison = no standbying or watch anything n field be oneshot by breath of the dead which is the talisman version of undeads.

Talismans get nerfed but curse of the breath thingie don't get nerfed, Clearly refess bias shine through as bright as the sun itself.

I'm so happy i didn't buy cards in this ex.

Back to world of tanks where theres no omg i autolose.
Callonia

Postby Romdeau » Thu Mar 21, 2013 12:54 am

I miss the days when Callonia would write posts like the Solar Kingdom's list of Demands :cry:
Romdeau

Postby Quigleaf » Thu Mar 21, 2013 1:25 am

Scientiafide wrote:EX POM is pretty good (although most people probably don't have the cards to run TGC), NIghtmare Given form SS is a solid SS in the 4th or 5th slot and can potentially work as a good endgame (a 4 agi, 70 attack double hitter is nothing to sneeze at) that can work well with some of the other falkow/lawtia multispheres, and of course the mermaid is a good lvl 2 unit.

I'm a few cards away from testing full TGC, so as soon as that's covered I'll post my EX PoM evaluation. In my incomplete build, she seems to be best friends with Fortune.

Scientiafide wrote:A someone who plays undeads, I don't see EX Ancient Zombie Lord being played with lvl 3 undeads (as it slows them down too much), but perhaps there's some potential with the mid undeads.

EX AZL is not for your bread-and-butter undead file. During this week I saw the AZL file pull decent wins versus both versions of Emana Mermaids (the 4* and 5* ones), break Ryu/Balmoa's soft lock and present a decent threat range to all kinds of Tier 1 and Tier 2 decks.

Scientiafide wrote:I don't see the big deal with EX Maggie. I think people are overrating this card.

For an overrated card, being able to one-shot ANYTHING for 1 SP is above decent. She can outstall almost as well as Rasam does, she can OHKO even almost as well as Bringer does and requires slightly less resources than any of them.

Solid as rock. Not a niche card, not a must-have, but close. LSV would say she is an exemplar 4.

Scientiafide wrote:EX Augmented Sorcerer seems interesting. For one, a lot of poison cards are terrible right now and are too sp-intensive, so much so that I'd say the best option would be to simply play this card as a standalone unit.

Agree. His under-developed theme hurts him the most. As a standalone unit he is not exactly SP intensive, specially in a Duchy of Crest build.

- - - - -
Callonia wrote:There is now a bazillion hard counters to mid Refess now because romdeau have problems with them even when pedotouch is in the game. And noob slashes.

Now I'm curious. During the past few weeks, I've seen pretty much all kinds of decks in Folrart Arena, with a clear dominance from Lawtia and Falkow over other files. Not a single Poison file at all but mine. Gowen has banished from the face of the Arena so far (less than 10% of my matches have been against Gowen files).

Refess, on the other hand, is an uncommon sight but not that rare.

You might argue it's a trivia fact, but the most impressive file I've seen so far in this month is a Mid-Refess file that I've yet to see lose. I saw Emana Mermaids (both types) lose to it. I saw Undeads, Lawtia Starter, EN and Pixies lose to it. I won't post the names of the people playing those files (hint: there's a guy with a single member guild there which seems to be a dedicated player here) but let me tell you: a lot of top Iczers were unable to win against it.

It reminded me of the old Mavel days.

Maybe Refess looks weak to you because you aren't playing as much as before. Maybe it's time to change your playstyle and adapt to the meta. Maybe your cards are no longer state-of-the-art.

But there's no way to say Refess is doing poorly. It may not be popular, it may be expensive, but Mid-Refess has a very capable build right now.

I'm not posting a guide to build it because it's impossible unless you already have the cards: it uses a Thorned Battle Diva.
There's way too much variety to get from pulls. You get used to it. I… I don't even see the names. All I see is 5 gran, 30 gran, 10 gran.
Hey, you, uh… wanna play?
Quigleaf

Postby Khiruki » Thu Mar 21, 2013 1:29 am

Quigleaf wrote:I'm not posting a guide to build it because it's impossible unless you already have the cards: it uses a Thorned Battle Diva.

Callonia has Thorned Battle Diva.
ImageImage
Khiruki

PreviousNext

Return to Alteil General Discussion