Financial Rundown: EX Chromatic Forces

Everything that doesn't go anywhere else.

Re: Financial Rundown: EX Chromatic Forces

Postby Quigleaf » Thu Mar 21, 2013 1:35 am

Khiruki wrote:
Quigleaf wrote:I'm not posting a guide to build it because it's impossible unless you already have the cards: it uses a Thorned Battle Diva.

Callonia has Thorned Battle Diva.

He should PM me, I'll reply with the file list (even if I haven't seen it all, it wins by its 3rd SS consistently).
There's way too much variety to get from pulls. You get used to it. I… I don't even see the names. All I see is 5 gran, 30 gran, 10 gran.
Hey, you, uh… wanna play?
Quigleaf

Postby Callonia » Thu Mar 21, 2013 2:03 am

Romdeau wrote:I miss the days when Callonia would write posts like the Solar Kingdom's list of Demands :cry:

Maybe u should've thought of it before selfishly errataing ex dista to autowin against solar kingdom.

Dunno quigleaf, I run into heierrat assassin, that combo can set up quicker than Any lvl 4 spam. Oh sorry, poisoned oh sorry one shot oh sorry poisoned oh sorry oneshot.

My Tanks is much stronger than ever, Last year, I haven't even had a 100 hp tank very often. And Now I can reach 140 hp on regular basis but they get pwnt easily.

Oh what, you have something that might give enemy problems? Lemme use pedo touch on it, lemme use poison, lemme use removal, lemme use random crap and remove it from field somehow. Lemme use undodge sp drain as well.

Just pmed Quigleaf that I haz battle thorned diva now lets see how well it go.

If anything I bet i will have same luck like toromea where it always run into hardcounters and lose.

The tipping point for me was noobdilate's ezmode100dmgslash and it just kept on going downhill from there.

Gerg noob slash.

Ryu/balmoa.

And someother card i can't remember but that's basically when alteil became unfun for me.

I can beat all annoying lame cards as long as they're not run by soulless grinders who want to win every single duel.

Look at level of ex heierrat assassin, look at ex augmented of poison, yeah they can set up faster than midrefess does oh and they dodge Aliria's autoskill as well so no reviving oneshot units for me.

All Poisoned enemy units get HP-15. And then, Poison 3 random enemy units until the end of next turn. Is autoskill which basically says, eh **** you i don't even wanna let you standby for 25% and attempt to tempt you into attack so I can use my removal ss and wreck ur field lulz. Surely with this card's poisoned atmosphere for Ex Lapierre now have sufficient excuse to get her 20 hp heal on all friendly units back?

Sorry to break it to u romdeau but folrart's environment isn't fun as it was once. And i had my taste of uber solar kingdom of teh doom in JP Alteil 2, I can't go back to anemic soldiers in here alteil usa I even got a silver star with solar kingdom which is something very unthinkable to me in here usa.
Callonia

Postby monkeysmiles11 » Thu Mar 21, 2013 10:07 am

I've been playing the EX AZL with langbart since the EX packs came out and my result was 33 wins out of 46, those 13 losses made up of me giving someone a win (2), loss to lvl 5 verlaat (2), one EX AZL that used assasin and an engage return soul (1). it also won against mid refess with verlaat and a couple of ugrants including the chaos annarose variant, rasam ss serpents (1).

I actually now changed it to include EX augment sorcerer with breath of dead, spirit witch helps gets my the two gowen spheres and now I have a fairly solid triple sphere file (ref,law,gow) uttilizing undead and poison with random support.
monkeysmiles11

Postby cheongzewei » Thu Mar 21, 2013 10:46 am

Callonia wrote:
Romdeau wrote:I miss the days when Callonia would write posts like the Solar Kingdom's list of Demands :cry:

Maybe u should've thought of it before selfishly errataing ex dista to autowin against solar kingdom.

Dunno quigleaf, I run into heierrat assassin, that combo can set up quicker than Any lvl 4 spam. Oh sorry, poisoned oh sorry one shot oh sorry poisoned oh sorry oneshot.

My Tanks is much stronger than ever, Last year, I haven't even had a 100 hp tank very often. And Now I can reach 140 hp on regular basis but they get pwnt easily.

Oh what, you have something that might give enemy problems? Lemme use pedo touch on it, lemme use poison, lemme use removal, lemme use random crap and remove it from field somehow. Lemme use undodge sp drain as well.

Just pmed Quigleaf that I haz battle thorned diva now lets see how well it go.

If anything I bet i will have same luck like toromea where it always run into hardcounters and lose.

The tipping point for me was noobdilate's ezmode100dmgslash and it just kept on going downhill from there.

Gerg noob slash.

Ryu/balmoa.

And someother card i can't remember but that's basically when alteil became unfun for me.

I can beat all annoying lame cards as long as they're not run by soulless grinders who want to win every single duel.

Look at level of ex heierrat assassin, look at ex augmented of poison, yeah they can set up faster than midrefess does oh and they dodge Aliria's autoskill as well so no reviving oneshot units for me.

All Poisoned enemy units get HP-15. And then, Poison 3 random enemy units until the end of next turn. Is autoskill which basically says, eh **** you i don't even wanna let you standby for 25% and attempt to tempt you into attack so I can use my removal ss and wreck ur field lulz. Surely with this card's poisoned atmosphere for Ex Lapierre now have sufficient excuse to get her 20 hp heal on all friendly units back?

Sorry to break it to u romdeau but folrart's environment isn't fun as it was once. And i had my taste of uber solar kingdom of teh doom in JP Alteil 2, I can't go back to anemic soldiers in here alteil usa I even got a silver star with solar kingdom which is something very unthinkable to me in here usa.

Nue, I hate that damn card.

-30 att open augmented sorcerer that has double attack AND F*(&(* GRIMBANES AT 1 SP on a level 2?? WHAT POT WERE YOU SMOKING?

Dance Macabre / Lelein. with 3 word of dalos. FU to everything! Target enemy unit gets HP=0. Target friendly unit gets HP=0, except this unit.

RASAM ss, and the only way to counter is to play a lv 5 unit card. if it were a level 2, i would play Solar K more.

just **** lv 3 solar, it's horrible now. they won't even bother to buff the pathetically weak Saber Saint / Lapierre at a super odd 35 hp. At the very f897979 least, make her usable, not trash.
Perfect 9
ImageImage
cheongzewei

Postby Scientiafide » Thu Mar 21, 2013 2:38 pm

Hmm, the thing is I've beaten both Ryu/Balmoa and Mermaids with Lvl 3 Undeads before. Lawtia already has lots of tools at it's disposal to handle these threats, I don't think it's necessary to go through all the setup for AZL (and in fact would make the file worse imo). Not to mention, their close skills aren't as good as the lvl 4 undeads for AZL to utilize; I mean if you want to boost attack and agi, there's already broken priest for that. Judging from what monkey said, though, it may indeed be a huge boon for mid undeads (which is good because it's about time the file type received a buff).

Anyway, yea EX POM works well not just with fortune, but the with a whole bunch of other of TGC and refess cards. You can also combo it with sunbeam cage, Abel, Demon Nun, and Inquisition Night Raider (If you notice, POM's action skill turns the time of day to noon, setting up for Night Raiders Start).

As for EX Maggie, she's lvl 5 (not lvl 4). I agree she's not bad or anything, but I don't find it to be all that great either. Some people are already screaming it's OP, hence why I'm saying it's overrated. I agree the second ability is nice, but the first one is the one I think people are overrating. The thing about Rasam is that she's agi 5, meaning that she will almost always go first; Maggie on the other hand will often have to compete with other units (and may even lose to other agi 5 units) to get her 1st ability off. Rasam also combos with Time stop, allowing her to field wipe a lot of rushes. In terms of crowd control Rasam is way better, they're not comparable at all. Hell, come endgame I'd rather take Bog wyvern or Sorcerer monk, at least with them you'll know they'll ohko most units with their double attack. Her first ability is expensive, and both subpar as an engage ability (due to her 4 agi) and as a damage ability since it wont be enough to take out most units (even with gowen 9 you're only going to be dealing 38 damage to each unit). Anyone who's used Rasam can attest to the fact that it's annoying to use a random engage ability (as there's a good chance it'll engage a unit that's already engaged), just imagine how much more annoying it would be to use with an agi 4 unit as opposed to an agi 5 unit. Anyway like I said, I think there are several other endgame cards that are better.

Scientiafide

Postby gadu » Thu Mar 21, 2013 4:43 pm

The only thing about Magg is how many resources are you going to have left to deal with each super unit like Bringer, Dilate, other Dilate, Dan, etc.? Big Blue is strong because you have to exert a great amount of resources to take out the Squid, Rasam, Wyverns... by the time Bog hits the field, opponent is out of gas and Bog just mops the floor with the leftovers.

I do think Scientia doesn't give enough credit to the Ex Undead. The balance team (which from here on out I will refer to as the False Team) is so desperate for undeads to return to the scene that they release this blatant powercreeped unit that is arguably the best undead in the game.
Abuser Punisher / Callonia
gadu

Postby Quigleaf » Thu Mar 21, 2013 6:30 pm

gadu wrote:I do think Scientia doesn't give enough credit to the Ex Undead.

It's all about experience. Sharp players will quickly infer the uses of certain cards, but the only way you can truly help others understand and enhance their experience is using and experimenting with the objects you're talking about.

Like those times when you reply "I don't like that food" to anything you haven't tasted and eaten yourself.
There's way too much variety to get from pulls. You get used to it. I… I don't even see the names. All I see is 5 gran, 30 gran, 10 gran.
Hey, you, uh… wanna play?
Quigleaf

Postby monkeysmiles11 » Thu Mar 21, 2013 7:10 pm

the EX AZL weakness comes from the lengthy set up and cluttering your file with three cards that besides serve the level gaining purpose are just fodder. I want so bad to have an alternate set up the other methods are just too slow. the file being a mid is also highly susceptible to sin soul, as well as bitter destiny which was played after a field wipe of my proxy, moxy and buncle leaving me with no sp and was pretty much an auto lose on turn 4, usually an auto lose to a lvl two sin soul rush also. Sure once the set up is set your pretty golden provided there is no sin soul, max hp reduction comboed with a rush, rasam ss, miffeyere/emana, return agl 2 ss, engage return ss, ect. most likely there will be. It does take a bit to get to it and maintain it. it highly susceptible to engaging methods like rasam SS which is highly common I wouldn't say any of my fights with EX AZL were easy and it always provided a good battle. It makes a fun well themed file with undead and witches that has been holding its own in folrat which is a mess of blue returns and engaging.

The main thing which I like about it is that the max hp -40 close is rangeless which is something that undead desperately needs to combat immune to attack abilities so I say it was well made.
monkeysmiles11

Postby Scientiafide » Thu Mar 21, 2013 7:58 pm

gadu wrote:The only thing about Magg is how many resources are you going to have left to deal with each super unit like Bringer, Dilate, other Dilate, Dan, etc.? Big Blue is strong because you have to exert a great amount of resources to take out the Squid, Rasam, Wyverns... by the time Bog hits the field, opponent is out of gas and Bog just mops the floor with the leftovers.

I do think Scientia doesn't give enough credit to the Ex Undead. The balance team (which from here on out I will refer to as the False Team) is so desperate for undeads to return to the scene that they release this blatant powercreeped unit that is arguably the best undead in the game.

Haha I gotta say I actually lold at the False Team joke XD Does the balance team actually feel that way about undeads though? Lvl 3 undeads seem fine to me personally.

Anyway I never said AZL is bad or anything, it's clearly a good card. I was just saying it doesn't belong with lvl 3 undeads (it would make that file type worse imo), and that it makes a lot more sense to me to play it with the mid undeads.

Scientiafide

Postby Icyman2 » Thu Mar 21, 2013 8:42 pm

Playing limier, you shouldn't get hit by bd. It's the hardest one to time bd with other sac units out.
Icyman2

PreviousNext

Return to Alteil General Discussion