Re: suggestion for future grind events

Postby ForgotPassNotWorking » Wed Mar 20, 2013 11:32 pm

Make events not suck. ;zagar
I like Alteil a lot! Alteil is awesome! HAHAHAHA
ForgotPassNotWorking

Postby Icyglare » Wed Mar 20, 2013 11:33 pm

^ Make posts not suck ;a31

Put some description in there, what is it about this event that you don't like. Why are you not just ignoring this event and just play as normal?
For a large amount of various Alteil Replays, try youtube link

<-- http://www.youtube.com/AlteilReplays -->

CEM guild brah!
Icyglare

Postby gadu » Wed Mar 20, 2013 11:48 pm

What I wrote in the Courtyard, I will copy here:

Logress wrote:Keep in mind JP had a grinding event every month, and usually had NO CAP on the point cards (unless I begged them to put one) or a prize with an insane requirement, making it a super-grind. However, look at the numbers of folrart, and logins and interest in general over the last month and then this week, I would say that interest in collecting events from the Alteil playerbase as a whole is high.

I don't think it's the collecting event that people like as much as it is being able to pinpoint rare cards (something that is so hard to do in Alteil that it drives people to do miserable things like grind the hell out of more than 50 battles and getting random progress toward your goal). Despite how miserable it can be, some people endure it because it is probably the best chance to pinpoint a rare card which speaks volumes about the shop system in the game.
Abuser Punisher / Callonia
gadu

Postby kirk22 » Thu Mar 21, 2013 8:20 am

Icyglare wrote:
kirk22 wrote:
Maybe you all should work on improving other events or come up with new ones then. Or just focus on improving the game overall and not on an event that only increases activity for a short amount of time.

When the event is up, they don't have to constantly monitor it. Just a setup and tear down so it's not a lot of time out of their day. What is it about these events that you don't want, does it add stress when that TB comes up?

I don't want an event that makes me feel that I have to play multiple times a day just to get a prize. I also don't like the fact that you pretty much have to play meta or something that counters the meta just to have a chance of winning a single match. Thats why I like 5 of 7 events so much. You can come in, play a single game, and you've met the event requirement. Win or lose, you've just moved closer to receiving whatever prize they happen to be offering.

Events like this seem to do nothing but stress the community, and thats never a good thing for a game. Especially one with such a small group of active players like Alteil.
ImageImage
kirk22

Postby Dean » Thu Mar 21, 2013 11:57 am

Not everyone will like grinding event but they should at least reward players for playing instead of reward only winning. Something like 2 eggs for the winner and 1 egg for the loser (if the match is 10 turn or over for example) would make sense and reward everyone for playing the game.
Dean

Postby Scientiafide » Thu Mar 21, 2013 2:55 pm

Romdeau wrote:
kirk22 wrote:No more grind events. Ever.

If only they weren't consistently the best event for generating player interest and activity...including Batora.

The reason these events generate so much more activity is because playing matches when there isn't an event going on isn't rewarding at all. Why would players focus so much of their time playing when there isn't an event? To get a measly 1 gran per match (on average)? To accumulate useless FM? To lvl up and not gain anything until you do this ten times? That's the thing I don't get, wouldn't it be better to have this type of activity all the time instead of just part of the time?

That's the thing I hate about you guys mentioning these stats (well, besides the fact we've yet to see the actual numbers of course), it seems like it's taking away creativity for solutions and improvements and instead justifying taking the same old tired course of action. Or I should say, I hate the conclusions that are developed after collecting these stats. That's the thing, just because you have stats doesn't mean you're coming up with the appropriate conclusions and responses to them. Your interpretation to the stats shouldn't automatically trump the interpretations of the player base; as I always say, no one's infallible.

Scientiafide

Postby Aoi » Thu Mar 21, 2013 3:45 pm

Maybe add a feature where guild members can exchange the collection cards with each other, so when they get spares they can help someone else, while getting closer to their goal. It would add more emphasis to the guild feature. Also I like Dean's idea of 2 cards for winner, and 1 for loser, it sucks losing and getting nothing, especially if its a dc.
ImageImage
Aoi

Postby Romdeau » Thu Mar 21, 2013 4:45 pm

There is definitely too much of an extreme "winner takes all" in the current system, I'm sure that will change in due time.
Romdeau

Postby gadu » Thu Mar 21, 2013 5:23 pm

gadu wrote:I have 5 zig zag and 0 of everything else. I'm glad I just play 1-3 games a day so I don't have to put up with this $hit.

At some point next week, I will announce when I will be giving out free wins to help players collect cards. Try to catch me or my alt during that time. Hopefully I will encounter a lot of struggling players.
Abuser Punisher / Callonia
gadu

Postby Callonia » Fri Mar 22, 2013 3:58 pm

Romdeau wrote:
kirk22 wrote:No more grind events. Ever.

If only they weren't consistently the best event for generating player interest and activity...including Batora.

I only like Batora events. They is the bestest events i've seen in folrart arena period. People run decks they normally refuse to do just to kill batora.
Callonia

PreviousNext

Return to Safiria's Planning Bureau