Financial Rundown: EX Chromatic Forces

Everything that doesn't go anywhere else.

Re: Financial Rundown: EX Chromatic Forces

Postby Aoi » Thu Mar 21, 2013 9:30 pm

Um yeah that comment about bitter destinying buncle, limier, and moxy, is because of me.

https://alteil-login.apocoplay.com/audi ... cb147826ff

But I don't really think something like that is much of a problem in most other files.
ImageImage
Aoi

Postby monkeysmiles11 » Thu Mar 21, 2013 10:50 pm

Aoi wrote:Um yeah that comment about bitter destinying buncle, limier, and moxy, is because of me.

https://alteil-login.apocoplay.com/audi ... cb147826ff

But I don't really think something like that is much of a problem in most other files.

Which is why I wish there was more flexibility for multisphere openings but with that file I really only have that one process, I wish I could start out mono lawita and add refess later but there is no lawita to refess proxy. That file was just an un-attentional hard counter
monkeysmiles11

Postby gadu » Thu Mar 21, 2013 10:50 pm

Monkey, with all due respect, the set up isn't working out so good for you because your SS is all wrong for that opening. You need a good 2 LP SS in there early on. The proxy open is actually really strong against a lot of files, but I think your wasting some potentional with the souls.
Abuser Punisher / Callonia
gadu

Postby Aoi » Thu Mar 21, 2013 10:59 pm

To be honest, I actually lose more to undead files then I do win. I think its the other way around Undead hard counter sins like the sins I have in my file (lacks francis). In essence I kinda had to bd those or I would get over run with bunch of units that don't stay dead. By the way I have warning knife and corruption in here, I was just waiting for a dumb def boosting ss.
ImageImage
Aoi

Postby monkeysmiles11 » Fri Mar 22, 2013 12:21 am

gadu wrote:Monkey, with all due respect, the set up isn't working out so good for you because your SS is all wrong for that opening. You need a good 2 LP SS in there early on. The proxy open is actually really strong against a lot of files, but I think your wasting some potentional with the souls.

I did have cudgel instead of rasam starting out, the problem was that cudgel would trigger at a very inconvenient time I could try lapierre soul. I would put a 2lp in my slot two but having two +1 sp souls at the beginning allows me to get langbart and AZL out back to back, its just not good if either is left alone for more than a turn. that assassin episode aside I haven't had any problems with my opening or the souls which have been great crowd control. I don't mean to complain about the opening though I am getting pretty tired of it for all my ref/lawt files I was just pointing out how summoning one copy of three cards can put you back a bit and a unit like AZL can help to catch up to a losing field when playing against rushes. Of course there is also files where my openings work great like with ugrant files.

As for SS's I feel mine do what I attend them for the and that is to hold the field till I get the correct set up, there are instances where three lp1 SS works great and times not but thats just the nature of it surely in your games you find yourself wanting to alternate your souls based on the file your against.
monkeysmiles11

Postby Quigleaf » Thu Mar 28, 2013 1:22 am

Almost 2 weeks after release, the preliminar conclusions of the cards that have been consistently pulling its weight on the testing matches; bear in mind Lawtia's EX: PoM has not been Folrart-tested yet, thus I'm reserving my opinion on her until I use her in a full TGC build (it's gonna take a while btw, too much EX's I don't own in sets yet).

Rating explanations:
5 - An all-star auto-include in basically all builds that can afford to play it, a multiple archetype enhancer, and quite possibly a meta-game warping card. Examples: Brave Hero/Dilate, Shade.
4 - A solid, competitive card choice, an unarguably essential card in its Sphere and in the files that chose to play it. Examples: Return, Salamander.
3 - A roleplayer, a staple of a file archetype. Examples: Priestess of Madness, Mage Knight of Regus.
2 - A niche inclusion. Examples: Talisman of Disruption, Miracle Fruit.
1 - Alteil. What are you doin'.
0 - Alteil. STAHP.

EX: Light Magic Archer
Card Rating: 2.5
- It can target, "attack" before anyone else, is cheap enough and can support. However, this is not a newcomer-friendly card, it requires some skill to use it to the best of its abilities and every other turn she takes a nap. Solid card, but not a mindless auto-include in Ref/Gow files, and sadly no synergy with Toromea will doom this card to rarely see play. An interesting card that could go all sorts of places, but not a game-definer right now.
Soul Skill Rating: 2.5
- Mass healer/buffer SS's will always be compared to either Cudgel or 2nd. Shrine Knight. It can help you push through opposition, specially if timed after a Chamail, but there are too much choices here.

EX: Ancient Zombie Lord
Card Rating: 3.5
- Single target Sergis as Refresh effect, a nice aggro-tank of sorts, decent damage and Max HP hate, all in the same card. In its theme, an ATK buffer and a recycler, and out of its theme, a resilient and deadly unit. Currently we're seeing him pop in all kinds of Undead files, but the card is so competent there's a chance we're going to see him as an include in non-Undead Ref/Law files. His dedicated build is a 1800+ RP file, and will probably be the next popular and big file to defeat during the following weeks, so dust off your Lawtia SP draining files and keep them handy.
Soul Skill Rating: 3
- Cheap dual elimination limited only by the ATK potential of your units. Still testing, but looks good enough.

EX: Mage Soldier Mercenary Girl
Card Rating: 3.5
- Utility and power, concentrated in a single Mage Soldier non-character unit. It can deal with a small field on its own, or knockout large, powerful units for 1 SP. A RNG 3 110 damage pinpoint attack at AGI 4 for a single SP is nothing to sneeze at. If anything, the card suffers from being in a Sphere combination that is very SP-intensive, and she doesn't help mitigate those issues, but don't underestimate her: the card is a powerhouse.
Soul Skill Rating: 2
- Limited applications (the revival clause hurts it a lot, instead of the more versatile "revive or heal"), but could end up seeing play as a regular SS of in a Rankup build.

EX: Mermaid Soldier [Human]
Card Rating: 3
- A synergy all-around auto-include in Mage Soldiers (alongside the previus EX Mermaid Soldier) and a defining card in the reborn Mermaid Princess/Emana build. She depends on a number of conditions to be fulfilled by your build and by your field, however. A clever opponent with some field disruption can quickly turn its AGI debuff against you, or force a Red Sword activation in order to kill her with attacks before she boosts. Very fun to play with in any case.
Soul Skill Rating: 2.
- We're seeing here an interesting variation of the "40 DMG target + effect" basic SS. This is probably a tailor-made soul for Balmoa and friends, but other decks could benefit; the issue comes when you realize the second part of the effect is better if you can trigger it with a certain field configuration, thus being more a 2-4 SS card than a 1st SS one, yet the first part of the effect is better at the early stages of the game.

Two quick conclusions: there are no "buy now if you play X sphere" cards (which is mostly a good thing) and Lawtia is the big winner, since both cards are promising.

Recommendations:
- If your budget is 1-9.99 USD, skip this EX release, save for later cards. There's nothng here that is advisable as a 1x purchase.
- If your budget is 10 USD, maybe you want to grab single copies of some SS cards, but if your budget is 10 USD and you're an Undead player (which can be built for cheap, since the only necessary cards are Hell Smoke and Spirit Witch) go get 3x Lawtia packs right now and thank me later.
- If your budget is 10.01-20 USD, get only what you're going to use. There's no need to overextend to try to get everything in this release. A Lawtia playset plus a few Lottos or a couple of packs sounds ok.
- If your budget is 20+ USD go nuts.
There's way too much variety to get from pulls. You get used to it. I… I don't even see the names. All I see is 5 gran, 30 gran, 10 gran.
Hey, you, uh… wanna play?
Quigleaf

Previous

Return to Alteil General Discussion