Gratz Romdeau

Re: Gratz Romdeau

Postby Shirozaki » Thu Mar 28, 2013 8:59 pm

Quigleaf wrote:
Shirozaki wrote:
Quigleaf wrote:Finally, as icing on the cake, you come and post your alleged Alteil ragequit while arguing how much fun you're having in another game. That's almost as depressing as having a date with a new gal and calling your ex in the middle of dinner to let her know you're having the time of your life.

Dear lord, this allegory is horrible and Alteil is not your girlfriend.

Because you should take a figure of speech by its literal value.

Why are you unable to grasp the real content of my posts beffudles me to no end. Either I am being insane for expecting you eventually will or for thinking you actually can.

On a related note, reading your replies to anything I write while the Yakety Sax plays as background music is quickly becoming a favorite activity of mine. Keep up the good work! You should try it some time, the comedic value is greatly enhanced by Randolph's iconic piece.

...I am sorry, but how is that a figure of speech? I admit, having been an author for what, six years now, my mastery of the language surely isn't as profound as the encyclopedias you are using as a rebuttal reference, but I would advise to pick your sources more carefully next time. Untrained individuals like me may not reach the epiphany from reading your schmendrick, as you have duly noted yourself a few times now. I apologize for all of us being so utterly unable to comprehend high language, because it is clearly the mass at fault.

And as I said, that is a terrible allegory.

I don't even NEED to interpret what your entire post truly contains, because you told me in the chat: You take insults directed at Alteil to a personal level.
You bust into threads like you're the saviour of the delusioned Game Masters and the Father of the Lady of Pain rolled into one poor Lawful Good Paladin.

How has that worked for you so far? Shall we talk about Far's thread and your argumentative backflip you did when he confronted you with it? I am sure you have already embarassed yourself enough, but fishing the respective log from a .json artifact that our new graceful chat provides us with would be no big deal.

Sorry quiggy, you are neither Alteil's lawyer nor their saviour. Call has been defending a valid standpoint since what? 9 sets now? And even if he has a...weird way (I am censoring myself, since the last time I said that I got buggered by Gadu) of expressing it, it has been acknowledged by people with far more experience in the game than either you or I have. (Ignoring that he has been the sole source of entertainment for a looooong time in this forum)

Oh, and when it comes to humorous compositions I prefer Khachaturian's Sabre Danse.
"Abandon all hope, ye who enter here" - Inscription above the gates of Alteil
Romdeau wrote:I don't have much else to say to you other than you live in your own world if you believe I have active enemies around Alteil besides from Demongod.
Shirozaki

Postby Icyglare » Thu Mar 28, 2013 9:10 pm

Picture of Shiro at work, working as an author

For a large amount of various Alteil Replays, try youtube link

<-- http://www.youtube.com/AlteilReplays -->

CEM guild brah!
Icyglare

Postby Shirozaki » Thu Mar 28, 2013 9:12 pm

Crud, my secret identity.
"Abandon all hope, ye who enter here" - Inscription above the gates of Alteil
Romdeau wrote:I don't have much else to say to you other than you live in your own world if you believe I have active enemies around Alteil besides from Demongod.
Shirozaki

Postby worthing » Thu Mar 28, 2013 9:26 pm

Icyglare wrote:Picture of Shiro at work, working as an author

Finally, someone who doesn't derail my threads
worthing

Postby ForgotPassNotWorking » Thu Mar 28, 2013 9:33 pm

Callonia wrote:

Ya i like the game too. I grinded an awful lot. I got the cemetary recursion card, vanguard and 2 more crux knight cards of same rarity.

It's fun to have those, but i sure hate the dungeons. No i can't get over that bit. :(

Also there was some 2 size crux knight chick i think in EX pack or something like that. But she costs about as much as the main crux characters from the first 4 episodes.
At least that's how i remember it. You had to combine that vanguard + that pink hair + 2 more of those rare crux knight chars.

How long does it take you to grind your desired cards?

I think i've quit over cards like shrink. Everyone was running that stupid spell. It halves all stats including size.
I like Alteil a lot! Alteil is awesome! HAHAHAHA
ForgotPassNotWorking

Postby Callonia » Thu Mar 28, 2013 9:51 pm

Lulz, after few days now this gets moved to off topic discussion.

Swordgirls now at episode 12 and with EX 3 out i think.

And for atm, I got everything I ever wanted. I think i'll get an swimsuit luthica later on. So as long as your not crafting an super rare card, it seems like you will basically be able to pinpoint anything you want like right away.

And that is on an account that haven't been played since open beta. But the day I came back i have enough materials to get myself an vanguard knight right away.

Oh yeah the original reason why i decided to come and post again... to this post, i wanted to mention that i crashed on 6th floor after a win and it was an abode flash crash so i sighed and relogged and surprisngly it put me onto 7th floor their client recognizes crash and don't wipe out ur progression XD This is good news indeed.
Callonia

Postby Quigleaf » Thu Mar 28, 2013 10:39 pm

Shirozaki wrote:
Quigleaf wrote:
Shirozaki wrote:Dear lord, this allegory is horrible and Alteil is not your girlfriend.

Because you should take a figure of speech by its literal value.

...I am sorry, but how is that a figure of speech? I admit, having been an author for what, six years now, my mastery of the language surely isn't as profound as the encyclopedias you are using as a rebuttal reference, but I would advise to pick your sources more carefully next time.

And as I said, that is a terrible allegory.

I don't even NEED to interpret what your entire post truly contains, because you told me in the chat: You take insults directed at Alteil to a personal level.
You bust into threads like you're the saviour of the delusioned Game Masters and the Father of the Lady of Pain rolled into one poor Lawful Good Paladin. How has that worked for you so far? Shall we talk about Far's thread and your argumentative backflip you did when he confronted you with it? I am sure you have already embarassed yourself enough, but fishing the respective log from a .json artifact that our new graceful chat provides us with would be no big deal.

Sorry quiggy, you are neither Alteil's lawyer nor their saviour. Call has been defending a valid standpoint since what? 9 sets now? And even if he has a...weird way (I am censoring myself, since the last time I said that I got buggered by Gadu) of expressing it, it has been acknowledged by people with far more experience in the game than either you or I have. (Ignoring that he has been the sole source of entertainment for a looooong time in this forum)

Oh, and when it comes to humorous compositions I prefer Khachaturian's Sabre Danse.

Funny you mention it tho, since you're clearly defining that specific sentence as an allegory. Weren't metaphors (even extended ones) figures of speech? I am genuinely asking, since as Rom has inferred, english is far from my first language. Just for clarification's sake, I was aiming at an auxesis but you insisted on calling it an allegory, so let's roll with your definition this time.

How does anyone proceeds in a backflip when misunderstood from the very beginning? Even Fargone said "I thought you were attacking me", but after reading my first post in that thread, I am still puzzled how he reached that conclusion. I'd like to say I'm a Lawful Good Paladin, Shirozaki, but that role kinda suits you better for now since you decided to be on a crusade to smite any minions and hellspawns created by my utterly cursed words, trying to shield the Alteil's community from my perceived evil intent.

In spirits of continuing the exercise you can ask Romdeau and others anytime how I clearly identify myself in chat even when accidentally logged into someone else's account, so no artifact abuse nor evasion as you imply has been done or will be ever done from my end. Still not a Paladin tho, in honor of Gygax and company I'd point you have been trying to invest me as some kind of villain with otherwor(l)dly powers. Going with the flow doesn't really maddens me, so I can be your Lord Loren of Daargard as long as you desire.

Once you exhaust from playing games with my words it would be commendable to try to read my texts unbiased. Again, maybe I am insane for thinking you eventually will but I still have faith (at least in you) that those words are not beyond your capabilities. So here you are, presented with a conundrum that you might or might not be able to solve: Is it ultimately delusional from me to provide a counter voice to these rather painful cries of inconformity, even while I acknowledge that most of all those voices are right?

Suit yourselves. You can insist in doom-saying and nerf-crying and rage-quitting to your leisure. I will still be around playing and pointing why those methods are ultimately wrong the next thread any of you decide to create. And, honoring your request, reading your posts while listening to Sabre Danse. Maybe the comedy will be lost in translation for one of us, but you won't have any arguments to doubt from my disposition to actually conduct a conversation to try to change this community's flaws, one member at a time.
Last edited by Quigleaf on Fri Mar 29, 2013 1:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
There's way too much variety to get from pulls. You get used to it. I… I don't even see the names. All I see is 5 gran, 30 gran, 10 gran.
Hey, you, uh… wanna play?
Quigleaf

Postby GOSCAR » Thu Mar 28, 2013 11:12 pm

One does not play alteil the way they want. -Gon

False Slash- Rom
GOSCAR

Postby GonFreeces31 » Thu Mar 28, 2013 11:47 pm

Typical goscar post
The True Hero / Callonia
GonFreeces31

Postby Callonia » Fri Mar 29, 2013 12:44 am

I was trying out this upgrade thingie and managed to get two successful upgrades.

One of my guard knights went from 7/1/12 to 8/1/13 lolz
Callonia

PreviousNext

Return to General Off Topic