Gratz Romdeau

Re: Gratz Romdeau

Postby ForgotPassNotWorking » Fri Mar 29, 2013 8:24 pm

Upgrades can sometimes decrease stats. I still remember when i got +1 stat first level, +1 stat next and on 3rd i get -1 stat. -.-
I like Alteil a lot! Alteil is awesome! HAHAHAHA
ForgotPassNotWorking

Postby Shirozaki » Fri Mar 29, 2013 8:50 pm

Quigleaf wrote:Funny you mention it tho, since you're clearly defining that specific sentence as an allegory. Weren't metaphors (even extended ones) figures of speech? I am genuinely asking, since as Rom has inferred, english is far from my first language. Just for clarification's sake, I was aiming at an auxesis but you insisted on calling it an allegory, so let's roll with your definition this time.

How does anyone proceeds in a backflip when misunderstood from the very beginning? Even Fargone said "I thought you were attacking me", but after reading my first post in that thread, I am still puzzled how he reached that conclusion. I'd like to say I'm a Lawful Good Paladin, Shirozaki, but that role kinda suits you better for now since you decided to be on a crusade to smite any minions and hellspawns created by my utterly cursed words, trying to shield the Alteil's community from my perceived evil intent.

In spirits of continuing the exercise you can ask Romdeau and others anytime how I clearly identify myself in chat even when accidentally logged into someone else's account, so no artifact abuse nor evasion as you imply has been done or will be ever done from my end. Still not a Paladin tho, in honor of Gygax and company I'd point you have been trying to invest me as some kind of villain with otherwor(l)dly powers. Going with the flow doesn't really maddens me, so I can be your Lord Loren of Daargard as long as you desire.

Once you exhaust from playing games with my words it would be commendable to try to read my texts unbiased. Again, maybe I am insane for thinking you eventually will but I still have faith (at least in you) that those words are not beyond your capabilities. So here you are, presented with a conundrum that you might or might not be able to solve: Is it ultimately delusional from me to provide a counter voice to these rather painful cries of inconformity, even while I acknowledge that most of all those voices are right?

Suit yourselves. You can insist in doom-saying and nerf-crying and rage-quitting to your leisure. I will still be around playing and pointing why those methods are ultimately wrong the next thread any of you decide to create. And, honoring your request, reading your posts while listening to Sabre Danse. Maybe the comedy will be lost in translation for one of us, but you won't have any arguments to doubt from my disposition to actually conduct a conversation to try to change this community's flaws, one member at a time.

Yes, I have called it an allegory, and I have also more than once told you that profound usage of a dictionary does not guarantee mastery of the language. Everyone inside a linguists field of expertise shies away from calling literary devices "figures of speech" nowadays, Merriam-Webster be damned. Even the currently revived term "Trope" is archaic and twisted to suit modern standards (which is why I do not vouch for Americans).
However, that does not change the fact that your misuse of a, let's use your definition this time, hyperbole has in no way enhanced your intended statement.

Now you can go on how we are all misunderstanding what you are saying, how you are, oh, so puzzled at our neglect towards what you were ACTUALLY saying; but you should know that in a world where syntax and grammar form your personality it is not a reader's fault if the perception differs from the intention; It is a writer's responsibility to use said literary devices in a manner that make his speech UNDERSTANDABLE, which you failed to do more than once now. Everything is subjective to the tune you compose while writing, so I am afraid your plea for "unbiased reading" will forever fall on deaf ears, as it is very much human's nature to be biased (where would we be without confirmation bias?)

I will omit a response regarding "artifact abuse", as I have no idea what the holy smithereens you are talking about?

Yes, it is. History has already proven me right in this. I know you have been around for long enough to know this, and while I am most curious as to why you decided to emerge after such an amount of time, it is really not in my interest to pry into your Asperger's damaged psyche. No, actually, it would be utterly boring for me, as I've been in that field of expertise already.

And as I have bidded you in our first confrontation I wish you once again a plethora of patience in your pursue of reasonable change, as I will continue to lean back and enjoy your attempts with the others until it is time to conduct another witch hunt, which by the way I find much more romanticising than a Crusade.

Post Scriptum: Since you now seem to be super thick enough with my former Bro Romdeau to drop his name twice would you be so kind to do me the favour to ask him what was up with his love letter? I am sure there is some amusement left in this topic.
"Abandon all hope, ye who enter here" - Inscription above the gates of Alteil
Romdeau wrote:I don't have much else to say to you other than you live in your own world if you believe I have active enemies around Alteil besides from Demongod.
Shirozaki

Postby GOSCAR » Fri Mar 29, 2013 9:05 pm

Shirozaki wrote: (which is why I do not vouch for Americans)

COMMIE!!!
One does not play alteil the way they want. -Gon

False Slash- Rom
GOSCAR

Postby Icyglare » Fri Mar 29, 2013 9:06 pm

It kinda sounds like two English professors arguing over Shakespeare
For a large amount of various Alteil Replays, try youtube link

<-- http://www.youtube.com/AlteilReplays -->

CEM guild brah!
Icyglare

Postby GOSCAR » Fri Mar 29, 2013 9:31 pm

Well only one actually knows what they are talking about. The other is quiggy.
One does not play alteil the way they want. -Gon

False Slash- Rom
GOSCAR

Postby fargone » Fri Mar 29, 2013 9:52 pm

Quiggy, while you are busy perusing your thesaurus, I'd like to introduce you to an old but still relevant saying.

It is better to let people think you are a fool, than to open your mouth and prove it.
GonFreeces31 wrote:
fargone wrote:I realise this is completely off topic, but Icy deserves the limelight more than others. Some of whom dominate the forums with their endless posts.

What, I make legit points too...
fargone

Postby Shirozaki » Fri Mar 29, 2013 10:12 pm

Callonia wrote:I was trying out this upgrade thingie and managed to get two successful upgrades.

One of my guard knights went from 7/1/12 to 8/1/13 lolz

How is pintail doing nowadays? I remember I had a lot of fun; she was to low size rushes what Folrart Guardian used to be for Gowen Rushes.
"Abandon all hope, ye who enter here" - Inscription above the gates of Alteil
Romdeau wrote:I don't have much else to say to you other than you live in your own world if you believe I have active enemies around Alteil besides from Demongod.
Shirozaki

Postby Callonia » Sat Mar 30, 2013 3:41 am

Shirozaki wrote:
Callonia wrote:I was trying out this upgrade thingie and managed to get two successful upgrades.

How is pintail doing nowadays? I remember I had a lot of fun; she was to low size rushes what Folrart Guardian used to be for Gowen Rushes.

Prepare yourself..

Pintail didn't get nerfed for doing it's job! Pintail reminds me of tomoyo from clannad.

Unlike usa alteil where they were thinking about nerfing folrart guardian before even considering bringer. lol

I honestly cannot wait to start doing later dungeons cuz i see me a http://sword-girls.info/cards/sanctuary-exploration

My only regret is that it's a spell and not a follower. Dat uniform.
Callonia

Postby Romdeau » Sat Mar 30, 2013 12:08 pm

Never in my entire time working on the testing team for Alteil has Folrart Guardian ever been seriously considered for a nerf.
Romdeau

Postby ForgotPassNotWorking » Sat Mar 30, 2013 1:23 pm

Callonia wrote:
Shirozaki wrote:

Prepare yourself..

Pintail didn't get nerfed for doing it's job! Pintail reminds me of tomoyo from clannad.

Unlike usa alteil where they were thinking about nerfing folrart guardian before even considering bringer. lol

I honestly cannot wait to start doing later dungeons cuz i see me a http://sword-girls.info/cards/sanctuary-exploration

My only regret is that it's a spell and not a follower. Dat uniform.

What do you recommend if i want to play again the game?

I obviously still have some good old cards but not sure how much it's worth to grind and what to grind for. Basically i am a crux knight player too. So you should be able to suggest me some cards. :P
I like Alteil a lot! Alteil is awesome! HAHAHAHA
ForgotPassNotWorking

PreviousNext

Return to General Off Topic