Stop stealth closing ongoing topics.

User suggestions to improve the game

Re: Stop stealth closing ongoing topics.

Postby ForgotPassNotWorking » Mon Apr 08, 2013 11:00 am

Those guys are in the wrong game anyway. They should know alteil is all about spending 2000$ minimum to get all cards.
I like Alteil a lot! Alteil is awesome! HAHAHAHA
ForgotPassNotWorking

Postby Shirozaki » Mon Apr 08, 2013 11:05 am

As I said Tyhja: they don't care about moderating, that applies to both the game as well as the forum.

But going to the chat and PMSing all over the users is apparently the to-go service.
Shirozaki

Postby angelspawns » Mon Apr 08, 2013 11:32 am

They spend all their time and rescources on other stuff non related to costumer service. We have to moderate ourselves for a little bit here and momentairily accept the way things are. There are more important things to discuss concerning Alteil then an outlet of GGG PMSing. (given nobody got banned) I imagine she mightve been under stress, little one keeping them up, whatever.
angelspawns

Postby Shirozaki » Mon Apr 08, 2013 6:01 pm

angelspawns wrote:They spend all their time and rescources on other stuff non related to costumer service. We have to moderate ourselves for a little bit here and momentairily accept the way things are. There are more important things to discuss concerning Alteil then an outlet of GGG PMSing. (given nobody got banned) I imagine she mightve been under stress, little one keeping them up, whatever.

Except:
a) They have NEVER used much resources on customer service, as it has been Logress from day 1. It is the reason we have been moderating ourselves for how long now? It is the reason we got former players (Romdeau and Spears) as moderators, and the reason our good friend threatened with resignation more than once, should situations not change, as much as he'd like to forget he threw that tantrum (more than once).
b) This thread was made in response to closing the thread which discussed Fargone being banned, so it's not exactly "given nobody got banned".
Shirozaki

Postby ForgotPassNotWorking » Mon Apr 08, 2013 7:40 pm

angelspawns wrote:They spend all their time and rescources on other stuff non related to costumer service.

Such as nonsensical bans. :lol:

We have to moderate ourselves for a little bit here

But you just said it yourself: "They spend all their time and rescources on other stuff non related to costumer service." Which is indeed misbehavior through random banning and lack of improvements in the game.

and momentairily accept the way things are.

That's like saying "if someone tells you to eat ****, don't think about it, just do it!". Accept things as they are. :?

There are more important things to discuss concerning Alteil then an outlet of GGG PMSing. (given nobody got banned) I imagine she mightve been under stress, little one keeping them up, whatever.

There were plenty of random bans. Gontard didn't get banned tho.

Why the hell do they even bother to do anything at all? They are doing nothing productive as it is. Why go the extra mile and mess up things even further just to pretend they do something?

Oh and these are questions you should be asking yourself. They are not questions I'm asking you since you're obviously not in the know of what's going on.
I like Alteil a lot! Alteil is awesome! HAHAHAHA
ForgotPassNotWorking

Postby Icyglare » Mon Apr 08, 2013 7:44 pm

You should be banned Pera

- Respect and be courteous to your forum mods and fellow users!
- Only one account per person please.
- No misspelling to circumvent the word filter
- Do not harass other users.
- Do not spam comments and talking points you've already stated.
For a large amount of various Alteil Replays, try youtube link

<-- http://www.youtube.com/AlteilReplays -->

CEM guild brah!
Icyglare

Postby GOSCAR » Mon Apr 08, 2013 8:17 pm

Pretty sure all but 3 people would be banned if they started banning for that.
One does not play alteil the way they want. -Gon

False Slash- Rom
GOSCAR

Postby Logress » Mon Apr 08, 2013 9:36 pm

This is odd. I know for a fact GGG has never locked a topic or banned anyone. Actually she doesn't know how to - so it's technically impossible. She never is even on the forums... so I'm not sure how anyone would even make that connection.

And that screengrab up there was in response to people using racial slurs in front of her. People using racial slurs is super bad news for us and we're basically required by law to have zero tolerance for it and issue a warning immediately, which is pretty much what she's doing there.

Moderation has attracted a magical amount of hate pretty much since day one. At media blasters, I spent a lot of time on the form at first. A LOT of time. It was very, very easy for me to discuss every point with our users and branch off into PM's that would take hours to compose. If I rushed something and misspoke, quotes would be all over so I really had to take my time. While it was quite an education for me and I loved the interaction, I had to face up to the fact that was spending my time on the forum, and not managing the game, not managing my team, not thinking ahead and planning for the game. A lot of missteps during the media blasters years was caused by the forum being a very convenient place to sink my time and make me feel like I was making progress with the game, when I wasn't. Also, after all that the hate level was probably about the same then, as it is now (although since I was active in some level of diffusing it individual hate didn't simmer or build as much, new hate was fast to grow in its place). Although the hate was a little less personal then, I feel. Sometimes it's pretty hard for the Alteil team to stay cool, since we all put 40+ hours of work a week into this game plus take 20-40 additional hours of contract work to keep ourselves in food and housing, plus spend tons of our own money, take risks etc, etc. And we get some pretty personal venom for it, here and in PMs.

BTW, does anyone check out the announcements section on the top of each subforum? it's pretty reliable for keeping up with our progress although we'll probably have a more central dev-blog soon. This is a good one: viewtopic.php?f=27&t=14334
"Scissors are overpowered. Rock is fine." -Paper
Logress

Postby Tyhja » Mon Apr 08, 2013 11:34 pm

This is odd. I know for a fact GGG has never locked a topic or banned anyone. Actually she doesn't know how to - so it's technically impossible. She never is even on the forums... so I'm not sure how anyone would even make that connection.

Apparently FYI, just so we dont go into what you do know and do not know, (because apparently, facts are as far as you know, which, of course means, that it could very well not be a fact, but i digress) I quote from the screengrab that GGG has "access to every account", and has "[no] tolerance" for "such things" as it were, which she goes on to assure everyone there, nothing can be done to her should she choose to act upon her god-like abilities.

Sidenote: I'd like to say thats some real bad handling there. PR fail or what you want to call it. Also she chose to engage the relevant people.... while they are gone. I see how that works.

And that screengrab up there was in response to people using racial slurs in front of her.

Oh? I'm sorry for insulting the race of "noobs" and "fxxx". Perhaps i should be made aware what race that is?
(also on the side note, because i posted the in-battle chat, so "fags" apparently is acceptable, you know, since they are clearly not a race?)

I find that i am at a loss. In fact some of the in game abusers are most well mannered on this forum and on chat, they just choose to be all crazy in game. Perhaps Altiel is telling me something. Maybe if i didnt be nice to all those level 15s i seem to drag into chat, but of course be perfectly civil in chat, the population of altiel might balloon. Obviously a policy i need to keep in mind.

Sometimes it's pretty hard for the Alteil team to stay cool, since we all put 40+ hours of work a week into this game plus take 20-40 additional hours of contract work to keep ourselves in food and housing, plus spend tons of our own money, take risks etc, etc. And we get some pretty personal venom for it, here and in PMs.

As far as I understand you are saying, it is company policy to let off steam by choosing to alienate the current user base. Apparently the only one with stress are you guys, because the other players have no lives too. I see. That explains alot about this companies behaviour towards its userbase and the amount of... "hate" (that was what you call it?) that you seem to _inexplicably_ attract. I wonder why that is. Perhaps its one of those phenomenom that cannot be explained?

I think I have been very civil to everyone i met. So apparently an outburst which of course was NOT due to stress (because players have none and DO NOT WORK) is okay to be met by one willy wagging admin who , under stress (oh! that's excusable now), decides to alienate and threaten the users that are particularly loyal enough to actually turn up. I think i need an explanation what is an acceptable level of "stress" for altiel so i can be acceptable while, you know, making outbursts too. I just hope we are all on the same page here.

Go to hell (alteil approved, read chat log) cancerous (atiel approved TM) fools(is this racial too?) (Come to think of it maybe i should be using fags instead)!

PS: (I just played this player (*** Welcome!! [BattleID:2475628_11] ***) who said this YESTERDAY (my time), the match id was for yesterday ) So I am fully justified.
Also played him (*** Welcome!! [BattleID:2474017_11] ***) yesterday, though different match.
Last edited by Tyhja on Tue Apr 09, 2013 12:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tyhja

Postby GonFreeces31 » Tue Apr 09, 2013 12:06 am

Entertainment factor just went up! It's times like these I used to look forward to a Fargone rant.
The True Hero / Callonia
GonFreeces31

PreviousNext

Return to Safiria's Planning Bureau