General update

Official News and Announcements

Re: General update

Postby MysteryMan » Wed Apr 10, 2013 9:09 am

GonFreeces31 wrote:
MysteryMan wrote:Dev Channel: Q&A Session Noon EST on Sat. The good, bad, ugly, and awesome of Alteil's future.

What's this?

http://chat.apocoplay.com/#/rooms/DevTalk
MysteryMan

Postby MysteryMan » Fri Apr 12, 2013 8:26 pm

It feels good to be back int he saddle and coding again instead of just doing management stuff.

I'm working on the API, something all critical-path projects need to be fully functional.

I'm calling the card API in alpha, shortly to move to Beta

Examples of a paged get card list with filter (Just made this one today)
http://api.apocoplay.com/AlteilService.svc/GetCardPage/Page/1/ItemsPerPage/200/Filter/BaseStats.AT < 20 and BaseStats.AT > 10

http://api.apocoplay.com/AlteilService.svc/GetCardPage/Page/1/ItemsPerPage/200/Filter/Name.StartsWIth(%22Solar%22)

http://api.apocoplay.com/AlteilService.svc/GetCardPage/Page/1/ItemsPerPage/200/Filter/(Skills.Soul != null && Skills.Soul.Comment != null && Skills.Soul.Comment.Contains("Poision")) || Name.Contains("Bringer")

Examples of get specific cards (Fixed memcache issues today so it takes milliseconds instead of half a minute)
http://api.apocoplay.com/AlteilService. ... ardByID/55

What's left before beta:
- Renaming some stuff Logress notices (such as renaming a couple oddly named properties)
- Adding a variant list
- Adding a property that tells you if it's a character, unit, or grim so the user doesn't need to write any logic
- Add DisplayRarity to avoid confusion
- Add order by

Use this to parse the JSON data if you want to read it easily:
http://jsonparser.com/
MysteryMan

Postby shadowsketch » Sat Apr 13, 2013 2:56 pm

I missed the Q&A :(.

I'm just wondering if you still have plans for a live data API and if so, what type of data you plan to have available?
shadowsketch

Postby MysteryMan » Sat Apr 13, 2013 3:09 pm

shadowsketch wrote:I missed the Q&A :(.

I'm just wondering if you still have plans for a live data API and if so, what type of data you plan to have available?

Do you mean battles in progress and the like? That's on the books but won't show up until early next month.

The way it works is that every server has a workflow, or brain... which talks to a communication layer that's connected to the outside world.

The communication layer is not hooked up to the brain yet, which is why real-time information - such as watching a battle, is not supported...YET. We'll probably make use of SignlaR for that, sending real-time updates of game moves in progress - or subscribing to updates such as user x is online.
MysteryMan

Postby shadowsketch » Sat Apr 13, 2013 4:46 pm

MysteryMan wrote:

Do you mean battles in progress and the like? That's on the books but won't show up until early next month.

The way it works is that every server has a workflow, or brain... which talks to a communication layer that's connected to the outside world.

The communication layer is not hooked up to the brain yet, which is why real-time information - such as watching a battle, is not supported...YET. We'll probably make use of SignlaR for that, sending real-time updates of game moves in progress - or subscribing to updates such as user x is online.

I think I'm on the same page as you. I'm talking about battle metrics and stats. So for example I can query the matches today, see how many of them had say Zu used, and how many of those matches were wins and losses.
shadowsketch

Postby MysteryMan » Sat Apr 13, 2013 6:28 pm

shadowsketch wrote:
MysteryMan wrote:

I think I'm on the same page as you. I'm talking about battle metrics and stats. So for example I can query the matches today, see how many of them had say Zu used, and how many of those matches were wins and losses.

I gotcha. Yes, eventually.. but I'm afraid that will not be part of the original suite.

That said, you can make something like this almost instantly.

MysteryMan

Postby MysteryMan » Mon Apr 15, 2013 6:49 pm

Update: None of the Alteil staff were injured by the recent explosions.
MysteryMan

Postby tetron » Mon Apr 15, 2013 8:16 pm

well of course not, alteil staffs are situated in NYC D:
tetron

Postby Khiruki » Mon Apr 15, 2013 8:58 pm

tetron wrote:well of course not, alteil staffs are situated in NYC D:

Apocoplay
One Marina Park Drive
Boston, MA 02210

That's their mailing address.