Add more content: a personal vision

User suggestions to improve the game

Add more content: a personal vision

Postby angelspawns » Sun Apr 14, 2013 8:09 pm

The Dev team will be all focussed on improving visuals and back end of the game. This means nothing will happen till after June where they will launch these new graphics and -easier to work with- engine. (if that's the proper term)
Wether i'm happy with this or not doesn't matter, this is the current state we're in so we'll just have to accept and go with it. Visuals is on their mind... and visuals is what concern me.

I like the 3D effect, but am not fond of the choice of background (or borders). I understand the things involved and as far as background goes it mustn't distract to much.
While i can understand that train of thought i'm afraid they may overlook something else; What does the target audience want to see? This is a fantasy (& anime) based game. There's a rather non-fantasy background of a plain castle now... Are these really the borders and background that should draw the target audience (japanese fantasy loving strategic cardgame nerds)into the game?
May i suggest a more fitting image like a far away battleground? Or an overview on the aftermath of an epic battlefield? Setup in the same colors, apply filters, have a calm foreground with far away scenery. Soothing on the eyes and a far-distant battlefield will not distract from the upclose cardbattle going on. I hope they'll reconsider, because right now there's not much drawing "me" into the game besides a renewed 3D effect.

I also like to share my vision of this game:

- A new player is searching for a free anime based cardgame and finds his way to Alteil.
- He decides to check it out and there's a Lapierre popping up, greeting him "Hello young adventurer!" and suggesting to take the tutorial.
- After the tutorial she greets him on the My Iczer page (where he is logged into the integrated chatroom, also used to recruit for the Mentor program). She gives him his first quest aka. achievement and advices to click the Trial Arena to start his journey.
- He clicks the Trial Arena button.
Trial arena: A small storymode pops up, speaking of helping Orcs that gained intelligence and start to revolt against their oppressor, BKR.
He's given a premade deck of orcs and automatically enters his first NPC battle. Wincondition is something like kill Earth Dragon. After that match he enters the Arena screen. This whole arena will actually be a route to slowly introduce all the basics. May even include altering the orcs file. Think of "You gained a new hero last battle. Add him to your troops by clicking here." in the quest tracker. At the final NPC (BKR) he sort of learned the basics like Rng and SP. He will then see a battle through till the end, wincondition bring BKR to 0LP. When he beats BKR at the end the storymode closes with BKR erasing your memories.

- After the Trial Arena, he is rewarded with an avatar item(orc?) + gran for completing his first quest. Just enough for a beginnerspack.
Lapierre will explain the different ways of obtaining new cards and wishes him luck.

You now have made an elaborate introduction to your game. One can chose to skip the lapierre route and turn it off to start playing right away. Arena buttons & file editor are accesible from MyIczer Page, aswell as the integraded chat for Mentor Program to find his route.

- While searching for a battle in the Arena, a rare NPC battle could pop up. (for MM: redirect the player with a single player NPC battle?) Imagine quality art of PriestOfMadness poping up saying "Ah wondering soul. I will add you to my collection of ghouls." Then an NPC battle ensues with a cemetery background. Or BKR in a forest battleground. Or quality art of Metia poping up, dragging you into a battle with deepsea background.
These NPC battles may provide pointcards upon defeat.

- Normal battles have a background that changes with the time of day. (may sound like alot of work, but colortweaking is nomore then half an hour job)

-

Aaaand i'm wasting to much time on this. Lost interest but this is a cardgame i envision, they have their own. Take from it what you want.
angelspawns

Re: Add more content: a personal vision

Postby gadu » Mon Apr 15, 2013 12:22 am

angelspawns wrote:Lapierre will explain the different ways of obtaining new cards and wishes him luck.

I hope that Lapierre also explains to the new Iczer to never buy anything except fixed card sales unless they are willing to spend their life savings getting what they want through random sales. She should also wish them a miracle rather than luck. Very important lessons for a new iczer.
Abuser Punisher / Callonia
gadu

Postby ForgotPassNotWorking » Mon Apr 15, 2013 4:36 am

TL;DR

there, so you at least get some comments
don't worry about me not paying any attention to it, worry about this being completely ignored and forgotten by the devs :lol:
I like Alteil a lot! Alteil is awesome! HAHAHAHA
ForgotPassNotWorking

Postby WhiteDragon2 » Mon Apr 15, 2013 9:30 am

I was already wondering what kind of ideas you mentioned in chat with MM :) The ideas sound good, too bad we won't be getting any substantial improvement anytime soon though (considering they're working on visuals and the game engine).
"Truly, if there is evil in this world, it lies within the heart of mankind.'
WhiteDragon2

Postby angelspawns » Mon Apr 15, 2013 11:09 am

gadu wrote:I hope that Lapierre also explains to the new Iczer to never buy anything except fixed card sales unless they are willing to spend their life savings getting what they want through random sales. She should also wish them a miracle rather than luck. Very important lessons for a new iczer.

Ofcourse the CpC will also look different, but that's another discussion held to death. Chose your favorite fix or mix:
- Add pointcards to shop purchases, so you atleast can pointcard the card you desire. (packs = 5pt. boxes = 40. etc.)
- Add a grindable FM value to shop products. Offer special -non card- content* to paying players.
- Add a duplicator. Insert desired card + FM/Gran/Pt.Card amount, gain another copy.
- Rent out (Underdog) Cards through FM.
- More achievements. Achievements giving out Pt.Cards. (like the NPC "Boss" battle)
- Automated 5 of 7's. Sets a 3* as price, aswell as 4* for 15 games and up.
- Can chose to re-roll your Lvl up choices once.
- Trading/auction
- ?
* Just ask for ideas. From temporary access to pre-release Sets/Exs till release date, to creating & uploading your own costumized avatar pet/acc/background/etc. w guidelines enclosed of what imagery is acceptable ofcourse.
WhiteDragon2 wrote:I was already wondering what kind of ideas you mentioned in chat with MM :) The ideas sound good, too bad we won't be getting any substantial improvement anytime soon though (considering they're working on visuals and the game engine).

Thanks. These are a small grasp of different ideas though. I may have given MM others. ;) But yeah... nothing will change around these parts till atleast end June, and even then i would be shocked if any player suggestion is considered on their to do list. This is all just something i type out of fun, and perhaps for the daydreamers out there.
angelspawns

Return to Safiria's Planning Bureau