Mentor Program Returns

Ongoing Promotions and Events

Mentor Program Returns

Postby Logress » Fri Apr 26, 2013 1:43 am

Despite not a ton of press (IE posts) or buzz about the mentor program, and not a ton of participants... nearly every new 'student' became a serious player, overshooting the 20 required wins quite handily -- some by several hundred -- and some even reaching a higher level than their mentor by the end of the month. Always a fan of quality over quantity, we're bringing it back.

Some people were confused last time, so here is the short, short version - know a guy whose low level? Teach him. Know a guy who might like Alteil? Introduce him. Wait a few weeks, email me and by then your bud's probably got enough wins to qualify you both for some free stuff.

The details:

If you (as an Alteil player with some experience) decide to mentor a new player OR invite a friend (and mentor them or just let them fend for themselves and hope), you will get 20 Point cards and your student/new user gets 30 Point cards. Prizes are awarded once the student accumulates 20 wins in Crest or Folrart.

Rules:

You can not be both a mentor and a student at the same time - but if you were a student and complete your 20 wins, you may then take on a student/new player of your own.

Students/new users can not be alts of any mentor or any player over level 15.

You can only be a student of one other player, and you can only be a student once.

As a Mentor, you may have as many students/new players as you want, at once.

The Student's/New player's 20 wins in Crest or Folrart must be legitimate. If we have reason to believe that battle is not legitimate, we will not count it. To be safe, assume very short battles don't count, or get a few extra.

The Student/New Player account must have a registration date on or after MARCH 25TH.

To claim your prize EITHER the Student/New Player OR the Mentor needs to email me at logress@apocoplay.com or PM me on the forums after the 20+ wins are accumulated.

If we have reason to beleive you are cheating, you will be removed from the Mentor program and other site events until your account is returned to good standing.

We reserve the right to add additional rules to prevent cheating or exploitation of this system.

This promotion will be in effect until MAY 31ST.
"Scissors are overpowered. Rock is fine." -Paper
Logress

Re: Mentor Program Returns

Postby Scientiafide » Fri Apr 26, 2013 2:20 pm

I think you'd get a lot more participants if you actually incorporated this into the game's programming.

Scientiafide

Postby Romdeau » Sat Apr 27, 2013 12:08 pm

Scientiafide wrote:I think you'd get a lot more participants if you actually incorporated this into the game's programming.

Unfortunately, side projects cannot be the priority for our programmers if we want to re-launch a polished, finished product by June-July. Making a tool for this in the current, non-upgraded Alteil would be a waste of time for them.
Romdeau

Postby Scientiafide » Sat Apr 27, 2013 8:27 pm

Romdeau wrote:
Scientiafide wrote:I think you'd get a lot more participants if you actually incorporated this into the game's programming.

Unfortunately, side projects cannot be the priority for our programmers if we want to re-launch a polished, finished product by June-July. Making a tool for this in the current, non-upgraded Alteil would be a waste of time for them.

I'm not saying implement it right this moment or anything, I'm just giving some feedback. Personally, I don't mind helping the newbies that I encounter during matches or in chat, and I'd love to be a mentor; however, the current mentor system seems like a real hassle to be a part of. Furthermore, why spend time checking emails and manually giving people point cards when you can have a program do that?

Scientiafide

Postby james103 » Fri Jun 07, 2013 8:37 am

Despite not a ton of press (IE posts) or buzz about the mentor program, and not a ton of participants... nearly every new 'student' became a serious player, overshooting the 20 required wins quite handily
envisionwebhosting.com web hosting reviews - envisionwebhosting.com
640-816 640-816
ccent ccent
640-802 640-802
james103

Postby angelspawns » Fri Jun 07, 2013 11:31 am

Thank you my dear Watson. Very observative of you...
angelspawns

Postby Romdeau » Mon Jun 10, 2013 5:51 am

angelspawns wrote:Thank you my dear Watson. Very observative of you...

Very snarky of you, my dear Sherlock.
Romdeau

Postby angelspawns » Mon Jun 10, 2013 11:09 am

With watson in his signature, how could i resist? ;)
angelspawns

Return to Crest Courtyard