Character Leveling

User suggestions to improve the game

Character Leveling

Postby angelspawns » Fri May 10, 2013 4:36 pm

The more often you use a Character, the more you unlock. Basically you level up a (underwhelming) Character as you progress through the game.
Each starterfile will have one "LevelUP" Character aviable to them.

Some examples:

Kurina
Trait "Level UP"
Playing this Unit in matchups will earn it Experience Points.
- 100 Ep: This units StartSkill '??' effects itself.

Safiria.
Trait "Level UP"
Playing this Unit in matchups will earn it Experience Points.
- 150 Ep. This unit gets HP +5.

Trait "Level UP"
- 75 Ep: This unit Rankup requires 1 Less Gowenlvl.
- 200 Ep: This unit unlocks Skill '??'.
- 300 Ep: Whenever this unit attacks, substract -10MHP from a random enemy unit.
Etc.

I'm sure we can all get creative with the Skills and buffs. Lets for a moment asume the testteam can think of "Level UP" Skills that's not over-the-top OPness and in correlation with its cost.
I personally like the feel of progress and working towards a goal. This provides that certain RPG element to the game. It can also bring more incentive to play underwhelming units into something better.

Like or not? (Ps: i know i've suggested something along these lines before, but just thought of throwing it out there again. I'm feeling hopeful after realising another idea was already in the works. xD)
angelspawns

Re: Character Leveling

Postby Icyglare » Fri May 10, 2013 5:49 pm

If there was a single player campaign, that would be kind of cool
For a large amount of various Alteil Replays, try youtube link

<-- http://www.youtube.com/AlteilReplays -->

CEM guild brah!
Icyglare

Postby Aoi » Fri May 10, 2013 8:12 pm

Could be interesting as Icyglare said in a single player mode, possibly for the upcoming story mode. I don't quite like the idea of it for actual playing against others solely because imagine having to fight against fully lved up Oplates, Dions, Allinds, Zus, Ellies, Violet Gen, insert other units, who can only get stronger from this idea, while your a newbie with a low lved kurina.
ImageImage
Aoi

Postby kirk22 » Sat May 11, 2013 1:20 am

Aoi wrote:Could be interesting as Icyglare said in a single player mode, possibly for the upcoming story mode. I don't quite like the idea of it for actual playing against others solely because imagine having to fight against fully lved up Oplates, Dions, Allinds, Zus, Ellies, Violet Gen, insert other units, who can only get stronger from this idea, while your a newbie with a low lved kurina.

...so the exact same way things are now.
ImageImage
kirk22

Postby angelspawns » Sat May 11, 2013 5:29 am

@Aoi:
They should only give the Trait to the bottom Underdog cards. (and some things in the starterfile, like the Characters Kurina and Safiria) Most defenetly not the OP units who are already 2000RP material.
-------------------------

"Lets for a moment asume the testteam can think of "Level UP" Skills that's not over-the-top OPness and in correlation with its cost." But for the fun of it, lets come up with some ideas:

Pucera (Refess)
50Ep: OpenSkill 'Price of Ultimate Evil' also affects opponent Iczer. (both iczers can't set a unitcard next turn)
100Ep: ??

Seria (Lawtia)
25Ep: This unit gains Trait "Revival: This unit uses 0 [SP] when reviving during [Set Phase: Revive]".
50Ep: ActionSkill 'Death without form' sends 1 assassin to your cardfile instead.

Feria (Gowen)
25Ep: Rankup requires 1 less Gowenlvl.
75Ep: Additional Rankup: Spheres of Influence[Gowen]Lv.8[Def+10, Agi+1]

Evangelic Hymn (Falkow)

5Ep: This unit gets +20MHP.
15Ep: ActionSkill 'Pure Hymn' requires 1 less SP. (4SP->3SP)
50Ep: This unit Unlocks Trait "Whenever this unit attacks, engage a random disengaged enemy unit. This unit gets Atk-10, HP+10".
100Ep: This unit Unlocks StartSkill "Engage random enemy unit lvl4 or higher".
As a matter of fact it's better to just errata this card... too much "Level UP" has to be done to make this card playable. >.>
angelspawns

Postby Aoi » Sat May 11, 2013 8:01 am

oh okay
ImageImage
Aoi

Return to Safiria's Planning Bureau