The Harsh Realities of Collecting

Everything that doesn't go anywhere else.

The Harsh Realities of Collecting

Postby Ropey » Sat May 18, 2013 5:50 pm

I just about got all the cherry blossom I want, and it's a relief. If this event was meant to encourage new players then I have my doubts. The environment in the arena seemed cruel even to a seasoned player such as myself. One player told me to **** my EM and another quit after his buncles failed to give the agi rolls he needed in his own file. Was not enough that they were slowing my own troops down. I dearly wanted to quit to some of the lower levs, but I only needed one more mother for a set. With no experimenting it must have been hard for anyone without a near meta file to win. I will be glad to get back to my old ways of throwing matches to those I deem worthy and trying out some new stuff.

Sorry to all those I crushed in my race for just one card. The whole thing has left a bad taste in my mouth.
"My mind is not for rent to any god or government"

ImageImageImage
Ropey

Re: The Harsh Realities of Collecting

Postby kronoCore » Sat May 18, 2013 6:32 pm

20 collector x4 is the cruel number, feels like I need to play all day long all days to get them and because they´re random I may en up with 19 Pink, 25 Blue and 25 White next Sunday.
I understand this is made to have more battles but the task is a bit high and that gives no time to chat (I always did but quited this week), I quit when I know I can´t win (funny after coming from a No quit week theme) and stopped using slow files to maximize the game time.
kronoCore

Postby VertuHonagan » Sat May 18, 2013 10:23 pm

And I'm running a test Goddes Noze file that can't even get set up properly. Its frustrating. :(
Train ninjas and save the world from evil on NinjaManager.com!
VertuHonagan

Postby shadowsketch » Sat May 18, 2013 10:37 pm

There's too few people in Folrart to where either I can't get a game or I'm forced to use OP to compete with the grinders.

Not even 100% treasure battles can help increase numbers :(.
shadowsketch

Postby caeser » Sun May 19, 2013 6:59 am

shadowsketch wrote:Not even 100% treasure battles can help increase numbers :(.

I think its hard to say whether this is an indictment on the game itself. Although there are some of us more "mature" players (out of college/university), I would think a large population is that age or below. In the US, this is a very busy time for that age group. Schools are either wrapping up the year with final exams or school is already out, so many families are hitting the road for vacation. Some universities have just begun their summer sessions as well.

In my case, IRL is pretty crazy right now with work and family/social activities. I don't expect I'll have much time this upcoming week to play or no the weekend for that matter. Many weddings, graduation parties, birthday parties, and trips out of town in the near future.
caeser

Postby GonFreeces31 » Sun May 19, 2013 11:49 am

I think a lot of people went AFK until the promised changes arrive.
The True Hero / Callonia
GonFreeces31

Postby Scientiafide » Sun May 19, 2013 1:18 pm

Alteil's numbers were never good. At most we get about 100 people on at a time. Heh, it's funny, in this other game I play these peops on the forum were saying how bad it is that on it's official release they only got 9k people on at any given time.

Scientiafide

Postby Aoi » Sun May 19, 2013 11:33 pm

I don't know this event's prizes aren't really all that amazing in my opinion, unless your a free player that really wants to have more file slots or something, the grand prize isn't great, and most people really only aim or either velvet or seasonal metia. The only thing I would really grind for in this event are the regular cards to be honest, so that they could be recycled to buy more sakura packs. (They are really great.)

I had a reasonable amount of fun playing around with monsters, deep ones, testing out some new files, and revisiting others this week, while going back to sins whenever my internet becomes too shaky for long battles.

But I have to agree that collection events aren't really good for new players, since alot of people bring out their strongest files.
ImageImage
Aoi

Postby GuilleumeFG » Wed May 22, 2013 1:26 pm

yea but those agi rolls i got since the game STARTED were all against me until turn say 12? i had to quit and turn my pc off just not to break it into million pices over my room... hope i didnt say anything mean to you did i? if so im sorry kisses ;* (i'm not gay dont get your hopes up)

AqvasFire2 wrote: poke yourself in the eye and do some special move!
GuilleumeFG

Return to Alteil General Discussion