WE HAVE A NEW POLL!!!

The Home Of All Official Alteil Related Polls

WE HAVE A NEW POLL!!!

Postby edgarfigaro » Tue Mar 24, 2009 10:15 am

Everyone head to the main site: www.alteil.com if you forgot already; we have a new poll about your cellphone. This information will be used for research so we can bring Alteil to you in new and exciting ways. We can't tell you what or how or any of the specifics, but we can say that the poll is very important. So go, vote! The future of Alteil is in you!
"what on earth did you just say? did someone nerf your keyboard?" ~Spears
I feel that way all the time Spears, all the time.
edgarfigaro

Re: WE HAVE A NEW POLL!!!

Postby ValVolt » Tue Mar 24, 2009 10:35 am

Woo-hoo ! Alteil running on a smart phone means Alteil running properly on an Eee PC screen, hurray !

Vlt.
Support the Johnny Arena project !
ValVolt

Postby lupos » Tue Mar 24, 2009 11:54 am

Exciting as that sounds try and real your expectations back a bit (typo pun intended). Right now it would be nice to have the site and forums load properly on mobile and possible some mobile applications of different sorts. Trying to get the whole game to run on a cell phone would be basically impossible at this point. If they don't have it working in Japan then it's not gonna happen here any time soon.

As for netbooks, https://login.alteil.com should fix any troubles you are having.
lupos
Site Admin

Postby ValVolt » Tue Mar 24, 2009 12:04 pm

lupos wrote:As for netbooks, https://login.alteil.com should fix any troubles you are having.

Well, not quite...

But if the game plays smoothly on an iPhone - which should be possible - that'd already be a nice step forward.

Not so sure investing in a port for smart phones would be... smart. New technologies such as WebKit ( / Androïd) do rather tell that 'wait and see' is a better approach ;)

Vlt.
Support the Johnny Arena project !
ValVolt

Postby aisia » Tue Mar 24, 2009 12:35 pm

Wootbe able to play on bb or iphones for the millitary personel on the move very handy.
aisia

Postby Peralisc2 » Tue Mar 24, 2009 12:44 pm

Because that way they can do push ups while playing alteil? :P
ImageImage
Alteil is pretty much well balanced. Sometimes you loose and sometimes the enemy wins.
Peralisc2

Postby lupos » Tue Mar 24, 2009 1:10 pm

Yea I don't see developing just for one platform, even one as big as the iPhone. Also I intend to get a Palm Pre as soon as it comes out, very curious to see how it handles the site and game. WebOS is very intriguing. The whole phone basically runs on php and html.
lupos
Site Admin

Postby Xuande » Tue Mar 24, 2009 2:08 pm

I'm one of those old fashioned people who can't understand why so many people volunteer for cell phone bills.
Primclone=Broken (now a Lv1 guild!) Don't waste my time pretending you want a fair match. Own up to it so you can get your free RP and I can play someone else.
Xuande

Postby lupos » Tue Mar 24, 2009 4:14 pm

Cause I don't have a house phone. Also When I travel I can tether my BB and get internet access basically any where. At no extra cost. Plus my total cell bill a month is only like 70, and that's unlimited data/texts etc, because I almost never make actual phone calls.

Not for everyone, but for me it's a great deal actually.

ALSO: (copied form other thread)
Lupos wrote:As an update I have done A LOT of poking around and the issue seems to be, as far as I can tell, that the card file system is a separate file (.swf) that is being loaded into the main game file when it is necessary. It seem that the browser is capable of resizing the main .swf file but the flash file is maintaining the original size of the content it loads into it self. Not sure how much can be done about this with out a great deal of work. I shall bring it to the attention of the guys in Japan and see how hard it would be to fix this. In the mean time, keep scrolling. :/
lupos
Site Admin

Postby kyokaze » Tue Mar 24, 2009 4:22 pm

I don't know how to answer the poll because I don't know what a "smart" phone is. Someone care to explain? Or just tell me what a Verizon Razor is :lol:
We may not be the strongest but we shall fight to the end! Let us spread our wings and soar to VICTORY!
~ Twilight Angels ~
kyokaze

Next

Return to Kurina's Poll Room