First sneak peak of set 13

Everything that doesn't go anywhere else.

Postby Logress » Sat May 25, 2013 1:37 am

It’s about time for a real set release. You know, cards that are not EX cards. Remember those? Set 13 is coming I June! Probably near the middle. I nabbed Worthing to put together a little preview in his own words…

Hello everyone, Worthing here from the testing team to show off a few of our cards from set 13. First I would like to say that I think this will be one of the most influential sets alteil has had in a long time and will make many cards from pervious sets even better as well. There are a lot of cool cards and there will be a few other articles to come after this one. But for now let us just focus on 5 individual cards.

First I will start with a pretty unique refess card that is a 3* for a pretty good reason.

http://i.imgur.com/5MR4g63.png

Divine Impact is the name. It is a Grimoire that is level 1 and does 10 damage to 1 random enemy unit and gives you 2sp. This card really helps you out in the early game in refess and can be splashed in many files just like salamander is. It can replace old openings like refugee citizens and unwanted charity so you can now play refugee citizens and divine impact to guarentee you will get 1 more sp while still doing a bit of damage. I think this card will have a good impact on the game.

Now lets take a look at one of our more simple cards from the set in lawtia that is a 1* rarity.

http://i.imgur.com/SV3uBen.png

You might think the same thing I did when I first Shambling corpse: "boring!" He does not have an action/auto/start/open skill but his close skill heals him 20hp. He is a level 4 unit with 60hp and the other stats are pretty standard as well. Well he certainly seems boring at first, but think of all the close/action/open skills in the game that set cards to 0hp and how this guy can be used to tank those hits and still live. He works pretty well with Catira and that one guy who really makes undeads seem undead, you know EX Ancient Zombie lord. I'm sure you can think of some other cards to combo with shambling corpse to make him the best troll card ever. There is another card that goes great with the corpse in this set too and another which will cause some big changes to the game of Alteil. I will be going over that in the coming weeks.

Now I am going to show off one of our 5* cards from the set!

http://i.imgur.com/SZrktwE.png

More pixies! Except this one can be played outside of pixies and is a queen of pixies, Pixy of Fate / Tierie . I really like this card for her counter play open skill. Her open skill will be buffing your low hp units and fully healing them. She also has a nifty skill to get her off the field while buffing a friendly unit (like Heierrat Army) so you can play her for her open skill again and she gives another cool bonus I am sure almost everyone is a fan of. She can be played in a lot of different gowen files and might be pretty good even outside of gowen. Overall the gowen sphere will be getting a pretty good buff this set and should please gowen players.

I think one of the best things about set 13 is that it will give falkow players a lot of cool options and will make a few more wizard kingdom styles appear. We have a number of cool and interesting wizard kingdom units coming out so lets take a look at our 4* card from falkow this set. Oh did I mention the awesome style of art he has also?

http://i.imgur.com/5nDTZJ6.png

We actually have a few wizard kingdom/ sorcerers in this set as well which could help Mage Detective / Daniel out with cards like time stop to get tons of free sp and let your units still attack. He has two skills, a start with a restricted engage and a SP gen skill that works off of the number of engaged units. Basically Daniel is all about solving crime and eating hershey kisses. In fact I heard he found out who Verlatt's father was in the time it took him to eat two hershey kisses once! Cards like eagle soldier also make daniel even more effective because you can make other units faster than him to score more free sp with his special skill to let you gain sp based off the number of engaged units. My favorite part about him is to help you out in the early game vs files like mid refess by engaging miffrye or judie with his skill that will be engaging level 4 or higher characters. One of the other cards in this set will also let Daniel engage cards that are level 3 by increasing their level by 1. Now you may be thinking, well then I can't return it. Well that may be true but against files like carbuncles you can just return the front liner and keep engaging the character units. I am sure you can think of many other ways to make Daniel awesome and set 13 really has synergy with him as well.

After a long and complicated survey we realized everyone likes undeads, multi sphere, and breasts. So we decided to put them all into one card. Arm of Derision / Nephtem

http://i.imgur.com/Ag88x2h.png

Another LV4 card that would go well with files that play EX ancient zombie lord. Her action skill in my opinion is a very balanced pinpoint killing action skill. Something we do not have to much of and is well needed, let's face it we just need more ways to kill owl sage and every carbuncle in existence. Her pinpoint kill also revives an enemy unit, which can be a benefit or a limitation depending on how you set things up. She also has another skill that lets you do area damage to all Solar kingdom, Wizard kingdom, Duchy of Crest, and Mercenary nation units. She can be a mass field wiper or a pinpoint killing machine that likes to revive the enemies sac units like sylph. Speaking of sylph, that wouldn't be a bad idea to play with Nephtem to get her skills off even faster. And with 3 range she can be put in the back so she can still attack and be out of most units reach.

That is all the cards I plan to show off for now but keep checking back to see if any other articles come up for a sneak peak at more set 13 cards!
"Scissors are overpowered. Rock is fine." -Paper
Logress

Re: First sneak peak of set 13

Postby GonFreeces31 » Sat May 25, 2013 2:00 am

Thanks for doing this sneak peak. It helps build up momentum to set release!
The True Hero / Callonia
GonFreeces31

Postby Jazzock » Sat May 25, 2013 3:24 am

dat undead art @_@
Self proclaimed user of weirdness, one of the few crazy people to actually use a pure sorceress file...

Jazzock

Postby Callonia » Sat May 25, 2013 3:31 am

Skipping on set 13, I still hold a grudge on Random number generator of Alteil for Zagar and sun god.
Callonia

Postby Khiruki » Sat May 25, 2013 9:04 am

I'm not sure I'll like this set very much...
Last edited by Khiruki on Sat May 25, 2013 12:58 pm, edited 2 times in total.
ImageImage
Khiruki

Postby Dean » Sat May 25, 2013 12:13 pm

Divine impact look really good, maybe too good, there is no really reason to use recovery powder anymore for SP generation. However I feel lvl 3 refess needed something like that to stand a chance against lvl 3 falkow.

Did you guys tested Divine impact that do 10 dmg to "target" (instead of random) but give you only 1 SP back (or maybe 1to 2 randomly like unwanted charity)?

That way refess can deal with owl opening and don't have a direct power creep in SP gen grimoire.

I guess it's better to give you idea since you are still in testing that after release ;).
Dean

Postby Ethikx » Sat May 25, 2013 1:30 pm

Can we get a brief synopsis of what the story is at? I know it's a number of years in the future, and flavor text of set12 cards hinted at 'loads of bad stuff coming up' and such. Is it some sort of zombie apocalypse? Did Zuggy-poo get upset over something?

Nice article btw, Divine Impact certainly does look like a fun card to go with my Judy/Giant Dragonfly/Burning Sun file
Ethikx

Postby Scientiafide » Sat May 25, 2013 5:16 pm

Yea I'm not sure divine impact is such a good idea as is. Like Dean said it would completely replace recovery powder, and in a lot of cases would completely replace unwanted charity. Not to mention, it'll make the current lvl 1 sp gen (inspiration) even more useless. The grim needs to be tweaked so as not to replace so many cards (also inspiration could use a buff).

Scientiafide

Postby Romdeau » Sat May 25, 2013 6:05 pm

I think the random factor on divine impact will keep it in good balance.
Romdeau

Postby WhiteDragon2 » Sat May 25, 2013 6:39 pm

Dean wrote:Divine impact look really good, maybe too good, there is no really reason to use recovery powder anymore for SP generation.

This.
It's obvious powercreep. I dislike this card already. Too make matters worse it does not only powercreep powder, it makes Inspiration look stupid (instead of giving your enemy 1 sp you get to do 10 damage randomly to one of their units, tough choice which grim to take :roll: ). Please don't release this grimoire as is, either buff the older cards or nerf/change this card before release.
"Truly, if there is evil in this world, it lies within the heart of mankind.'
WhiteDragon2

Next

Return to Alteil General Discussion