What I want as a serious longtime player

User suggestions to improve the game

What I want as a serious longtime player

Postby ChiYoung » Thu May 30, 2013 2:35 pm

SolidJimmy wrote:As a serious player and/or longtime player, you may want to see something like a robust achievement system, Marketplace, alternate gametypes, or the Community tournaments actually coded in. As a first time user coming to the site, you're thinking more in-game like tutorials, better beginner's quest, general introduction, and single player content. As a Game Master, you (I) are (am) thinking, referral rewards, better data collection, automated Events, tools that let you (me) solve individual users problems efficiently (customer support), and being able to change game parameters (presently hardcoded in the flash) for freedom in addressing broader issues (economy, progression, balance).

Let me make this perfectly clear.

I do not want: an achievement system, a marketplace, or an alternate gametype.

I UNDERSTAND THAT THERE ARE REAL REASONS WHY THINGS ARE THE WAY THEY ARE, AND FIXING THEM WILL TAKE TIME, WILL, AND EFFORT. I HAVE NEVER ASKED FOR THESE THINGS, AND WHILE THEY WOULD BE NICE, I FEEL LIKE THERE ARE MUCH MORE SIMPLER, PRESSING MATTERS

I WANT:
-To be able to fricking reconnect after disconnecting.
-For the browser to prompt me for confirmation when i accidentally click close
-For the browser to remember that i turned off that annoying loud muzik, so I don't have to click on the mute button everytime I log on.
-For the chat to work properly (a thread has been created in the bug forum, as of 5/22)
-Any of the open bugs in the bug forum. (I know some bugs have been fixed)

I can 99% guarantee that if you fix just THREE of these problems, the game will be MUCH more enjoyable.

Thank you for all your hard work and effort, btw. I'm going to throw down another wad of money when Set 13 comes out.

Looking forward to the new API,
-CY
When the end comes, and enemies are rushing in from all sides, I will be at your right hand.
ChiYoung

Re: What I want as a serious longtime player

Postby asxlen64 » Thu May 30, 2013 6:13 pm

well as many longtime players, including those who spent money on this game, got fed up with alteil and fled out searching for new games(or decide to live in real life). this game is a "like it as it is/becomes". i understand some of the items you dont like, including the messed up chat and the disconnection failures that pop up too many times, but as i tell everyone THIS IS ALTEIL, it wouldnt be alteil if their wasnt something wrong with it. check out alteil.jp they have TONS of problems there, not to mention they even put on the news what bugs they have fix(which is like 2 or 3 times a week/funness of programming).

Inconclusion, all you can do is work around it, nothing is perfect. only reason i left alteil for a month was cause of that little ???? who was just like to cause problems with other people.
NitroDino : the thing I don't like about blacksun type players is the only thing they want is to win.
Thank mitsu for this sig.
SMILE/IVEY: ふふふ、笑わせるわね。君じゃ、私を雇うなんて100年以上は甘いわヨ
asxlen64

Postby ChiYoung » Sat Jun 01, 2013 1:38 am

Not sure what do say to that.

The whole "accept it as it is" is wrong:

The problem is, Alteil IS a good game. If it were a bad game, I wouldnt' have stayed so long. But the light of it's spirit is marred by imbalance, bugs, and a weak economy. I truly like the game, and I would love to see it prosper.
When the end comes, and enemies are rushing in from all sides, I will be at your right hand.
ChiYoung

Postby Shirozaki » Sat Jun 01, 2013 8:59 pm

Longtime? As in six years?
Shirozaki

Postby asxlen64 » Sat Jun 01, 2013 9:24 pm

Shirozaki wrote:Longtime? As in six years?

alteil.jp turns 9 in july, and usa turns 5 in august? so i dont think that long

ChiYoung wrote:The whole "accept it as it is" is wrong:

i can't argue with you on that, but i cant do nothing about "IT" either. you need one of the red named players if you want something change, and most of them won't um ..... yeah you can find out on that part ^_^
NitroDino : the thing I don't like about blacksun type players is the only thing they want is to win.
Thank mitsu for this sig.
SMILE/IVEY: ふふふ、笑わせるわね。君じゃ、私を雇うなんて100年以上は甘いわヨ
asxlen64

Return to Safiria's Planning Bureau