Been Awhile What's Changed?

Everything that doesn't go anywhere else.

Been Awhile What's Changed?

Postby kawaiido » Thu May 30, 2013 8:22 am

Hello.

I used to play Ateil, but after a series of events I took an extended leave from the game. How have things change?

- Have prices become lower?
- Are we getting more cards per pack?
- Has their been a new balancing team in place?
- Has the player base grown by any significant margin?
- Is Return still a problem for ;a41 ?

Curious to hear what's been done.
Just some blog of mine on games...
Ithaldir talking about pancakes wrote:I guess hatin' on breakfast is what the cool kids are doing now.
kawaiido

Re: Been Awhile What's Changed?

Postby WhiteDragon2 » Thu May 30, 2013 11:38 am

no, no, no, no, yes. Alteil is still the same as it's always been.
"Truly, if there is evil in this world, it lies within the heart of mankind.'
WhiteDragon2

Postby angelspawns » Thu May 30, 2013 12:27 pm

No.

No.
But your cardpool grows abit faster due to more promotions. (seems to be an almost nonstop stream of events 5of7, 100% TB, increased rarity free lotto, etc.)

Partially.
One less Gon, one more Worthing. Basic dogma's still in place which is worrysome.

No.
Yes.

MysteryMan keeps us informed of lots of back-end progress. Total (visual) revamp of the game into a modern 3D skin, coming Junish. Game completely buildup from scratch again on a different game engine(?) API: Changes and addons like Auctionhouse, player event creator, etc. can be made within weeks instead of months.

Come back end of June and ask again.
angelspawns

Postby ChiYoung » Thu May 30, 2013 2:11 pm

kawaiido wrote:Hello.

I used to play Ateil, but after a series of events I took an extended leave from the game. How have things change?

They lie.

Yes, no, i don't know, yes, yes.

One could argue that since there is now a greater amount of sales, the rarity of the lottos have gone up, and the TB rates have been increased, the average price has gone down.

There have been game development, but, I don't know if it's, you know, like, different.

I've been seeing lots more new people in game.

Also, new chat. And join the new community tournaments, they are free point cards every week.

Underdog is broken, though I hope they fix it soon.

I should probably finish my Anti-return guide.

ALSO, also. Welcome back, kawaiido. May your stay be more fun than your previous one, and your parting be on good terms.
When the end comes, and enemies are rushing in from all sides, I will be at your right hand.
ChiYoung

Postby Callonia » Thu May 30, 2013 2:24 pm

There's two changes.

I quit alteil over return spam and RNG over sun god + zagar in last set they refuse to let me have them. so **** rng, I take my money and go home.

Much better to play sword girls online. Bestest part of sword girls online is that there's no logress in charge which means Crux gets what they need to smash faces in.
Callonia

Postby ChiYoung » Thu May 30, 2013 3:15 pm

What are the two changes? You leaving is just one.

Also, will check out SGO, if you give me a referral code?
When the end comes, and enemies are rushing in from all sides, I will be at your right hand.
ChiYoung

Postby WhiteDragon2 » Thu May 30, 2013 4:31 pm

ChiYoung wrote:They lie.

Yes, no, i don't know, yes, yes.

One could argue that since there is now a greater amount of sales, the rarity of the lottos have gone up, and the TB rates have been increased, the average price has gone down.

There have been game development, but, I don't know if it's, you know, like, different.

I've been seeing lots more new people in game.

Also, new chat. And join the new community tournaments, they are free point cards every week.

Underdog is broken, though I hope they fix it soon.

I should probably finish my Anti-return guide.

ALSO, also. Welcome back, kawaiido. May your stay be more fun than your previous one, and your parting be on good terms.

I don't lie, I simply answer with the information I have. Sure there are some decent sales at times, but alteil has had some decent sales in the past aswell (prebuilds, faction packs, lots of rarity up events if you care for them). We are still stuck with extremely high prices for the regular shop items and with no way of buying the cards we want other than buying+recycling hoping we'll eventually get lucky. Additionally every now and then we still see extremely high prices like with the upgrading cards to seasonal versions. Thus one could argue that alteils prices haven't changed significantly.

As for the playerbase I don't have that much data on it as I don't play on a regular basis anymore, however when logging in you see something like 17 people in folrart with 4 active battles while crest is practically deserted. Thus I don't see any evidence for a significant growth in the ammount of players.

Angelspawns summed up the current state of alteil pretty well.
"Truly, if there is evil in this world, it lies within the heart of mankind.'
WhiteDragon2

Postby Anima13 » Thu May 30, 2013 5:34 pm

kawaiido wrote:Hello.

No and yes. The prices haven't changed directly. Yet there has been a huge improvements indirectly (grindability) , due to
a, the end of the -1gran for loss rule for weekly gran
b, regular 5/7, Serials and other events

No. But there has been some interesting sales recently I really liked (100 gran packs)

I don't really care about the personal stuff but more about the "product" of the balance team.
I find since acoplay there has been a huge jump in the usefulness of Ex cards (especially compared to the last few before). Set 12 was one of the most balanced and inspiring releases I have seen for long (though compared to the shock of set11 there only could be an improvement). I am confident in the current testing team much more then in previous times. But balancing takes time and one has to understand that (and also that the priority will be on the new Cards first and that balance evolves and that balance is bound to total cardpool and competetive gameplay /deckdesign ).

old ones have disappeared new ones arrived. Overall rather not. But that may change soon.

I would like not to answer your question, else we start to scream on each other and you know ... the usual stuff. But I have to mention that:
1 Refess recieved in the last sets a huge buff (some of us already saying its too much but oh well the dominance of refess makes also storywise sense :D).
2 There has been a wastly improvement in the quality of design and gameplay of refess decks
3 Refess is probably the most played sphere currently

Anima13

Postby Khiruki » Thu May 30, 2013 6:01 pm

Iunno, I think that they're starting to make packs cost only around 100 gran. That's a pretty significant decrease in price. First regular packs, then 100 gran Sakura packs...
ImageImage
Khiruki

Postby Jazzock » Thu May 30, 2013 7:36 pm

Not base prices, but sale events are getting better (and more often) :lol:

Nope

No idea.

Not really

Grims -> Not as much as before.
Units like Dion/mystere -> yes.
But there's more falkow decks with fewer returns

Anyway, Welcome Back :D

Oh, and Buncles are Meta :lol:
Self proclaimed user of weirdness, one of the few crazy people to actually use a pure sorceress file...

Jazzock

Next

Return to Alteil General Discussion