Worthing's second Set 13 preview

Everything that doesn't go anywhere else.

Worthing's second Set 13 preview

Postby Logress » Sat Jun 01, 2013 7:58 pm

This has been around on the main page, but here's a forum post version of Worthing's new article:

Set 13: 2nd article

Hello again and greetings from the test realm. First I would like to say that everyone appreciates the feedback you give us on these articles (or maybe its just me). Alright so lets just cut to the cards since I promised I would show you something gamebreaking this week.....

Here they are! Four new summoning cards! One for each sphere that all have the same summon condition too!

Folrart Psycho Teleporter
http://i.imgur.com/s4q5ycn.png

Crest Shadowmage
http://i.imgur.com/qeBtp3S.png

Eastern Gear Soldier
http://i.imgur.com/4fAJpb6.png

Young Scholar
http://i.imgur.com/R1Fm8wH.png

So Each card is level 1 with an open skill that allows you to summon 1 unit from your file to a random spot on the field but, the open skill costs 4sp and requires you have 4 in your sphere level. So basically its like getting what you want onto the field a turn sooner and a cool sacrificial unit. Each summoner has a cool skill that goes along with its theme also. I suppose I should also mention that they only summon non character units that are not multi-sphere either and must be exactly level 4. So now that I pretty much told you what they all do I think you should take a look at all the level 4 units on the card list to look at all the possible units you can do because I think the summoners are worth using in many files (volcano giant).

Alright so I am also going to go over another two cards in set 13. One that is very interesting and another that I am personally a fan of. Let's take a look at the interesting card first.

http://i.imgur.com/HSzoWdN.png

The 3* lawtia grimoire from this set, Visions of Horror, has a pretty cool skill and lets you use it early game or as a nice end game grimoire if you plan on having a lot of sphere levels you don't plan to be using anymore, say.... a guy like dalos or zugateroza. But anyway it will drop your sphere levels to 0 and if you have 6 or more spheres you get to send a unit of level 3 or lower to the cemetery. It will also lower your opponents spheres a bit. It has pretty good synergy with another rare card we will be releasing this set in the lawtia sphere as well. But so far my favorite way to use it is by playing Stronghold of chaos to get free spheres. Pretty interesting card overall though right?

I really like this next card for many reasons. First off its gowen and revives for free which I am always a fan of. It also has a pretty cool skill to help you out with a lot of mid level units too.

http://i.imgur.com/nsZF8oR.png

Her name is eastern assassin and yes she is an assassin and can fit with the lawtia assassins pretty well since Tierie, the 5* gowen card I talked about last week, is worth using with assassins as well. So assassins now have a unit that revives for free and can pinpoint and kill level 4 and 5 units with her skill which also kills herself but hey it can be worth it generally. She fits in nicely with a lot of other files that are gowen like mercenary nation or any generic low level gowen file. I think she has potential to be a core card in any gowen file but only time will tell!

That is all the cards I will be going over in this article but next week I will be going over our new tribe/faction that is quite interesting.
"Scissors are overpowered. Rock is fine." -Paper
Logress

Re: Worthing's second Set 13 preview

Postby WhiteDragon2 » Sun Jun 02, 2013 5:49 pm

The summoners could become staple cards considering they can help achieve a better file flow for some mid files (level 1->sp gen ->summoner instead of level 1 ->sp gen -> level 4 allows your level 4 not to be out alone the first turn it's placed on the field and gives faster ss access), and the gowen free revive assassin could be a nice card to help make gowen rushes handle things like mid refess and dilate though it's a bit hard to tell without knowing her stats.

Not really sure about how useful Visions of Horror will be, considering it uses at least 6 sp and drains the opponent of 3+"unknown ammount of sphere levels of opponent" (precise ammount hasn't been stated yet) it seems like it'll likely only be useful as a situational endgame card (late game removals can be strong at times as deathmakers in urgrant/Gaiessoul in augments show). Unless the drain in sphere levels is huge (which would likely make it to strong), it'd likely not be worth using early game. It's supposed to work together with another card that hasn't been shown yet though, maybe it generates lawtia levels back up to 3 reducing the cost of Visions of Horror allowing it to be used early game or something like that.
"Truly, if there is evil in this world, it lies within the heart of mankind.'
WhiteDragon2

Postby ChiYoung » Sun Jun 02, 2013 7:02 pm

Summoning still costs the same amount of SP though, right?
When the end comes, and enemies are rushing in from all sides, I will be at your right hand.
ChiYoung

Postby kirk22 » Sun Jun 02, 2013 8:01 pm

ChiYoung wrote:Summoning still costs the same amount of SP though, right?

yes, you'd need the right sphere lvls and the open skill itself cost 4sp. So it can be disrupted. Rather easily if you can time certain grims correctly.
ImageImage
kirk22

Postby gabotheplaya » Sun Jun 02, 2013 10:07 pm

Looks like lawtia resource manipulation gonna be my staple for a while after release...

As a primarily falkow player, i shed a tear for monk and her career as endgame against lawtia. :(
ImageImage
gabotheplaya

Postby asxlen64 » Mon Jun 03, 2013 3:23 am

those lvl1 special summon sucks even for a1, now the 4* which summons lvl3 is much better to use(2sp openskill/lvl3 unit), fyi you should also mention special summoning only effects non character units that are special summoned.
NitroDino : the thing I don't like about blacksun type players is the only thing they want is to win.
Thank mitsu for this sig.
SMILE/IVEY: ふふふ、笑わせるわね。君じゃ、私を雇うなんて100年以上は甘いわヨ
asxlen64

Postby Anima13 » Mon Jun 03, 2013 4:15 am

I don't belive Special summoning will be equal benefical for all spheres and (assuming it becomes staple in many files with lvl4) it will clearly shift the power to certain types of files.

1 It will clearly shift the power to certain filetypes cause certain rushtypes live due to the momentum they are capable to create and field wipe the opponent and iczer through souls. Summoning could become a tool to prevent this and take away one turn of iczering form these rushes. This is basicaly a "nerf" for them. summoning is also a "nerf" for files designed to drain turns but I think thats not that much of a problem.

2 summoning will not be equal benefical to all spheres because
a, different spheres have different access to sp Generation
b, different spheres get different product for the same sp Investment
c, the product of a and b does not equals out because the Maximum Efficiency of the "in field invested sp" is different for the spheres

In my opinion the winner of this new System will be spheres with standalone and position-independent /ranged Units while the looser of the release are spheres with combo-reliant squishy units.
Anima13

Postby Dean » Mon Jun 03, 2013 11:49 am

If I summon a lightning wyvern for example (with the new summon mechanic) what happen with wyvern open skill?
Dean

Postby NitroDino » Mon Jun 03, 2013 12:32 pm

Dean wrote:If I summon a lightning wyvern for example (with the new summon mechanic) what happen with wyvern open skill?

You can't summon Lightning Wyvern and you would lose the open if you summon a lvl4.
NitroDino

Postby ChiYoung » Mon Jun 03, 2013 1:11 pm

This is a boon to Guardian files though... new opening will be level 2 tank, level 1 summoner, turn three Divine impact.
When the end comes, and enemies are rushing in from all sides, I will be at your right hand.
ChiYoung

Next

Return to Alteil General Discussion