Every other time I want to get into chat.

ATTENTION! Here is where to post BUGS!

Every other time I want to get into chat.

Postby ChiYoung » Wed May 22, 2013 10:41 am

http://imgur.com/PJbnEEJ

FIX PLEASE.

Chat is an important part of alteil and this needs to be fix AS SOON AS POSSIBLE.

I'm not even talking about design flaws in chat, it just plain isn't working.

Looks like a null pointer or call. But what would I know?

I will fricking fix this problem FOR FREE out of my love for alteil, ffs.

Eh, sorry for writing this sounding like a ****. But it's really frustrating to have my experience of alteil hampered by these kinds of technical errors. I know you guys are working hard, and I appreciate it a lot.
When the end comes, and enemies are rushing in from all sides, I will be at your right hand.
ChiYoung

Re: Every other time I want to get into chat.

Postby GonFreeces31 » Wed May 22, 2013 12:18 pm

ChiYoung wrote:it's really frustrating to have my experience of alteil hampered by these kinds of technical errors.
The True Hero / Callonia
GonFreeces31

Postby ChiYoung » Thu May 30, 2013 7:06 pm

Oh look, another chat bug!

http://imgur.com/LllNRFd

This one happens pretty frequently: I click on chat, and it doesn't show anything, even after a long while. If I try to type something, my words don't show up.

Also, for the first bug, I figured out how to reproduce it: Just click on the chat button twice, and it will show that error message.

Logging out doesn't fix things.

Please fix soon ty ty ty
When the end comes, and enemies are rushing in from all sides, I will be at your right hand.
ChiYoung

Postby Jazzock » Fri May 31, 2013 1:42 am

Isn't that the chat lobby where you can choose which room(s) to enter?
I think it's supposed to auto-enter you into the Alteil one when you first open it though...
Self proclaimed user of weirdness, one of the few crazy people to actually use a pure sorceress file...

Jazzock

Postby randomguy00 » Fri May 31, 2013 11:56 pm

For the first error, you have to login into the chat exactly like you would log into Alteil. Yes, it is annoying and shows up a lot.
Jazz is right about the second error, you just have to click the "Alteil" room to get into the main chat.
randomguy00

Postby Shirozaki » Sat Jun 01, 2013 9:03 pm

Jazzock wrote:Isn't that the chat lobby where you can choose which room(s) to enter?
I think it's supposed to auto-enter you into the Alteil one when you first open it though...

Not if you closed it the last time you or someone using your name was in.
Shirozaki

Postby ChiYoung » Mon Jun 03, 2013 12:58 pm

Situation:
Right, so logging in normally works sometimes. Other times, it says "incorrect username or password", even though i'm pretty sure I'm inputting things in right. Might just be me though.

However, sometimes when I click on chat, it doesn't load the log. Even if I'm sure I'm in the Alteil Chat room. If you look closely at the 2nd picture, you'll see attempts at typing, but no pictures show up.

If I log out and in again, sometimes it works correctly, sometimes not. However, when it does succeed, I can see the things I typed in (even though they didn't show up the first time).

http://imgur.com/oHz7Svp

Possible source of problem: Loading of the previous chat might have some kind of null call or point, preventing program from completing all the way though, based on first picture's error call, however, may be completely unrelated.

Recommended course of action: Looking through the chat loading code for possible null pointers.

Hopefully new API solves this. You guys rewrote chat too, right?
ChiYoung

Return to Fellana's Laboratory