(skip for tl;dr)I was playing my daily 1-2 games in folart when i fought a mid-bie a little over lvl 110 experimenting with a file. It was semi-competitive but he opened weak and couldn't follow though. Needless to say, i carried that advantage all the way for a relatively easy win. He was raging about how bad that file performs and how its going to be deleted right after our match, even though it wasn't bad per-se just opened "wrong" for its pace. It gave me absolutely no pleasure to defeat him, but i couldn't just go around handing out wins because this game doesn't reward losses. It just felt so wrong that i crushed his high hopes for his newly made file; while i was exactly the same during those times.I was the bad guy in this situation, pounding on the hopes of a player no different than me. The abused, became the abuser. It felt so wrong.The suggestion:
Turn me into the REAL bad guy. Don't let me be an abuser, turn me into an enemy. An ominous figure that people would rally to fight. A goal. A rival. (a good reason to sink money and time to defeat?)The mechanics:
1) GMs choose highbies to be part of this mysterious program based on their reasonably high level/win rate/RP/being named gabotheplaya even though he doesn't fill those requirements. Then send them an ominous invite to the "dark side". Sample below:
2) Give them the terms and conditions of being part of the "dark brotherhood"/"secret club"/"Batora United Termination Team" (lol B.U.T.T.)
3) Terms are as follows (to be edited later when good ideas come up):
- Should you accept, you will be given a "special button" what will convert you into a "Batora minion". Altenatively a username and passoword to a Batora account with Batora cards and such or just every card available. (following even turn skips rule optional)
- Going into Batora Minion Mode will give you special duel conditions that give corresponding TBs, possibly related to the opponent's level. (lvl 1-15 = 4*, 16-50 = 3*, 51-100 = 2*-3*, 100+ = 2*)
- Name and avatar must change accordingly
- You must "roleplay" a Batora Minion in chat. scripted spiel would work, but normal banter would be good to adjust to situations and give a more "personal enemy" feel
- Batora Minions MUST PLAY TO WIN losses will decrease the main account's weekly gran by 5 and deduct a point from their deservingness of being a Batora Minion
- Losing must be dramatic and give the player all the bells and whistles for defeating a highbie during a TB
- Winning must be evil yet respectful and gives the user the same +2 gran for the week
4) GMs (mostly Rom) should review Batora Minion performance and evict ineffective minions. Alternatively, this could be a "virus" or "who'se the killer" style where it passes the invitation among a qualified player pool. SECRECY IS A MUST!
5) GMs must post "Batora Statuses" in the front page to add effect. alternatively make this an "urban legend" sort of thing, but it might be ineffective.
6) Make this a possible test bed for new cards to show off early peaks (only works if the text cutting on card previews is fixed)Payoff:
1. Lowbies/mid-bies have something to strive for and have a common enemy
2. it could inspire a lot of activity
3. It "mixes things up" in the daily folart grind
4. Lots of opportunities to make interesting matchups happen
5. its a test bed!
6. it removes the guilt from highbies beating lowbies trying to spread their wings
7. gratification for defeating a big baddie. might work even better for a "batora defeats to date" record
I'll be editing this based on comments and suggestions.
If this launches, might be better to delete this thread for secrecy. See you on the dark side!