WE HAVE A NEW POLL!!!

The Home Of All Official Alteil Related Polls

Re: WE HAVE A NEW POLL!!!

Postby Peralisc2 » Tue Mar 24, 2009 4:26 pm

It probably means that if you bought a cheap phone 2 years ago you are old fashioned and own a dumb phone.
ImageImage
Alteil is pretty much well balanced. Sometimes you loose and sometimes the enemy wins.
Peralisc2

Postby lupos » Tue Mar 24, 2009 4:33 pm

kyokaze wrote:I don't know how to answer the poll because I don't know what a "smart" phone is. Someone care to explain? Or just tell me what a Verizon Razor is :lol:

Smart phone is basically anything specifically meant to be more than a normal cell phone. All cell phones now a days can play games and have basic calendars and such and web browsing, but its very minimal. Smartphones started off has kind of PDA-cell phone hybrids like the treo and windows mobile phones. Now we have things like the iPhone that aren't specifically business oriented but are way more advanced in capability than a normal cell.

If you have a razor,you do not have a smart phone.
lupos
Site Admin

Postby kyokaze » Tue Mar 24, 2009 4:39 pm

Ah I see.
We may not be the strongest but we shall fight to the end! Let us spread our wings and soar to VICTORY!
~ Twilight Angels ~
kyokaze

Postby Phenoca » Tue Mar 24, 2009 4:47 pm

No phones FTW!!
The only good phone... Is a phone that let's you treasure battles against yourself.

Also... It would take too long to redownload the GFX package every time you played.
flood + Pakistan = hunger
Phenoca

Postby Xuande » Tue Mar 24, 2009 5:24 pm

lupos wrote:Cause I don't have a house phone. Also When I travel I can tether my BB and get internet access basically any where. At no extra cost. Plus my total cell bill a month is only like 70, and that's unlimited data/texts etc, because I almost never make actual phone calls.

Not for everyone, but for me it's a great deal actually.

My current arrangement is getting home phone service essentially for $10/month, bundled with my internet service that I'm going to pay for regardless anyway (and is the best offered in my area). I don't really use the phone much, so that works for me.
Primclone=Broken (now a Lv1 guild!) Don't waste my time pretending you want a fair match. Own up to it so you can get your free RP and I can play someone else.
Xuande

Postby Romdeau » Tue Mar 24, 2009 9:27 pm

I don't like this idea much and would prefer Alteil devote it's resources elsewhere....what do I select for that?

[ed. note: Fixed spelling mistake.
Romdeau

Postby frequency » Wed Mar 25, 2009 5:09 pm

actually they didnt say anything about making it run on a phone. i think the reason for the poll is to create a sms payment option. which is way more realistic. that and i was thinking about suggesting sms payment before this "poll" came out.

if this is the case, then yes pls allow sms payment.
frequency

Postby little0830 » Thu Mar 26, 2009 1:57 am

Yes!!!!! I have been trying to figure out how to get alteil running on my blackberry for ever!!! The best thing I have right now is a VNC program to my desktop lol... sad I know but it somewhat works for now. As someone mentioned earlier its true, as a member of the armed services I need to have stuff on the go. While you could just play with a laptop you look stupid walking down to the PX for smokes with a laptop where as a blackberry isn't so bad :p. I would vote YES and hopefully sometime soon :D. It shouldn't be that hard and you could always just have the thing be Java and load all the graphics once and cache them, its not like you can hack graphics lol.
little0830

Postby Harion » Fri Apr 03, 2009 5:12 pm

play alteil on ipod touch?
yes!

play alteil over the phone using "dumb phones" or landlines
as oppossed to "smartphones"
with both you and your opponent making moves
via talking

me: i see your dagon and raise your bs
opponent: i'll re-raise with aegis!
me: call!
opponent: haha, you matched my aegis and called my bs, how dumb are you?
me: here i have 3 cyclones and 3 returns
opponent: f u
My goal is not to win, but to have fun.
But since winning is fun, I can't help but to make winning my goal.
--
Bear killing axe-man was meant to be what it's name suggests - a killer unit. Sadly, there were no bears to kill in Alteil.
Harion

Postby Peaches » Mon Apr 20, 2009 5:37 pm

I'm posting this from a nintendo DSi browser. **** smartphones, get on the DSi train!
Little leaf, green leaf
Gather light to you.
Little root, deep root
Bind the earth to you.
Mind the trunk that holds you high!
Mind the branches long and proud!
So strong stands the forest.
Peaches

PreviousNext

Return to Kurina's Poll Room