Set 13- Tactics Discussion

Strategies and Card File Construction

Set 13- Tactics Discussion

Postby Khiruki » Fri Jun 21, 2013 11:32 am

So some new stuff Set 13 brings:

-Mechanical Bat- Shade-proof lvl 1 open for Falkow, allows for a T2 lvl 3.
-Halmira- Attack immunity for Mercenary Nation, nice counter skill.
-Daniel- Play more Gowen/Lawtia and wipe his smug face from Folrart. Irritating engages, generates a max of 3 SP a turn.
-Lamia-Lots of level manipulation. She's cute.
-Rozly- Interesting LP milling.
-Myuland- 2SP removal when focused. Non-target though, but that can get annoying.
-Verlaat- Lots of stuff going on with him. Messes with time of day.
-Leicester- Normal attack hits multiple units, though will never kill. Has high attack. Start skill snipes Owl Sage.

-Folrart Psycho Teleporter/Crest Shadowmage/Eastern Gear Soldier/Young Scholar- Allows to skip a set phase to drop a lvl 4. As units, Eastern Gear Soldier is a decent tank as far as lvl 1 units go.

Feel free to drop other notes. I didn't fully look at the grimoires yet.
ImageImage
Khiruki

Re: Set 13- Tactics Discussion

Postby shadowsketch » Fri Jun 21, 2013 2:32 pm

Here's what struck out to me:

Knight of the Church - No level restriction recursion. I know, can be returned, but seems abusable.
Eastern Blade Master - I just like the SS, it's weird, I got some tricks for it.
Toad Shaman - Cool grim-creature.
Regus Aeromancer - I thought Aegis was nerfed, here she is again and as a start skill. The ATK swap is not OP, the AGI swap is OP.
Firespawn Merman - He even has similar art to Flametongue Kavu. Strong open, strong, fast unit, even has double attack.
shadowsketch

Postby Dean » Fri Jun 21, 2013 2:43 pm

-Rozly look very good and might bring turn 2 panther soul back!

-Myuland look very broken: lvl 2 with 50 hp, and range 2 (so not easy to kill) send random unit to the cemetery for 2 SP. completely own mid and high lvl deck and even good vs lvl 3. focus condition is ridiculous with prayer for safety and Ex pixy. They should remove the focus condition and force him to kill a friendly unit before using is removal trick.

-Neglected Soul grim will probably be a staple card in lvl 2 lycan deck.

-New Yug make mid lvl duchy playable but since its a rarity 4 we won't see him for a while.

-Final Traveler / Arius : very interesting card that can wipe your opponent field but that take 2-3 turn to set up. (Myuland condition should be like that).

-Purging Flame grim : basically completely wipe your opponent field for 5 sp if all his unit have hp of 40 and lower. Will compete with ball of flame for card space.

-Compass of Deception grim : this + time stop + Dio + Dan + Antilla if you like good lame deck

-Firespawn Merman free pinpoint 20 dmg opening sill with agi 5 and 40 atck. A really solid unit. My favorite 1 star rarity of this set.

-Lion Greatsword Wielder : New Toromea buddy.
Last edited by Dean on Fri Jun 21, 2013 2:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dean

Postby Icyman2 » Fri Jun 21, 2013 2:48 pm

i'll release a cheat guide later, maybe
Icyman2

Postby angelspawns » Fri Jun 21, 2013 7:07 pm

Dean wrote:-Rozly look very good and might bring turn 2 panther soul back!
Or heierat horsemen. (it's a merc nation)
-Myuland look very broken: lvl 2 with 50 hp, and range 2 (so not easy to kill) send random unit to the cemetery for 2 SP. completely own mid and high lvl deck and even good vs lvl 3. focus condition is ridiculous with prayer for safety and Ex pixy. They should remove the focus condition and force him to kill a friendly unit before using is removal trick.
Inside got a new buddy and it's lvl2. Lets hope it'll be neglected like Inside is... :roll:
angelspawns

Postby Aoi » Fri Jun 21, 2013 8:22 pm

lol been using Rozly-Herriat horseman since i got Rozly, its pretty fun.

Also Herriat Rapidshot Gunner is a worthy unit to mention. 50 dmg to target unit in rng for 1 sp. His agl is 4 and rng is 3 and he is a lv 2. Its really strong, put him behind a Mercenary Fencer and you have a 5 agl killing machine, granted that you have the sp to spam his skill.
ImageImage
Aoi

Postby angelspawns » Fri Jun 21, 2013 9:15 pm

Overall this Set release looks less pleasing to me compared to Set12. It feels like lesser thought went into the lower rarities. Reason being more of them had 1 simple (unimaginative) skill attached + the SS. Ofcourse there are still things like summoners etc. but i was abit disappointed.
On the other side you have higher rarities that can go from weaksauce to pretty scary combo's/skills.

One thing i personally frowned upon was Great Missionary / Osray*. https://alteil-login.apocoplay.com/card ... hp?id=1874
Agi2 unit with AUTOskill: "All friendly Agi3 units get Agi+1 and Atk+10".

A (very specific) buffer that buffs afterwards is a deliberate attempt to make it worse.
I defenetly don't underestimate the meaning of +1Agi. Going from agi3->4 is really nice and i really want to use it. But i'm having trouble justifying him for what he's currently made into. Why is this effect an auto instead of startskill?

- It's not ExLap for Agi3s, because the buff DOESN'T KEEP STACKING. You turn an Agi3 into Agi4 and it stops.
We have a unit that gives an one-time perma buff to just the Agi3 unit(s) you put in a file.
- The Start -disengage friendly to engage oppopnent- means it functions basically as ForestOfHate... that lacks selfengaging monsters. And i mean EXACTLY as if you'd play ForestOfHate without the monsters Rhino and Gorilla.

If any of the Alteil Devs could share their opinion, i would apreciate it. :)

*You have to excuse my selective reading for TGC's. I happened to pull it from a pack and since it's TGC i do read it with the intention to utilize it.
Last edited by angelspawns on Fri Jun 21, 2013 9:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
angelspawns

Postby tropireno » Fri Jun 21, 2013 9:28 pm

Anyone else think Purging Flame seems ridiculously OP? Other than that, it seems like a cool set.

All of the spheres now have a few more options, which is always a good thing.

One thing though is that you have to rely on chance to make Divine Impact work. Don't get why it targets randomly if it was made to counter Owl Sage.
tropireno

Postby Aoi » Fri Jun 21, 2013 9:38 pm

The thing about Great Missionary/ Osray is that your probably not gonna be playing him for his auto, you will most likely want him fielded for his start skill which counters engages, or forces them to target him. JJsaurus has put that start skill into use in one of his files, its a bit cheesy but its something I myself did not think of. He used Osray + Enormous frog which lets him basically get 2 free start skill engages off if the rolls don't fudge up. Even then once you think about it, he starts making self engageing ss more worthwhile like that new ss that engages a unit for 3 turns and gives them 30 def. Osray can disengage them and make them usable earlier.

Somebody should go try out the barbarians not really seeing them around...
ImageImage
Aoi

Postby angelspawns » Fri Jun 21, 2013 10:27 pm

It's like i said: exactly like playing ForestOfHate for his disengage feature.

If another monster gets engaged then Forest disengages it. Outside Gorilla/Rhino combo's the whole 'disengage friendly' for a startskill is a gimmick. A bonus 'in case of Rasam' and the like. To play it solely for that start you have to dig really deep into the possibilities... like going for agirolls with Frog. (i do like the creativity in that!) I didn't come further then casting those engage grims that also engage your own.

If it's the argument that should convince me it's a good unit to use I'd rather pick something else.

What really grinds my gears is they make a buffer and then let it cast its buff afterwards. That's done deliberatly.
Now ask yourself what it is that this buffer has to cast its buff afterwards on its units.
Let me give you a hint: There's been inside talk of nerfing Gravan aswell. Now that has nothing to do with all the Gravans powercreeping Folrart, but everything with personal preferences and dislike of certain playstyle and subtypes.
angelspawns

Next

Return to Annarose's Sanctum