Let's analyze what each Sphere gets from set 13

Everything that doesn't go anywhere else.

Let's analyze what each Sphere gets from set 13

Postby cheongzewei » Sat Jun 22, 2013 2:53 pm

Let's begin. I won't comment on the lv 4 special summoners. But I'll just post numbers. Also, I won't deal with souls.

refress: 13 lv 4 unit cards (griffin and church paladin opens) = 11
Lawtia: 15 lv 4 unit cards (Night Wing Wyvern, Nightmare Given Form) = 13
Gowen: 16 lv 4 units (Fire Storm Wyvern, Gaia Anaconda, Heierrat Flame Magician, Mage Knight Mercenary ) = 10
Falkrow: 11 lv 4 units (Roc, Ocean Wyvern, Not adding Sea Wyvern) = 9

Refress
Code: Select all
5*
A lv 3 card at agility 3 that does 20 dmg to your own unit (guardian) and does 40 max hp dmg and 20 dmg

However, he is agility 3 and thus, automatically fails to eskatia but he has a revive engage.
Remember that level 3 solar kingdom is not playable so think of his usefulness in a mid refress

4*
a lv 3 guy with a massive 70 attack, and 2 agility. He can't kill anyone, but if he remains alive, you can kill 1 with his start skill.

60 hp is pretty useful. however, agility 2 means you'll still have a hard time.
Will be an instant lose against undeads.
Is actually quite solid. except it's a lv 3, which means it's terrible. Level 4 def support cards are rare. Might work if placed with guardian or something.

3*
Divine impact is a 3star card made to deter shades, and deter shades only. It's the turn 2 Recovery powder replaced
A card that helps refress to start without hindrance. So all in all, a good thing. Utterly useless after turn 2 though

Final Traveler / Arius
Utterly useless. Complete and utter trash. Might have been useful if it's a lv 4 with better stats. As it is, useless.

Guardian Captain / Darias
Useless. Guardian is better. Enough said. (if you want to counter this, say when would this card be better then guardian, or even Aivault)

2*
Folrart Tower Shield Soldier
a 4 SP tank investment. 30 def is huge. No lp loss on death. Mixed feelings on this one

Folrart Psycho Shield Soldier
useless. Would be useful if it was level 2 with no attack.

Lion Greatsword Wielder
Actually useful. 1 SP slash is great, refress finally has one. Additional damage is great to clear off support.

Forced Conversion
I have no clue. Probably is useful

1*
Church Nun
GOD DAMN Amazing.  Return two random Refess cards of level 6 or below from your Cemetery to your File for 1 SP. holy hell!

Knight of the Church
Amazing. It's like EX: 2nd Shrine Leader / Shathia, only with 1 SP and no pinpoint! 10 def means it won't die to the magic number 40 dmg. Good job on this card.

Light of the True God
Useless. Keeper of Grace / Lucia is better, though riskier, but better.

Genuinly useful: 3 (divine impact, lion greatsword wielder, church nun)
Situationally useful: 3 (Knight of the church, forced conversion, Traitor to God / Leicester + bopors)

Rendered useless due to Def stacking (So many ways to deal with def now): 1 (tower shield soldier)

Mostly useless: 1 (Verlaat)

Utterly useless: 4

-----
To be edited
--
Lawtia
Code: Select all
5*
Grand Duke / Myuland
2 sp insta to cem!
50 HP on a level 2 card! (refress max is 45 hp on a level 2)

Situationally useful

4*
General of Crest / Yug
A solid all around card, WITH A GOD DAMN MAX HP BUFFER AND HEALING WITH NO LIMIT?
THE F***?
Dutchy of Crest, The new Solar Kingdom. Yug, the new and improved Ex: lapierre

Holy useful

3*
Keeper of Filth / Garyis
Lololol, undead
Lololololololollol... lv 3 hate. (ah, but I hear something? It hits your own units, you say...)
lololol [b]Vision of Horror[/b], reduce opponent sphere levels by 2, and your own to 0

lolol Stronghold of Chaos
Lolol Miricle fruit.

I'm calling it. Undead, New Meta.

+2 Holy useful

Combat Ogre / Gandar
60 hp, 60 att at price of 1 unit death

Chalking it to situationally useful.

2*
Crest Agent
Eh....... Moderate

Horseman of Pain
Situationally useful

Neglected Soul
I honestly have no idea.. :S But I see it as a very fun anti Magic doll defective

1*
Magic Doll -Adjutant-
Yay another cute magic doll card! And is actually useful as well!

Shambling Corpse
Useful

Toad Shaman
Shade's a better open. A new card to counter KP + Divine impact open. I'll place it in useful for the pure reason of different opens.

Dark Revelation
Very situational use. an undead counter, and a very cheap Kill OP Dilate card.

(un)Holy useful: 3
Useful: 3
Situational useful:4
Moderate: 1
Who knows?:1 (neglected soul)

Lawtia sure got a very great deal this set. I'm happy for you guys. Really.

Gowen
5*

4*

3*

2*

1*

Falkrow
5*

4*

3*

2*

1*

I can't do multisphere
Last edited by cheongzewei on Sun Jun 23, 2013 8:52 am, edited 2 times in total.
Perfect 9
ImageImage
cheongzewei

Re: Let's analyze what each Sphere gets from set 13

Postby Callonia » Sat Jun 22, 2013 5:10 pm

Verlaat's morning auto isn't limited by range. In fact, I think set 13 verlaat is stronger than set 12's verlaat or was it 11? Haven't dueled in months.
Callonia

Postby Jazzock » Sat Jun 22, 2013 8:25 pm

cheongzewei wrote:5*
A lv 3 card at agility 3 that does 20 dmg to your own unit (guardian) and does 40 max hp dmg and 20 dmg

However, he is agility 3 and thus, automatically fails to eskatia but he has a revive engage.
Remember that level 3 solar kingdom is not playable so think of his usefulness in a mid refress
level 3 solar kingdom not playable? wut.

4*
a lv 3 guy with a massive 70 attack, and 2 agility. He can't kill anyone, but if he remains alive, you can kill 1 with his start skill.

60 hp is pretty useful. however, agility 2 means you'll still have a hard time.
Will be an instant lose against undeads.
Is actually quite solid. except it's a lv 3, which means it's terrible. Level 4 def support cards are rare. Might work if placed with guardian or something.
Use bopors. he hits agi4 then. Also, he snipes owl sage as a start skill. And "level 3 being crap" bias is silly, I've lost loads of games vs lvl 3 refess files with falkow return spam.

3*
Divine impact is a 3star card made to deter shades, and deter shades only. It's the turn 2 Recovery powder replaced
A card that helps refress to start without hindrance. So all in all, a good thing. Utterly useless after turn 2 though
So...Level 1 SP gen "filler" that will allow you to get enough sp to fight (and beat) any form of falkow return spam?

Final Traveler / Arius
Utterly useless. Complete and utter trash. Might have been useful if it's a lv 4 with better stats. As it is, useless.
He's scary, one of my kill on sight cards because if he gets set up...I'm going to get fieldwiped.

Guardian Captain / Darias
Useless. Guardian is better. Enough said. (if you want to counter this, say when would this card be better then guardian, or even Aivault)
Of course guardian is better, guardian is arguably one of the most OP lvl 4 cards in the game (nowhere near as OP as dilate, but still)

2*
Folrart Tower Shield Soldier
a 4 SP tank investment. 30 def is huge. No lp loss on death. Mixed feelings on this one
He does the job.

useless. Would be useful if it was level 2 with no attack.
You do know it has lvl 5 stats right...? Also have you seen my file that uses it to get tower shield and vet pally to 50 and 30 DF respectively?

Lion Greatsword Wielder
Actually useful. 1 SP slash is great, refress finally has one. Additional damage is great to clear off support.
Technically Mammoth and 'Zerker have free slashes...Zerker even has ATx2! (like dilate) shame on the condition being so hard to get though

Forced Conversion
I have no clue. Probably is useful

1*
Church Nun
GOD DAMN Amazing. Return two random Refess cards of level 6 or below from your Cemetery to your File for 1 SP. holy hell!

Knight of the Church
Amazing. It's like EX: 2nd Shrine Leader / Shathia, only with 1 SP and no pinpoint! 10 def means it won't die to the magic number 40 dmg. Good job on this card.

Light of the True God
Except this doesn't require 3 random gowen levels, and is still otherwise free.
Self proclaimed user of weirdness, one of the few crazy people to actually use a pure sorceress file...

Jazzock

Postby Icyglare » Sat Jun 22, 2013 8:43 pm

A third topic of Set13 with some... garbage predictions. All Hail Vol Agni is OP topic
For a large amount of various Alteil Replays, try youtube link

<-- http://www.youtube.com/AlteilReplays -->

CEM guild brah!
Icyglare

Postby cheongzewei » Sun Jun 23, 2013 8:25 am

What is with this Vol agni?

I mean, it sure looks kinda meh. Even has agility 3 instead of 4. Dandan is much better.

Jaz, lv3 solar kingdom is not playable.
The only reason you think so is because you have Kaldro, (ex.... exxxxxxxx) and Aliria (which really helps Solar a lot, actually allowing it to win against players whom misplay stuff)

Didn't notice bopors at all, you have a point here.

I've lost loads of games vs lvl 3 refess files with falkow return spam.

I don't believe you on this. Elite Fencer of Regus & return takes care of agility 4 solar. ex wiz soldier > Urgrant or even level 2 spam + that strategist guy kills level 3 solar.

Divine impact
- Only gets sp if opponent has lv 2 or lower on field.
- Insufficient SP has never been the main issue with Return. It's the removal of synergy.

Final Traveler / Arius
He's scary, one of my kill on sight cards because if he gets set up...I'm going to get fieldwiped.

You're trolling me now, seriously. This guy at 40 hp is so useless.....
an undine will defeat him.

You do know it has lvl 5 stats right...? Also have you seen my file that uses it to get tower shield and vet pally to 50 and 30 DF respectively?

Nope. but in the situation where you played her, if, you instead played judie, which would have won you the game faster?

Light of the True God
Except this doesn't require 3 random gowen levels, and is still otherwise free.

It's a grimore, which means flip coins, and 100% lose to Sakura, bringer, other open skill dmg cards.

Sure lucia requires 3 gowen, but when you want to make sure your units live, lucia is how you do it. It's free to... when it dies.

Edit: Lawtia's up

edit 2: I still say Exiled Swordsman / Gregory is OP. Only reason I'm not playing Merc kingdom is because I don't have that blind guy and his soul of 40 dmg to 3 units.
Perfect 9
ImageImage
cheongzewei

Postby Jazzock » Sun Jun 23, 2013 8:59 am

cheongzewei wrote:Jaz, lv3 solar kingdom is not playable.
The only reason you think so is because you have Kaldro, (ex.... exxxxxxxx) and Aliria (which really helps Solar a lot, actually allowing it to win against players whom misplay stuff)

I've never used Aliria. Also, Kald is part of the HKL prebuilt. As for removal of synergy... yes, that is what return does, it also doesn't matter if you replace it with something equally powerful (in which case you need SP to outspam), for example double playing sunlight knight or folrart captain really screws over falkow. Are there even any good AGI 4 lv3 solar kingdom units outside of shrine knights? I don't really want to have another argument about return here, so... I'm just going to drop the subject. :lol:

As for impact only hitting level 1-2 units...that's arguably a good thing, sniping opponent cannon fodder (like owls, or sallies).

As for Psychoshield vs Judie, since I pack both in my file it depends on the situation. Sometimes it's better to play Judie, othertimes it's better to bring out psychoshield and stall until I can get a powerful field, whereas Judie would do thing's like activate enemy soul skills.

Lucia/Light thing, yeah if you want ur units to live, if you just want mass heal (like in the case of priests) the grim might be better. Or you know...Garfath lol.

As for Arius being 40hp, guess who else is -> Lapierre (all of them 40hp or lower), Justice (a front line unit), half the shrine knights, sunlight knight.
You do know that once he unlocks the 2nd action skill, it stays unlocked even after revive. And prayer for safety makes him unlock it on his first turn. that, and it's rangeless. He's niche -> yes, situational -> fairly, "Utterly useless" -> unlikely.
Self proclaimed user of weirdness, one of the few crazy people to actually use a pure sorceress file...

Jazzock

Postby Ropey » Sun Jun 23, 2013 6:03 pm

cheongzewei wrote:What is with this Vol agni

Could the gentlemen be referring to Vols Soul Skill? Could he be actually predicting as others have that we will soon see a rise in multi sphered files?
"My mind is not for rent to any god or government"

ImageImageImage
Ropey

Postby Icyglare » Sun Jun 23, 2013 10:20 pm

No No No, when the Set with Vol Agni was release, the amount of OP Vol Agni posts were everywhere and you know why? Nobody played him yet.
For a large amount of various Alteil Replays, try youtube link

<-- http://www.youtube.com/AlteilReplays -->

CEM guild brah!
Icyglare

Postby cheongzewei » Mon Jun 24, 2013 2:25 am

Do [damage: 40] to one random enemy unit. Decrease all of Rival Iczer's Sphere levels by 1.

It's a good skill. But I don't see it as a game changer at all. It's even random 40

You didn't see me there complaining :P

Really though, why were people complaining bout it when Fierte exist? oh well.
Perfect 9
ImageImage
cheongzewei

Postby Romdeau » Mon Jun 24, 2013 9:09 am

Icy's right, the number of "Wow, Vol Agni OP wtf designers?" posts that were made on his release was actually not a small number.
Romdeau

Next

Return to Alteil General Discussion