New Main Page Discussion

Everything that doesn't go anywhere else.

Re: New Main Page Discussion

Postby wakka9ca » Thu Jun 27, 2013 10:03 am

It's funny that my first reaction was also: "where is the forums button?"
wakka9ca

Postby Ropey » Thu Jun 27, 2013 10:37 am

There are plenty of games that either do not have forums or they are not worth going on.

One game I played had your own window for smack talking. You could leave messages to wind your opponents up it was brilliant. I ground a good level and then someone stole my account. About a year later I checked back on it and the feature had gone. So I never played it much. I was surprised at how much it had added to the whole experience.

I am amazed at how few players we seem to have in the arena compared to the amounts of views given to the quite frankly bizarre posts on here?

I had played Alteil for quite a while before posting. I couldn't make out most of the abbreviations or jargon, but searching threw older posts for info on cards was invaluable.

I think new players will explore the new sight and find it eventually. At first the game hooked me so bad it was painful. I could see it's complexities and was determined to master it, and to do that I knew I had to find as much info as possible. So the game does kinda force you here in some respects.
"My mind is not for rent to any god or government"

ImageImageImage
Ropey

Postby angelspawns » Thu Jun 27, 2013 2:52 pm

I like the new page. Obvious bugs in the "browse cards" display aside, it's far better. Well done guys!
Any chance there will be some infoblocks aswell on the frontpage? Ya know, some sellingpoint phrases to pull players in. (like mentioning free daily cards lotto)
angelspawns

Postby Ropey » Thu Jun 27, 2013 5:57 pm

Basicly, if I had just found the game and looked at the graphics it says you can be evil or burn a whole village down. Which is is nice. ;th2
Look a little closer and you could even be all watery or why not be all sunny and nice?
"My mind is not for rent to any god or government"

ImageImageImage
Ropey

Postby gabotheplaya » Fri Jun 28, 2013 1:25 pm

Where is the news/announcement ticker?
ImageImage
gabotheplaya

Postby kronoCore » Mon Jul 01, 2013 12:28 am

The new index page is not responsive designed.

According to W3School Statistics over 90% of internet users have a screen resolution higher than 1024x768. I use 1280x1024 and the site looks big and need to scroll right to check if I missed something. In the same resolution can´t manage to see the names of the bottom boxes and only see some part of the images.
Havn´t checked from tablet or smartphone but if the plan is release the game for those devices, at least the index page (hopefully the whole new site) should be responsive
kronoCore

Postby WhiteDragon2 » Mon Jul 01, 2013 11:18 am

Other than a forum button, I'm also missing the front page news on the new main page. The old main page is better for seeing what events are currently active (yeah you can see it in the newsletters, but seeing at as soon as you enter the site is more convenient). The new one does look good though, so it might attract new players better than the old one.
"Truly, if there is evil in this world, it lies within the heart of mankind.'
WhiteDragon2

Postby VertuHonagan » Wed Jul 10, 2013 8:01 am

Have there been changes to the size of the new main page? I forgot to check last time I was able to use a computer, but the page fits perfectly on the iPod touch screen.
Train ninjas and save the world from evil on NinjaManager.com!
VertuHonagan

Previous

Return to Alteil General Discussion