Alteil Horizon

Everything that doesn't go anywhere else.

Alteil Horizon

Postby Dean » Fri Jun 28, 2013 11:52 pm

I just received an email about them working on a sequel for Alteil. That mean better graphic and animation (good thing) but does it also mean a completely new game, with new cards and by the same way losing all our previous cards?
Dean

Re: Alteil Horizon

Postby Ropey » Sat Jun 29, 2013 2:22 am

I very much doubt that Ateil would have the bare faced cheek to sell a new set then make our cards useless? I view card purchase as an investment so I and others can continue to enjoy the game. If they took my cards and did not give me the equivocal in the new update. I would be on a plane to Boston. First things I would buy would be a ten gallon hat and a Magnum! Seriously I think it will be more of a skin change and more animation. If they do this I hope they keep the old options so if the game becomes slower due to more going on. You can change back. I would much rather have game speed than a heap of bells and whistles. Oh yeah, and one that didn't lag and dc all the time.
"My mind is not for rent to any god or government"

ImageImageImage
Ropey

Postby Spears » Sat Jun 29, 2013 5:40 am

Dean wrote:I just received an email about them working on a sequel for Alteil. That mean better graphic and animation (good thing) but does it also mean a completely new game, with new cards and by the same way losing all our previous cards?

It would seem pretty daft to chuck out all their art assets so i imagine the cards themselves will stay the same much like Alteil 2 in japan. It shouldn't be too hard to convert the database if needed, I would expect most of the fields will stay the same from one to another heck even profiles and stats might be transferable if they felt that was wise.
Spears

Postby angelspawns » Sat Jun 29, 2013 5:49 am

It's ALOT more inviting to new players if a game just launched to catch on with it and keep up. Big cardpools of 13 Sets already are scary things. It feels like entering a MMORPG world where maxed out characters already have most content and are fighting you with it...
Specially in a CCG, where collecting the cards is one of the things you might want. Just imagine the overwhelming idea of all the cards you have to fight/remember/collect as new player.

I suggest total relaunch with Set1 & 2. Grant premium features to old Alteil Players, and make those Premium features worth my return........ because i WILL be pissed losing my cards. (perhaps as each new set releases, i get back my collection of that set?)
angelspawns

Postby MysteryMan » Sat Jun 29, 2013 6:24 pm

Dean wrote:I just received an email about them working on a sequel for Alteil. That mean better graphic and animation (good thing) but does it also mean a completely new game, with new cards and by the same way losing all our previous cards?

You will not be losing your previous cards. That'd be silly.
MysteryMan

Return to Alteil General Discussion