Nerf Vonderclone

User suggestions to improve the game

Re: Nerf Vonderclone

Postby GonFreeces31 » Mon Jul 15, 2013 10:39 pm

Soul skill or soul skill combos that are inconsistent, yet sometimes give you free wins have been around for a LONG time and it is unlikely that they will ever leave. Vonderclone, Afeemina SS, 30/30, Pulcera the Alraune... That 50 damage to everyone soul skill. Heck even Wassier used to basically give free wins when it hit in rush vs rush instances. Logress has said in the past that things like this are actually good for the game because they give newbies a chance to win where otherwise there would be none.
The True Hero / Callonia
GonFreeces31

Postby Icyman2 » Mon Jul 15, 2013 11:32 pm

vonderclone works on 95% of files. if not return by cyclone, then return by return or wrath or whatever
also this forum is horrendously outdated and it just took me 3 minutes to navigate login and post
Icyman2

Postby GonFreeces31 » Mon Jul 15, 2013 11:46 pm

Yeah but it's only instawin verse lvl 4 rushes and below. Returning a lvl 5 or 6 or 7 unit using vonda-return is inefficient relative to like RFA or basically any other removal in the game.
The True Hero / Callonia
GonFreeces31

Postby Jazzock » Tue Jul 16, 2013 8:44 am

As a side note, that 50 damage to all got nerfed :lol:
Self proclaimed user of weirdness, one of the few crazy people to actually use a pure sorceress file...

Jazzock

Postby Icyman2 » Tue Jul 16, 2013 3:44 pm

Tell that to the ruuca and rasam I returned for 5 sp advantage one game.
Isn't the definition of op that its instawin vs most things and good vs others?
Icyman2

Postby Icyglare » Tue Jul 16, 2013 6:08 pm

Well, usually when something is overpowered, Alteil seem to trend towards heavy use of it. Now I know I saw it before but people who used it stopped and it was a long gap since I've seen it. I saw it today and last time was when Set10 came out.

This combo has been useable since Set5 but it's been untouched by errata and not played often. If anyone out there who uses it/used it can help shed some light, it'll be useful info.
For a large amount of various Alteil Replays, try youtube link

<-- http://www.youtube.com/AlteilReplays -->

CEM guild brah!
Icyglare

Postby gabotheplaya » Tue Jul 16, 2013 9:13 pm

Icyman2 wrote:vonderclone works on 95% of files.

Am i just bad that i don't get it to work that often? :(

I'm playing it and it seems to be boom or bust, like many other soul skills, it doesn't magically tilt scales.
ImageImage
gabotheplaya

Postby Dean » Tue Jul 16, 2013 9:43 pm

Useless vs lvl 2 rush (since your vond SS basically do nothing so you lose an SS that could help you) and useless vs Big. So the 95% is very exaggerate.

True its an SS (combo with cyclone) that can win you game against certain match up but this can also be said for any removal SS and fierte.
Dean

Postby Icyman2 » Tue Jul 16, 2013 11:43 pm

I'm not sure you've seen folrart. Not too many lvl9 bigs or en. (Yes it works against pixies)
Also popularity = opness is a really bad argument. popularity is affected by among other things card distribution. Often the team overnerf something (such as undeads) and see its use go to "normal." But that's not really normal. A lot of players at the time had undeads as their only file and well, gotta keep playing your only file. The guys with access to everything just moved on. Ease of use, perceived power (bringer op, please), ...
Icyman2

Postby gabotheplaya » Wed Jul 17, 2013 9:37 pm

Although true
high usage = OP

is a bad basis of power...

you cannot deny that it vonderclone takes a lot of setting up and its not an auto-win move unlike so many others that deserve much more attention.

I'm still waiting for them to nerf ellie-zu, ex brah, OPlate. Vonderclone just seems so insignificant in comparison.
ImageImage
gabotheplaya

PreviousNext

Return to Safiria's Planning Bureau