Looking for the public's opinion...

Everything that doesn't go anywhere else.

Re: Looking for the public's opinion...

Postby Kashmira » Thu Jul 18, 2013 3:52 am

Yea,seems like a good idea but we would really come to know the facts when it is implemented.Cos things looks always good on planning level,main difficulty arrives when there is a materialization.
Last edited by Kashmira on Mon Jul 22, 2013 2:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kashmira

Postby Vascha » Sun Jul 21, 2013 9:50 pm

i'm just going to drop my thoughts on the matter here... ;>

In every game like this that I have played or gone to in which there is an auction house, it has not gone well for any players, whether they are free or paying players. With inflation and greed being the main cause for this happening. The auction house that Blizzard has is a bit different compared to card games, so it's model is not entirely applicable to Alteil, nor comparable to any other card games that have an auction house. It is very similar to the auction houses in free to play MMOs, and the premium content is always worth what can be considered a mint... which takes days or even weeks to acquire even for people who play for 20+ hours in a day. And that kind of situation WILL happen here also, once there is a large enough playerbase.

The best models that I have seen, are ones in which you can purchase cards directly from a controlled shop. One in which the profits or income goes directly to the game company/developer (in this case it would be Alteil). There are generally limited quantities of the more popular cards, and larger quantities of the less popular cards. With the company (ie Alteil) being able to edit the quantities of any of the cards within the shop itself. The cards can be purchased with in game (free) currency only, with sell rates, such as players selling to the shop, being 1/5th or 1/10th of the purchase price. Cards can also be purchased in the forms of packs and or decks for premium currency only.

I believe that an auction house would prove detrimental to the playerbase as a whole, and that a regular card shop which is controlled by Alteil would be a better idea.

fell free to go bonkers on me ;>
Everyone once said that the earth was flat.
Everyone once said that the earth was the center of the universe.
Doesn't mean that everyone was correct just because they agreed.
Vascha

Postby kawaiido » Mon Jul 22, 2013 11:01 pm

Sorry for skipping all the backlog, but since this is a Public opinion callout...

To make things easier for newbies and people like myself that have skipped sets, why not just slash the prices on everything in half and work on a trading system? That would get me back in right away.
Just some blog of mine on games...
Ithaldir talking about pancakes wrote:I guess hatin' on breakfast is what the cool kids are doing now.
kawaiido

Postby WhiteDragon2 » Tue Jul 23, 2013 11:28 am

Vascha wrote:i'm just going to drop my thoughts on the matter here... ;>

In every game like this that I have played or gone to in which there is an auction house, it has not gone well for any players, whether they are free or paying players. With inflation and greed being the main cause for this happening. The auction house that Blizzard has is a bit different compared to card games, so it's model is not entirely applicable to Alteil, nor comparable to any other card games that have an auction house. It is very similar to the auction houses in free to play MMOs, and the premium content is always worth what can be considered a mint... which takes days or even weeks to acquire even for people who play for 20+ hours in a day. And that kind of situation WILL happen here also, once there is a large enough playerbase.

The best models that I have seen, are ones in which you can purchase cards directly from a controlled shop. One in which the profits or income goes directly to the game company/developer (in this case it would be Alteil). There are generally limited quantities of the more popular cards, and larger quantities of the less popular cards. With the company (ie Alteil) being able to edit the quantities of any of the cards within the shop itself. The cards can be purchased with in game (free) currency only, with sell rates, such as players selling to the shop, being 1/5th or 1/10th of the purchase price. Cards can also be purchased in the forms of packs and or decks for premium currency only.

I believe that an auction house would prove detrimental to the playerbase as a whole, and that a regular card shop which is controlled by Alteil would be a better idea.

fell free to go bonkers on me ;>

I agree, controlled shop would likely be better than an auction house.
"Truly, if there is evil in this world, it lies within the heart of mankind.'
WhiteDragon2

Postby hexagram » Wed Jul 24, 2013 6:11 pm

I agree so a shop which sells limited numbers of each and every card or a random selection of individual cards. Rare cards less copies and obviously more expensive. Certain cards no copies. It refreshes every so often every week? depending on how quick cards sell and is a first come serve basis atleast for the time period till reset.

New sets should be protected to encourage people to buy other traditional options. Atleast the newest set maybe last 2 newest.

'Don't worry be happy' Bob Marley
Too much negatively be happy and :)

Also new guys Worthings starter replays Remember use starter switcher at lvl10 to get all 4 starters

free player till level 190. If I can do it so can you.
hexagram

Previous

Return to Alteil General Discussion