Mirage Master?

Everything that doesn't go anywhere else.

Re: Mirage Master?

Postby Romdeau » Fri Jul 26, 2013 1:11 pm

You don't lose gran for losing, been that way for months. And yes the ultimate goal is to encourage people to spend. As a free player you have access to 4 competitive files already for each sphere, I think it's fair to pay a bit for prebuilts and other good deals. Poor methods of distribuition are undesirable, but there are good options in the shop.
Romdeau

Postby asxlen64 » Sun Jul 28, 2013 10:59 pm

Romdeau wrote:You don't lose gran for losing, been that way for months. And yes the ultimate goal is to encourage people to spend. As a free player you have access to 4 competitive files already for each sphere, I think it's fair to pay a bit for prebuilts and other good deals. Poor methods of distribuition are undesirable, but there are good options in the shop.

you mean you dont lose gran in your gran pool for weekly gran gain(or this game would be called pay to play), you still have to win a minimal of 6 games, to pass the 10free gran you get automaticly for playing in ranked arena. also you meant to say 1 of 4 starter files, since all new players get access to only ONE of them, unless the starterchange card is still given away to beginner too
NitroDino : the thing I don't like about blacksun type players is the only thing they want is to win.
Thank mitsu for this sig.
SMILE/IVEY: ふふふ、笑わせるわね。君じゃ、私を雇うなんて100年以上は甘いわヨ
asxlen64

Postby Jazzock » Mon Jul 29, 2013 12:24 am

I'm pretty sure they get the starter change card at lvl 10 as the level up...they should probably officially mention that somewhere
Self proclaimed user of weirdness, one of the few crazy people to actually use a pure sorceress file...

Jazzock

Postby gabotheplaya » Mon Jul 29, 2013 3:44 am

asxlen64 wrote:also you meant to say 1 of 4 starter files, since all new players get access to only ONE of them, unless the starterchange card is still given away to beginner too

Jazzock wrote:I'm pretty sure they get the starter change card at lvl 10 as the level up...they should probably officially mention that somewhere

True, they get the starter switcher at level 10.

They should also advertise the "Mentor a n00b" program more to those that get matched with cresties in folart. I'm supporting it as hard as i can and got a few "semi-well-adjusted" lowbie players into folart. Thing is, they "need" the pre-built to stay strong and buckle down the lowbie winter, yet i've never met a mentee that has that starting gran saved.

We kinda need a way to get those pre-builts asap, either rotating sales or increased gran gain per period.

P.S. if you give a n00b a gratuitous free win as a highbie, it could bump them up enough levels for the starter switcher which is a big thing already for starting out... ofcourse better if it was a legit win, but sometimes its just nice to give that first big push.
ImageImage
gabotheplaya

Postby Temaris » Fri Aug 02, 2013 12:17 pm

So is the 2* daily lotto for a week now an acknowledgement that the recycle rate for it is under 10 gran, cuz otherwise I don't see how this is a good thing anymore. Either way, I'd rather have mirage master back. More options = better.
Temaris

Postby hexagram » Thu Aug 08, 2013 5:12 pm

This needs to be fixed asap. It seems like it will demotivate free players by removing their free income and forcing them to play for daily lotto - much more of a time commit. ]

May discourage them for the game. This is bad as the player base is low so we need all the free players so paying players can have opponents to fight against.

Question for the person who discovered the bug. How did it work and how could you get unlimited gran - it does not make sense to me.You can tell us or pm me as mirage master is disabled now.

Also hide level _ I think it scares new noobs too much especially when the lose all the time and they assume we get a lvl up card every level.

'Don't worry be happy' Bob Marley
Too much negatively be happy and :)

Also new guys Worthings starter replays Remember use starter switcher at lvl10 to get all 4 starters

free player till level 190. If I can do it so can you.
hexagram

Postby Jazzock » Fri Aug 09, 2013 4:37 am

hexagram wrote:This needs to be fixed asap. It seems like it will demotivate free players by removing their free income and forcing them to play for daily lotto - much more of a time commit.

I'd rather they just encourage users to play in arena a bit more (daily XP and daily lotto don't really encourage that much play), because IMO it'd be better if we had everyone in arena, instead of half the people not playing in arena because of some pretty boring side-game... I for one don't even know half the people on the lucky iczer list.

As a side note, I did manage to get proposition yesterday from the daily lotto :lol:
Self proclaimed user of weirdness, one of the few crazy people to actually use a pure sorceress file...

Jazzock

Postby gabotheplaya » Sat Aug 10, 2013 3:35 am

hexagram wrote:Question for the person who discovered the bug. How did it work and how could you get unlimited gran - it does not make sense to me.You can tell us or pm me as mirage master is disabled now.

Hiya Hex, i'm surprised you didn't know it was me who reported this and "tested" it extensively.

I can't give you precide times and dates, but here's the general development of the issue...

Day 1:
i was playing randomly then i accidentally clicked MM pre-maintenance and saw gran, which i did. after finishing and receiving the gran, saw it was still there. Did it a second time, and it happened again. Since, as you may already know, the gran amount in the My Iczer tab does not automatically refresh, so i relogged. Could not log back in because of maintenance. Got on AFTER maintenance and saw gran still there, did once, then it reset like normal. Illicit gran on first day = 30.

Day 2:
Tried to replicate the event by doing MM before maintenance. At this point i realized 15 before was sufficient. maintenance = 6pm philippine time so i went into MM 5:45PM, gran was there. Same scenario, but this time i ran mixes of different difficulties and stars to see if it affected all of the. Conclusion 1: it works consistently until 6:15PM (end of maintenance). Conclusion 2: the server is unstable, disconnection was about twice as likely as when playing in folart (which is not uncommon enough) but reconnection is possible until 6PM (meaning at most only 15 mins worth of MM time lost). Illicit gran on second day = ~100

On top of all this, i hopped into chat and asked around about this bug. People CONFIRMED IT EXISTS but it was apparently confused with another bug that lets people load MM and still do daily lotto pull netting at least a freebie card from lotto (which was highly likely a 1* and sometimes a 2* anyway). I did not know that bug even existed but since its a bug, its not discussed openly anyway.

Day 3 onwards:
I tried "pushing the limit of time". i went slow, logging on by 5 mins earlier every day (not that i can't keep doing this every day literally since i have responsibilities at this time too, ie. work). The earliest i've managed to make after a couple weeks of testing was 4:50pm. This was with constant rotations of difficulty and disconnections.

In all this time, i realized that something was wrong with this... i immediately 1) emailed logress about this issue 2) filed a bug report using MM's tool (on the login page) 3) forum mailed Romdeau because i know how active the dude is and how fast he reacts to shyt.

Now the fun bit...
In all of this time, i kept spamming the chat and making it obvious that i'm getting illicit gran somehow, ofcourse many questions popped up but after saying i'm getting upwards of 300 gran a day i knew things would stir up. I NEVER disclosed how the bug worked and made sure i kept it secret while i continued to test it extensively. At one point, i had enough time and tenacity to super MM spam it to see my limit and i got ~700 gran in around an hour doing nothing but intermediate 3* (seemed the best winrate and return per time) and a pretty bad headache... because apparently that much constant focus strains the brain or something. Doing the match, i calculate upwards of 900 gran is possible in a day with back-to-back-to-back wins in intermediate 3*. That much gran leaking out is economy breaking.

I was intentionally creating animosity around myself, but i think people understood why i was doing it. Upon ranting by a guildmate i even wrote a public announcement for the bug here. Then i mailed logress again, and even got a confirmation with MysteryMan on it.

and then... the fix they did turned out to be to remove it completely which is a dumb way to do it tbh, but i'm hopeful of its return.

tl;dr
Login an hour or so before maintenance, spam mirage master, gran does not set to 0 during this time, continue until mentally stressed or time runs out until maintenance end, get tons of illicit gran from wasting your time on a dumb minigame... buy set 13 stuff.

I'm by far the most vocal person who openly admits participating in this bug and has reported it... But i cannot believe that i am the only one.
ImageImage
gabotheplaya

Postby hexagram » Sat Aug 10, 2013 4:17 pm

seems like you may be the only one to have relised it or one of the few. Alteil devs can always check if they have records.

I guess after you made your thread about it some other people may have found it out leading to the quick reaction to close MM for good atleast in the short term.

The other mirage master bug was well known enabling you to do both mirage maste and daily lotto in a day. I think the devs/ gms did not mind so much about this as it is only an extra 6ish gran a day and helps new guys acquire cards.

However the bug you described means 100s of extra gran a day so required the serious reaction.

I wonder if there will be any consequences against you for exploiting the bug. Looking back at the free lotto bug alteil may ban you (people who exploited major bug or make you pay the gran back in a similar way they did then by purchasing gran).

Seeing as it may be only you and you reported the bug and did not tell others how to do it I think the punishment will be light or none at all just my guess. Interested to know what happened gabo. Pm me if you want.

'Don't worry be happy' Bob Marley
Too much negatively be happy and :)

Also new guys Worthings starter replays Remember use starter switcher at lvl10 to get all 4 starters

free player till level 190. If I can do it so can you.
hexagram

Postby Jazzock » Tue Aug 13, 2013 10:11 am

Hmm... Proposition and Bringer within 6 days... :shock:
wtf is this @_@

Jazzock

Previous

Return to Alteil General Discussion