Petition of the players!

Everything that doesn't go anywhere else.

Petition of the players!

Postby TheMindWraith » Tue Aug 20, 2013 1:50 pm

I Thunderflea, have spent spent atleast $200+ on Alteil since I joined in February of 2013, I will not be spending any more money Until I feel my opinion has been respectfully heard and some changes and decisons are made. Some ideas I have are a public forum in the chat box atleast once a month for 30 minutes to an hour in length where players will vote on 3-5 subjects which a Developer or GM will discuss With the Playerbase, These could be potential balance changes, Lottery rates, Card sales, Card Packs, Premades. Possible ways to include players in promotion of alteil besides the Mentor Program. Gran per Win ratio is terrible and should be increased. These are some - Not All - Of my thoughts. Thank you for hearing me today.
Thunderflea - Petition of the Players

While I respect and acknowledge the work the GM's and Developers do. It simply isn't enough, On the surface, Alteil looks like a 3 man show, led by Logress. I thank you for your service, but it simply is too slow to support a game such as alteil, I respect Goblin for his dedication to alteil, and Logress for all the minor problems he has fixed. However, you guys are nick deep and need some help. Maybe look into finding more people to work? Please correct me if I am wrong.

If you would like to post your own, Here is a format: Write it up, Then PM it to me, and i'll add it here.
Code: Select all
I ____, have spent spent atleast $XXXXX on Alteil since I joined in XX/XX/XX, I will not be spending any more $$$ Until I feel my opinion has been respectfully heard and some changes and decisons are made. "Iczer Name" - Petition of the Players
TheMindWraith

Re: Petition of the players!

Postby Romdeau » Tue Aug 20, 2013 2:28 pm

ThunderFlea I come into chat and discuss quite frequently what is happening behind the scenes at Apocoplay (at least, what I know). Trust me, our developers are hard at work and we have some very cool stuff in the pipelines that we aren't exactly ready to announce in public format yet. If you have questions regarding design, I would be more then happy to discuss that with you here. I have always, and continue to strive to be transparent about our design philosophies and decisions.

However, I ask that during our discussions that you remain civil and polite. I understand that our players are passionate about these issues, but it helps us a lot when you guys voice your concerns in the appropriate manner. Remember, we're people too-we can get frustrated just as easily and we're doing our best to make Alteil a superb product by the time it's ready to launch. I feel it's appropriate to announce an update on the kickstarter: it is planned to start this month in conjunction with other promotions to get you guys excited about Alteil again. Most of our developers either don't have the time to publicly communicate with you guys like this because they are busy, or they are contractors that don't play the game (but are working hard to make it better).

Hang in there, we know it's been a long wait.
Romdeau

Postby angelspawns » Tue Aug 20, 2013 3:58 pm

It's clear things will be different for 'Alteil Horizons'. I understand that exact changes towards gameplay can't be announced/promised as there's a press silence.
With that in mind there are still things i need to hear before i'll spend again, like on the kickstarter idea.

I dreamspawn, have spent atleast $1500 on Alteil since I joined in 2010. I will not be spending any more $$$ until I feel my opinion has been respectfully heard and some changes and decisons are made. Namely:
- Better incentive for (free) players that'll keep them playing even in a losing streak.
I want to see rewards for the time spend, not wins/money/or quick visits.

- Add FM (next to Gran?) for valuable shop purchases. A good balance in my opinion is around 3 hours of FM collecting = 1 booster pack.
This might mean an overall decrease in quick-to-get freebies and goodies everywhere. It's a step towards the model where irregulair players will have to buy more to get the content, while activity gets rewarded.

- Regulair occuring errata's on small numbers. Focuss is on letting underused cards see more play, and keep on tweaking untill you get the result.

- Alteil Horizons' Free-2-Play model needs drastic changes to compete on the market. Blizzard soon-to-launch TCG and MANY others in the making have modern F2P models and they even include trading! Those models let you enjoy the complete game as free player from playing. Buying only get: the content faster, exclusive vanity stuff, increased comfort (expanded this-or-that feature), to show your apreciation.
I suggest Alteil takes a long good look to decide which model has the future....

"Dreamspawn" - Petition of the Players
angelspawns

Postby worthing » Tue Aug 20, 2013 6:58 pm

TheMindWraith wrote:I Thunderflea, have spent spent atleast $200+ on Alteil since I joined in February of 2013, I will not be spending any more money Until I feel my opinion has been respectfully heard and some changes and decisons are made. Some ideas I have are a public forum in the chat box atleast once a month for 30 minutes to an hour in length where players will vote on 3-5 subjects which a Developer or GM will discuss With the Playerbase, These could be potential balance changes, Lottery rates, Card sales, Card Packs, Premades. Possible ways to include players in promotion of alteil besides the Mentor Program. Gran per Win ratio is terrible and should be increased. These are some - Not All - Of my thoughts. Thank you for hearing me today.
Thunderflea - Petition of the Players

While I respect and acknowledge the work the GM's and Developers do. It simply isn't enough, On the surface, Alteil looks like a 3 man show, led by Logress. I thank you for your service, but it simply is too slow to support a game such as alteil, I respect Goblin for his dedication to alteil, and Logress for all the minor problems he has fixed. However, you guys are nick deep and need some help. Maybe look into finding more people to work? Please correct me if I am wrong.

If you would like to post your own, Here is a format: Write it up, Then PM it to me, and i'll add it here.
Code: Select all
I ____, have spent spent atleast $XXXXX on Alteil since I joined in XX/XX/XX, I will not be spending any more $$$ Until I feel my opinion has been respectfully heard and some changes and decisons are made. "Iczer Name" - Petition of the Players

You are going to be afk from the internet for 2 years anyway.....
worthing

Postby GonFreeces31 » Wed Aug 21, 2013 1:48 am

TheMindWraith wrote:While I respect and acknowledge the work the GM's and Developers do. It simply isn't enough,

One of the many reason I quit!
The True Hero / Callonia
GonFreeces31

Postby gabotheplaya » Wed Aug 21, 2013 2:40 am

hey, lets humor the kid...

I gabotheplaya, have spent spent at least $40 (of my own money, + $13 i think from donations of other players) on Alteil since I joined in 08/03/2009, I WILL be spending more $$$ WHEN I feel THE VALUE IS REASONABLY SUFFICIENT and ALL THE changes THAT HAVE BEEN PLANNED are made.

gabotheplaya - Petition of the Players
ImageImage
gabotheplaya

Postby Callonia » Wed Aug 21, 2013 11:23 pm

I spent maybe 1k-3k in that range. I'm done. this game too expensive compared to sword girls.

Didn't keep count.
Callonia

Postby hexagram » Fri Aug 23, 2013 9:30 pm

Spent 100 dollars altogether on mostly special ex discount lotto 5 for 300 gran and rest on hyper lotto. Random and alteil range so got extra copies of the same cards and missed many. Allowed me to play a few more files but not 100% worth it.

No intention to spend any time so although its a good game it needs more players. Increasing playerbase may motivate people like myself to spend more as otherwise a 'badder' investment.

Think prebuilts/ beginners packs best first buys. Possibly a playset of ex packs too. Basically anything with guaranted decent cards for a decent price.

'Don't worry be happy' Bob Marley
Too much negatively be happy and :)

Also new guys Worthings starter replays Remember use starter switcher at lvl10 to get all 4 starters

free player till level 190. If I can do it so can you.
hexagram

Postby cheongzewei » Mon Aug 26, 2013 12:44 pm

I cheongzewei, have spent spent atleast $150 US on Alteil since I joined in XX/XX/2009, I will not be spending any more $$$ Until I feel my opinion has been respectfully heard and some changes and decisons are made.

I want to discuss about 'anti fun' and why is having a strong, solid 3 tanks is anti fun as that's why I play refress in the first place. You're nerfing an entire faction and style of play. (That is, low agility, unit support, build up style). Especially since return hard counter the playstyle.

I wish to discuss about Ork king, and why his - 2 lp iczer isn't considered op.
Of that girl ex carbuncle, and why her -1 agility isn't considered op.
Of OP Ex mermaid shield bearer and why she's still rendering such an early attack immune presence to herself and to a 2nd unit.
Of Chaos annarose, in a continuous multi spam of a lv 7 unit that open buffs.

Cheongzewei - Petition of the Players
Perfect 9
ImageImage
cheongzewei

Postby sunbunman » Mon Aug 26, 2013 8:28 pm

cheongzewei wrote:I cheongzewei, have spent spent atleast $150 US on Alteil since I joined in XX/XX/2009, I will not be spending any more $$$ Until I feel my opinion has been respectfully heard and some changes and decisons are made.

I want to discuss about 'anti fun' and why is having a strong, solid 3 tanks is anti fun as that's why I play refress in the first place. You're nerfing an entire faction and style of play. (That is, low agility, unit support, build up style). Especially since return hard counter the playstyle.

I wish to discuss about Ork king, and why his - 2 lp iczer isn't considered op.
Of that girl ex carbuncle, and why her -1 agility isn't considered op.
Of OP Ex mermaid shield bearer and why she's still rendering such an early attack immune presence to herself and to a 2nd unit.
Of Chaos annarose, in a continuous multi spam of a lv 7 unit that open buffs.

Cheongzewei - Petition of the Players

100% winrate vs falkow, got 2 loses on it later to pixies and tjc

less qq moar pewpew

Falkow {Water | Fluidity = Elusion} ∈ Win
sunbunman

Next

Return to Alteil General Discussion