Kickstarter is up

Everything that doesn't go anywhere else.

Re: Kickstarter is up

Postby wakka9ca » Fri Sep 06, 2013 10:03 am

The only downside of KS is that it's mainly for North American backers. Otherwise, I would suggest some more advertisement on the Japanese market too.
wakka9ca

Postby Saorin » Fri Sep 06, 2013 1:00 pm

Am considering giving a (little) amount to help - but only when the Paypal option is implemented. I don't have a credit card and are thus unable to contribute via amazon payments, even if I would like to. :?
Image Image
Saorin

Postby hexagram » Fri Sep 06, 2013 2:38 pm

good start but personally sceptical about reaching minimum target by deadline hopefully proved wrong though.

'Don't worry be happy' Bob Marley
Too much negatively be happy and :)

Also new guys Worthings starter replays Remember use starter switcher at lvl10 to get all 4 starters

free player till level 190. If I can do it so can you.
hexagram

Postby wakka9ca » Fri Sep 06, 2013 2:51 pm

Yes, it's very risky because the funding usually tends to die off towards the end. However, if we get more publicity and some additional push in terms of goals by Apocoplay, we might see some surge in the funding. The problem is that TCG is very very niche...

Also, I'm afraid once the 95$ deal is finished (very soon), not a lot of people will back the 125$ although it is still a very good choice of contribution with very good rewards.
wakka9ca

Postby wakka9ca » Fri Sep 06, 2013 4:50 pm

.... and the 100 places are gone

I think we also need to target more new backers. From the look of things so far the bulk of the backing came from the existing playerbase. That's ok but not good in the long run.
wakka9ca

Postby AngelicDeath » Fri Sep 06, 2013 7:21 pm

I backed the early bird as it seemed the best value for what you pay. They essentially need 1000 players at roughly 100 usd each (80-125). Too bad the early bird special wasn't more like limited to 300 or so.

AD
Nought's had, all's spent, Where our desire is got without content;'Tis safer to be that which we destroy Than by destruction dwell in doubtful joy.

Ne Obliviscaris
AngelicDeath

Postby wakka9ca » Fri Sep 06, 2013 7:47 pm

The problem is that if you are new to the game (i.e. never heard of it), it is very unlikely that you will pay 95$ right up front. In other words, I am speculating that most of the 100 early bid are from the current players of Alteil. Only 160 players and about 14000$? Sounds like Alteil to me lol... A few paying players pretty much supporting the entire game :x That's not a sustainable model in the long run.

Not to sound negative but it's not getting enough traction yet... We need more advertisement. How about a full demo of how a game of Alteil is played?
wakka9ca

Postby Callonia » Sat Sep 07, 2013 4:56 am

Eh Still haven't dropped money on kickstarter yet.

Just cuz I really dislike getting Johnjo and his beloved orks+spdrain deck 3 times in a day and that was how many times I searched for a match. I'll wait til it looks like there will be lots of people again.
Callonia

Postby hexagram » Sat Sep 07, 2013 7:39 pm

I think they should have decreased the minimum to something more realistic - like 50/ 30 k that way if it flops they still get some money

'Don't worry be happy' Bob Marley
Too much negatively be happy and :)

Also new guys Worthings starter replays Remember use starter switcher at lvl10 to get all 4 starters

free player till level 190. If I can do it so can you.
hexagram

Postby Ropey » Sat Sep 07, 2013 10:27 pm

Just been browsing the cards from the $95 pledge. They are all in the main card list and look extremely interesting. OBSIDIAN DRAGON / TEZCATLI is particularly pleasing. Being dragon kin opens lots of possibilities I would love to get a dragon rider on it. POSSESSED WILDCAT is going to bring monsters up to date and finally gives Bolbaron a decent level 4 monster to bring back. Really hope this comes off if only for these exclusive cards.
"My mind is not for rent to any god or government"

ImageImageImage
Ropey

PreviousNext

Return to Alteil General Discussion