Kickstarter questions

Everything that doesn't go anywhere else.

Kickstarter questions

Postby spithas26 » Mon Sep 09, 2013 1:37 am

Hello i am new to the whole Alteil world and i would like to pledge for it .
before that i would like some clarifications , if you dont mind :)

1. There are going to be new sites for the game/forums , or the current ones will be used ?

2. Seems like some people have problem with 3change card , why ?

3. The cards that state that are kickstarter exclusive , wont be available ingame ? (black mantle/wildcat/mico/catria/obsidian)

4. Holy aura , is it some kind of buff ? can we get it through gameplay ? a better explanation about what it does , didnt really understood :P

5. Avatars can we buy new ones with grans ? generally other than premium , will everything else be purchaceable with grans ?

6. Has the playerbase good behavior ? well , as good as it goes for duel games anyway :P

7. Is there other way to pledge than kickstarter ?

sr about the many questions . Just found out the game today and i am excited about it :D
spithas26

Re: Kickstarter questions

Postby Romdeau » Mon Sep 09, 2013 1:55 am

Hi, welcome to Alteil. I'm one of the staff here at Apocoplay and I work as an Assistant Game Designer. Thanks for your interest, let me answer your questions.

1. I'm not 100% sure, but I think there's a high probability that this will happen. I think MysteryMan or Logress will have a for sure answer for you.

2. I don't understand your question, do you mean they have a problem with getting copies of more then 3 cards from packs/boxes? If so, that's because possessing any more than 3 copies is impractical-they hold no value in gameplay. The most copies of an individual card in a file you can have is 3. Does that answer your question?

3. They are exclusive to the kickstarter. I believe they will not be available through any other means, but that may change in the future. Assume they are only available as a reward to our backers though for now.

4. In our game there is an evil entity known as "Batora" that opposes the 4 Gods of Lavatos. Batora currently has its slaves running amuck on our servers, waiting to ambush players. If you possess this holy aura, Batora's slaves will always skip the first turn-they normally always play their first unit on turn 1. We plan to fully integrate Batora as a game feature into Alteil: Horizons in the future.

5. Yes, there shouldn't be anything you can't purchase with gran except for special, exclusive cards (like the kickstarter cards) that are not available through normal means.

6. This has been an issue for us, but we do plan on addressing player behavior for Horizons launch. We want our players to have a pleasant, positive experience while they are here.

7. I'm not sure of your meaning, it would help us a lot if you could pledge to our kickstarter project though! Otherwise, just spread the word and get your friends interest about Alteil: Horizons!

I'm glad your excited, and again-welcome.
Romdeau

Postby spithas26 » Mon Sep 09, 2013 3:41 am

Romdeau wrote:Hi, welcome to Alteil. I'm one of the staff here at Apocoplay and I work as an Assistant Game Designer. Thanks for your interest, let me answer your questions.

1. I'm not 100% sure, but I think there's a high probability that this will happen. I think MysteryMan or Logress will have a for sure answer for you.

2. I don't understand your question, do you mean they have a problem with getting copies of more then 3 cards from packs/boxes? If so, that's because possessing any more than 3 copies is impractical-they hold no value in gameplay. The most copies of an individual card in a file you can have is 3. Does that answer your question?

3. They are exclusive to the kickstarter. I believe they will not be available through any other means, but that may change in the future. Assume they are only available as a reward to our backers though for now.

4. In our game there is an evil entity known as "Batora" that opposes the 4 Gods of Lavatos. Batora currently has its slaves running amuck on our servers, waiting to ambush players. If you possess this holy aura, Batora's slaves will always skip the first turn-they normally always play their first unit on turn 1. We plan to fully integrate Batora as a game feature into Alteil: Horizons in the future.

5. Yes, there shouldn't be anything you can't purchase with gran except for special, exclusive cards (like the kickstarter cards) that are not available through normal means.

6. This has been an issue for us, but we do plan on addressing player behavior for Horizons launch. We want our players to have a pleasant, positive experience while they are here.

7. I'm not sure of your meaning, it would help us a lot if you could pledge to our kickstarter project though! Otherwise, just spread the word and get your friends interest about Alteil: Horizons!

I'm glad your excited, and again-welcome.

2. i really dont know . i think they meant the cards you get at Kickstarter that makes 2 more permament copies of a card . but i am not sure at all what their problem was .

3. if the auction house goal achieved , we will be able to trade the kickstarter-only cards with other players ? if the goal is not reached , there is probability auction house to be implemented in the future ?

4. if i understood correct , Batora will be played by a GM . But Batora should be in many duels at the same time . how is that gonna happen ?

7. i just hoped for a paypal option . seems like i must make a Kickstarter account :P
multiple pledges are accumulative ?
e.g if i pledge 10$ , and later another 10$ . would i get 2x 10$ rewards , or 20$ rewards ?

my friends wont be interested , but i ll mention the game at SC forums . they are quite active and mostly mature , and have proved they can put the hand deep in the pocket . so i hope they will help ;)
spithas26

Postby Jazzock » Mon Sep 09, 2013 4:02 am

spithas26 wrote:multiple pledges are accumulative ?
e.g if i pledge 10$ , and later another 10$ . would i get 2x 10$ rewards , or 20$ rewards ?

You can change how much you pledge whenever you want (and the reward too) once you've pledged with kickstarter. eg. If you pledge 10 dollars today (and pick the 10$ reward) and then in a week decide you want to put in another 10$ (20$ total), you just click the "manage your pledge" button and change the 10$ to 20$ and pick the 20$ reward (if you want it). :lol:
Self proclaimed user of weirdness, one of the few crazy people to actually use a pure sorceress file...

Jazzock

Postby Romdeau » Mon Sep 09, 2013 4:50 am

spithas26 wrote:2. i really dont know . i think they meant the cards you get at Kickstarter that makes 2 more permament copies of a card . but i am not sure at all what their problem was .

3. if the auction house goal achieved , we will be able to trade the kickstarter-only cards with other players ? if the goal is not reached , there is probability auction house to be implemented in the future ?

4. if i understood correct , Batora will be played by a GM . But Batora should be in many duels at the same time . how is that gonna happen ?

7. i just hoped for a paypal option . seems like i must make a Kickstarter account :P
multiple pledges are accumulative ?

my friends wont be interested , but i ll mention the game at SC forums . they are quite active and mostly mature , and have proved they can put the hand deep in the pocket . so i hope they will help ;)

3. Since I work in design, I'm not sure of the details regarding the auction house. I would venture to guess that yes you can trade those cards-but seeing as they are limited edition (there are a finite number of them), I'm sure they would have a premium price on them.

4. Hey, hey, who told you that Batora is played by a GM? I plea plausible deniability on that count. I do not know the specifics of how Batora will be integrated into Horiozons at this point, that is probably a question better answered by Logress.

You cannot double dip in the kickstarter rewards, unfortunately ;)
Romdeau

Postby spithas26 » Mon Sep 09, 2013 3:49 pm

it was just my assumption , since it was stated that Batora will not be AI .
spithas26

Postby Icyman2 » Thu Sep 12, 2013 3:15 am

the important part: "plausible deniability"
Icyman2

Return to Alteil General Discussion