Kickstarter is up

Everything that doesn't go anywhere else.

Re: Kickstarter is up

Postby gaogaigirl » Sun Sep 08, 2013 9:23 pm

Nice to see you back lads. @Arist, email Logress at his logress@apocoplay.com email.

everyone, sorry we stopped updating, We started noticing our ideas' in other peoples card games =_=...

;a41
gaogaigirl

Postby Icyman2 » Mon Sep 09, 2013 2:51 am

Avatar is awesome. Should post more. I want an avatar that awesome. ---end salivating over ggg's avatar
Icyman2

Postby wakka9ca » Mon Sep 09, 2013 10:14 am

Icyman2 wrote:Avatar is awesome. Should post more. I want an avatar that awesome. ---end salivating over ggg's avatar

Haha, glad to see more Kamen Rider fans out there...
wakka9ca

Postby gaogaigirl » Mon Sep 09, 2013 3:50 pm

Kamen Rider Den-O is the shiz-nit!

;a41
gaogaigirl

Postby wakka9ca » Mon Sep 09, 2013 6:16 pm

We need some additional kicks. Still not attracting enough new backers... The funding is currently moving really really slowly.
wakka9ca

Postby Icyman2 » Mon Sep 09, 2013 6:39 pm

that kinda early bird is worse than any of the not early bird choices.
Icyman2

Postby hexagram » Mon Sep 09, 2013 8:49 pm

I think the target was unrealistic in the first place. Something like 50k or max 80k is more realistic to me but then what do I know.

'Don't worry be happy' Bob Marley
Too much negatively be happy and :)

Also new guys Worthings starter replays Remember use starter switcher at lvl10 to get all 4 starters

free player till level 190. If I can do it so can you.
hexagram

Postby Callonia » Tue Sep 10, 2013 4:15 am

After looking at the kickstarter just now, I see that only card in there that even interests me is seasonal Catira. Looks like I haven't changed.
Callonia

Postby AngelicDeath » Tue Sep 10, 2013 8:57 am

I think 2 things are really holding it back.

First, Auction House being a stretch goal is bad-really bad. People want the opportunity to trade for what they need to make a deck and feel "worth" in their purchases. If the game had active trading it would be more attractive to new users.

Secondly, stating that you are working on the game economy or changing it in the future to something different throws people off. It is good news for people like me but is a question mark for newer people unfamiliar with the game as to what they are then purchasing.

As a side note, is this a last ditch effort to remain viable? What becomes of Alteil Horizens with a kickstarter failure? Worst case scenario that aforementioned being the case, then why be so miserly with the cards? I suspect most of the funding thus far is from current users like myself-would be great if I am wrong......past experience tells us that with extreme amount of patience and determined spending then at the once a year black friday event you can acquire the cards at near recycle cost. Why not go all out and have funding levels based on card acquisition? Maybe offer fixed cost per set as well - i would have bought the last 2 sets if it was a black and white spend x dollars get y set. Say if 3 cards in a set prices out at $120 dollars and there are say 12 sets then at $5000 funding it doesn't really make any sense the backer doesn't get all the past cards.

AD

Ps. If you say you are going to do something then it has to be done- especially in business where your integrity is on the line. Otherwise people lose faith in you and won't support you in the future despite how great your product is. Case in point, and it is trivial but I am still awaiting the release of the commemorative turkey card from the hand drawing event.

BTW - Horizons looks awesome.
Nought's had, all's spent, Where our desire is got without content;'Tis safer to be that which we destroy Than by destruction dwell in doubtful joy.

Ne Obliviscaris
AngelicDeath

Postby wakka9ca » Tue Sep 10, 2013 10:18 am

AngelicDeath wrote:First, Auction House being a stretch goal is bad-really bad. People want the opportunity to trade for what they need to make a deck and feel "worth" in their purchases. If the game had active trading it would be more attractive to new users.

Logress already said in the comments that Auction House will be implemented no matter if the stretch goal is reached or not.

The problem with Alteil is that the online TCG market is somewhat saturated with a lot of small niche communities. Not to mention that TCG itself is VERY niche. Out of my friends many are gamers but few are active TCG players. Sure, I know a lot of MTG players but none of them will be willing to spend money on an online TCG when they already have MTG and MTGO to use their money for. This results in actually no offline friends I know that play or would even want to play Alteil. The only reaction I can get is a passive "nice and neat idea, great-sounding game but not gonna play". It's very hard to make them excited about the game ...

I think that's the main weakness of the campaign. I think we need some serious more incentives for new players. I have the impression the new players are "lost" in the description of the project, which to me is still too targeted towards existing playerbase. Same thing for the rewards. Only existing playerbase know what the card does and what the value is. It sounds too complex and intimidating for a casual gamer.

How about upload a video of a good Alteil Horizons match with commentary? So that people can see what a match look like? Do we have the rules engine already up?
wakka9ca

PreviousNext

Return to Alteil General Discussion