Kickstarter is up

Everything that doesn't go anywhere else.

Re: Kickstarter is up

Postby gabotheplaya » Thu Sep 12, 2013 10:15 pm

Since this thread is getting some views...

Here to recruit for the WIKI!

http://alteilwiki.net23.net/wiki/index.php/Main_Page

Plan is to get it up asap so that people who need more structured game info can peak into it and get the min-maxers rolling.

I'm just a content input guy... project manager is dfmchfhf.

I'm looking for help for the Skill Mechanics page(s), i've seen the lot of you talk shizz about the return mechanic... WRITE IT HERE! (also SP acceleration, SP denial, buffing, debuffing, etc etc.)

Also looking for someone willing to adapt the forum guides to the wiki, its more of a format thing rather than copy-paste since its better to have them follow a set template.

No need to apply, just hop on and start rolling.

How is this related to the Kickstarter you might ask?

well, the videos they are releasing about game mechanics are short and spaced out... we are cutting ahead and getting people interested immediately.

Hope to see more people on the wiki! :D
ImageImage
gabotheplaya

Postby wakka9ca » Thu Sep 12, 2013 10:30 pm

Once the wiki is a bit more populated it can be advertised from the KS update hopefully.

Also I hope this wiki will be maintained and not die out like the older one.

Also, dfmchfhf's card list should be integrated with the wiki. I think having a card filter is also useful.
wakka9ca

Postby Saorin » Sat Sep 14, 2013 12:52 pm

I know I'm repeating myself, but...

What about paypal? I know there was talk about issues with the refund in case the project fails, but I won't be resorting to those "backdoors" Logress posted. That is still kinda weird to me.

You should just consider that there IS a European target group of gamers who might want to contribute - and we Europeans are not actually as credit card-dependent as the Americans are, which is why many don't have one.

Edit: Okay, sorry, I should have phrased that differently: is paypal only going to be implemented AFTER the kickstarter goal has been reached?
Image Image
Saorin

Postby Spears » Sat Sep 14, 2013 1:11 pm

Saorin wrote:You should just consider that there IS a European target group of gamers who might want to contribute - and we Europeans are not actually as credit card-dependent as the Americans are, which is why many don't have one.

You dont necessarily need a credit card, I have previously paid for kickstarter with a visa debit card.
Spears

Postby wakka9ca » Sat Sep 14, 2013 5:08 pm

I think we need to reach the Kickstarter goals first before they can release the PayPal option.

Like I said before, I still think the speed of the current funding is way too slow. I know it's only 1.5 week but we need to revitalize it more. Once the 95$ special ran out, the speed dipped dramatically.

This weekend is probably going to be busy for some of the staff members because of different events though. Hopefully we can get more influx of backers after these events
wakka9ca

Postby Romdeau » Sat Sep 14, 2013 11:17 pm

Paypal carries too much risk for us now. If we have more momentum or are close to reaching our goal, we will probably introduce a PayPal option.
Romdeau

Postby Romdeau » Sun Sep 15, 2013 5:19 pm

Logress et. al got Horizons added to Steam's Greenlight project here for more exposure: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f ... =178907453
Romdeau

Postby wakka9ca » Sun Sep 15, 2013 10:01 pm

So *potentially* this game can run under Steamworks then...

That is only if the KS is successful AND it can get greenlit on Steam. However, while I am not holding my breath for the latter, you never know...
wakka9ca

Postby Callonia » Sun Sep 15, 2013 11:10 pm

Honestly? I think the kickstarter is successful, I didn't think it was gonna break 20k. Only like 10 hours left or less if whoever guy's office is on the east coast.
Callonia

Postby wakka9ca » Sun Sep 15, 2013 11:25 pm

Callonia wrote:Honestly? I think the kickstarter is successful, I didn't think it was gonna break 20k. Only like 10 hours left or less if whoever guy's office is on the east coast.

I am more or less confident we can get the Kickstarter. What I am not sure is the Steam Greenlit. For now it seems just as a way of advertising the game more. I'm not sure we will ever get a real Steamworks integration.
wakka9ca

PreviousNext

Return to Alteil General Discussion