was this intended for Janus's nerf

Everything that doesn't go anywhere else.

was this intended for Janus's nerf

Postby monkeysmiles11 » Mon Sep 16, 2013 11:06 pm

So by changing janus's attack up to a start skill as made alot of unique problems that other lycans don't deal with. For starters if janus is engaged during the night through something like a rasam Soul, when he refreshes he does no damage since he never activated his start. thus they continue to hit him and drain my sp so I can't even play any more cards, i lose field control because janus does absolutely nothing in that situation. In EN if eskatia's agl was to go down for something like elite fencer or something similar causing janus to activate before she does he not only does 0 damage on refess but both his attacks will also do 0.

The main problem with this nerf is it really does nothing for the sphere that has problems against it which is gowen and just furthers the already problematic spheres for janus (falkow and lawita. So if this nerf was to make playing janus excruciatingly unbearable to play against falkow that people would stop using it so gowen players (rare as they are) wouldn't have to worry, then congrats. Cause to me this nerf just seems to cater to falkow which my janus file lost to plenty of times befor the nerf. Gowen still gets slaughtered by janus so it didn't help them any.

So it looks to me like lycan files are once again stuck to the lvl 2's complete with sphere drain and sin souls cause apparently that wasn't overpowered
monkeysmiles11

Re: was this intended for Janus's nerf

Postby Icyglare » Mon Sep 16, 2013 11:22 pm

That happened before with me and Belphegor where if Eskatia's agi was lower than Belphegor, he's just an SP draining lv3, which gets worse if hit by Sergis because now it's just a 10hp thing without attack.
For a large amount of various Alteil Replays, try youtube link

<-- http://www.youtube.com/AlteilReplays -->

CEM guild brah!
Icyglare

Postby Khiruki » Mon Sep 16, 2013 11:51 pm

I'm pretty sure that was the intended result. I also totally agree that it didn't really help Gowen, who was the one actually getting solo'd by Janus. (And or duo'd with Nue)
ImageImage
Khiruki

Postby monkeysmiles11 » Mon Sep 16, 2013 11:58 pm

It really sounds to me like falkow was whining that there was a unit they HAD to return, facing falkow with janus now is a joke, i feel like i'm being wedged into playing files with return mechanics cause apparently that is the only opness allowed heaven forbid there are fields that could actually overcome this precious mechanic better nerf it, wha1? gowen still as problems against it, meh too bad ugrant anf falkow dilate files are safe now.
monkeysmiles11

Postby Icyglare » Tue Sep 17, 2013 12:15 am

??? Wasn't your complaint centered around Rasam SS and Elite Fencer? I thought Falkow had an easy time with Janus even before the nerf with LV3 Return.
For a large amount of various Alteil Replays, try youtube link

<-- http://www.youtube.com/AlteilReplays -->

CEM guild brah!
Icyglare

Postby Icyman2 » Tue Sep 17, 2013 12:56 am

Derp
Congrats monkeysmiles on hitting the bull's eye. Everything you've posted (including speculation) was true, at least in my mind.
As for the question, it was intended. Also hotly debated.
Icyman2

Postby monkeysmiles11 » Tue Sep 17, 2013 12:59 am

That is my point, a sphere with engage mechanics and agl manipulation really hurts janus as he is now, a sphere that already had return mechanics as an answer, I can overcome returns sometimes but now with janus skill as a start skill...its not really even worth playing a good sum of files if a falkow sphere level is increases. So its scraped for now. Way too many support cards needed for a unit that no longer pays off from the space sacrificed in the file.

* for that matter if he was so OP to start with why had I NEVER ran into him outside of the starter file? I never ran into a match that I feared I was going to backlash.
monkeysmiles11

Postby Icyman2 » Tue Sep 17, 2013 1:20 am

Falkow fanboys complained and flipped a frustrating matchup for an equally frustrating matchup for the other player. And nerfed a good starter card so that people can be frustrated and spend money. Derp.
Icyman2

Postby NitroDino » Tue Sep 17, 2013 3:34 am

You know playing Janus in an arena where you have access to all cards is different compared to Horizon Basics, imagine fighting EN without Tidal or Rasam ss and you drop Janus endgame when your opponent spend Returns on the lvl2 Lycans. The nerf was for Horizon Basic and not a falkow conspiracy.
NitroDino

Postby worthing » Tue Sep 17, 2013 4:50 am

Just play level 2 EN and win every game
worthing

Next

Return to Alteil General Discussion