was this intended for Janus's nerf

Everything that doesn't go anywhere else.

Re: was this intended for Janus's nerf

Postby monkeysmiles11 » Tue Sep 17, 2013 9:03 am

NitroDino wrote:You know playing Janus in an arena where you have access to all cards is different compared to Horizon Basics, imagine fighting EN without Tidal or Rasam ss and you drop Janus endgame when your opponent spend Returns on the lvl2 Lycans. The nerf was for Horizon Basic and not a falkow conspiracy.

I never saw janus played with lvl 2 lycans, mostly because lvl 2 lycans does not need janus, even with the current janus in a situation where there are no more returns or engage effects at end game he'd couldn't be stopped anyways, but by that time EN support may be all gone. The thing is Janus is not and end game unit, if you plan to use him at his fullest then you need 3 janus, 3 eskatia, 3 EX nightwalker, 3 succubus. That is 12 card slots your sacrificing for one unit so it needed to deliver, so the moment janus fails is when the file fails. now carrying any other lycan is too riky with janus drain and other lawt lvl three units can't really make up for all the slot investment
monkeysmiles11

Postby NitroDino » Tue Sep 17, 2013 9:59 am

You need to imagine it in Horizon Basic format where some lvl2 Lycans won't be available and you will have space for Janus. For example if Fierte is banned in Horizon you could run Janus because you would have more sp at your disposal. Btw you don't need to run other lvl3 lycans you could try out Moonlight Warrior which is a solid night unit that doesn't drain SP on close.
NitroDino

Postby Icyman2 » Tue Sep 17, 2013 6:07 pm

Yes, you should try a unit that is also affected by the same tricks. Now instead of just disabling janus with rasam or fencer, you get to disrupt 2.
Icyman2

Postby GonFreeces31 » Thu Sep 19, 2013 7:13 am

Icyman2 wrote:Falkow fanboys complained and flipped a frustrating matchup for an equally frustrating matchup for the other player. And nerfed a good starter card so that people can be frustrated and spend money. Derp.

:(
The True Hero / Callonia
GonFreeces31

Postby Icyman2 » Fri Sep 20, 2013 12:26 am

Literately what happened. When was the last time a starter card was nerfed that wasn't for balancing the spheres?
Icyman2

Postby Icyglare » Fri Sep 20, 2013 8:47 am

I thought you were being sarcastic and was joking but you weren't???
For a large amount of various Alteil Replays, try youtube link

<-- http://www.youtube.com/AlteilReplays -->

CEM guild brah!
Icyglare

Postby Scientiafide » Fri Sep 20, 2013 10:09 am

NitroDino wrote:You know playing Janus in an arena where you have access to all cards is different compared to Horizon Basics, imagine fighting EN without Tidal or Rasam ss and you drop Janus endgame when your opponent spend Returns on the lvl2 Lycans. The nerf was for Horizon Basic and not a falkow conspiracy.

So why not wait until horizons is actually released?

Scientiafide

Postby WhiteDragon2 » Sat Sep 21, 2013 7:02 pm

Icyglare wrote:I thought you were being sarcastic and was joking but you weren't???

I thought the same thing, does falkow really need help against janus? :shock:
"Truly, if there is evil in this world, it lies within the heart of mankind.'
WhiteDragon2

Postby Callonia » Sat Sep 21, 2013 10:43 pm

WhiteDragon2 wrote:
Icyglare wrote:I thought you were being sarcastic and was joking but you weren't???

Yes because anything that gives falkow trouble is nerfed right into the ground :3

While anything that helps falkow maintain their top rp is protected like return etc.
Callonia

Postby Anima13 » Tue Sep 24, 2013 4:51 am

Callonia wrote:
WhiteDragon2 wrote:

Yes because anything that gives falkow trouble is nerfed right into the ground :3

While anything that helps falkow maintain their top rp is protected like return etc.

Whats with all this falkow conspirancy? all you need in lawtia is some dmg and decent sp drain and falkow is dead anyway. sorry if you havent figured it out yet. As long shade and the other sp drain mechanisms are not touched there is no need for lawtia rush to fear falkow.
What the nerf actually accomplish now is that you think twice before creating a rush where you overly rely on one unit(janus), and that you will less likely play janus early game powpowing the enemyfield to the ground without them having a chance.
What the nerf accomplish in the horizon environment is something I can't judge until its there .
Anima13

PreviousNext

Return to Alteil General Discussion