Kickstarter Ideas

Everything that doesn't go anywhere else.

Kickstarter Ideas

Postby angelspawns » Sun Sep 22, 2013 9:30 am

Despite the fact i can't participate in the kickstarter due to not owning a creditcard (or have easy access to debet card), i do follow the kickstarter comments closely. I want this to happen. I want to know what peoples doubts are for participating, and come up with ways to lift those roadblocks.

First we must map the concerns. (this is prone to updates with YOUR input, so please help)
1) unfamiliar with gameplay
2) unfamiliar with the name Alteil/Apocoplay
3) sceptical about the CpC
4) sceptical about balance
5) unfamiliar with the kickstarter rewards

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
And this will be the interesting part of the thread. The ideas to solve these issues. (once again, prone to updates with your input)
1) unfamiliar with gameplay
- Logress gameplay videos
- Gameplay mention in various articles
NEW IDEAS
- Free trial accounts: For the duration of the kickstarter, new players get access to a free trial account. Contains 3 premade fileslots to take into the arena, aswell as access to all cards for experimenting purposes.

2) unfamiliar with the name Alteil/Apocoplay
- Articles on major sites
- Cooperation with various famous Artists
- Players "mouth to mouth" on different forums/media
- Steam acceptance
NEW IDEAS
- More concrete info from the management. I don't get a clear vision of what Apocoplay is about.
Views on card distribution.
Views about player input (about erratas? suggestions?)
Views on player interaction (will there be guilds? co-op? live chat and help in battles? mentors?)
Whats the Apocoplay vision; how do they view the relation between them and players, and players amongst eachother.
- Launch an art competition on art forums. Go to major artsites.

3) sceptical about the CpC
NEW IDEAS
- Answer clearly how to get cards. How far a free player is suposed to get with just time invested. Whats reasonable to get for 1 week worth of playing.
- Allow players to give cards from their own cardpool as rewards for player created battle/campaign/tourney/challenges. Think of setting your own treasure battle card and winconditions for the other to get it.
- Mention the challenge reward system. Name more ideas then underdog/starter challenges with its invisioned rewards.

4) sceptical about balance
- Talk about the rotation system.
NEW IDEAS
- Weekly errata of a card(s). Small cardpool errata's, focussed on letting those cards see more play.
- Regulair surveys.
- Global Beta testing, 2 weeks before the official set release all (kickstarter?)premium members gain access to the Set.

5) unfamiliar with the kickstarter rewards
angelspawns

Re: Kickstarter Ideas

Postby wakka9ca » Sun Sep 22, 2013 2:22 pm

Also a major problem:

Kickstarter is usually seen as an outlet for new ideas of projects.

The way Alteil Horizons promoted itself suggests that the game is already more or less done. This is partially true because it's a reboot of an existing game and the mechanics are the same. This deters a lot of backers who usually only back new ideas. Also, I believe Alteil Horizons is kinda walking on very iffy ground as KS is not supposed to be an outlet to sell products, but to sell ideas. Clearly, the distinction is very arbitrary.

I think you need to emphasize more on how you can get all the cards for free players much easier. Also, the KS rewards at the higher tiers are not that great. Otherwise, at least more existing players would support it by going higher tier. Then again, be careful that KS is not supposed to be an outlet to sell products.
wakka9ca

Return to Alteil General Discussion