Kickstarter is up

Everything that doesn't go anywhere else.

Re: Does anyone think Kickstarter is going to make it?

Postby Romdeau » Sun Sep 22, 2013 6:53 pm

kirk22 wrote:
Spears wrote:Where is the incentive to kickstart something that's going to suck more of your money using an archaic cost per content ratio.

You do realize one of the things they've said over and over and over again is that there changing that right?

I know you guys are frustrated, but please-the information is out there. Read it. The CpC is not going to be the same, we are going to improve it by a significant margin.
Romdeau

Re: Kickstarter is up

Postby Romdeau » Sun Sep 22, 2013 6:55 pm

Ary wrote:i think that people who haven't heard of alteil before will try the game first, before they decide to back it.
May be having more people to play at the crest arena will help a bit. :?:

That's what we're trying to do, ask some of your anime/fantasy/card game/turn based rpg friends to try it.
Romdeau

Postby wakka9ca » Sun Sep 22, 2013 7:03 pm

Romdeau wrote:
kirk22 wrote:
Spears wrote:Where is the incentive to kickstart something that's going to suck more of your money using an archaic cost per content ratio.

You do realize one of the things they've said over and over and over again is that there changing that right?

I know you guys are frustrated, but please-the information is out there. Read it. The CpC is not going to be the same, we are going to improve it by a significant margin.

I think you have to highlight this more in the KS page (or better: update) so that backers can explicitly know why is it going to be better and how it compares to other online F2P TCG/CCG. I have faith it's gonna be better but I have the impression it's not getting communicated clearly to the backers and those not familiar with the game but wary of F2P+CCG
wakka9ca

Postby Romdeau » Sun Sep 22, 2013 7:10 pm

I mean this post by Logress pretty much sums it up. Just control+F "Logress" on the comments and you find it.
Sean E Molyneaux on Sep 8
Hey Dan, it's been years!
Thank you for taking the time look us up again. It's nice to see one of our original community leaders! You've always cared a lot about Alteil, its direction and it's future and I see that hasn't changed.
The first Alteil went through quite a roller coaster since you left, I was holding on in various roles (English language localizer, GM, game manager, developer), it was passed between three companies and finally got my chance to get the license myself (I was waiting for my chance to strike, so to speak).
We were happy to have the opportunity to address the card availability with an extensive series of fully playable pre-built decks (most available for $5 on launch) and replace Mirage Master with free cards on your first duel per day. We also added 'Triple Changers' cards that turn any card you own into 3 copies (permanently). But even though the response was very good, to me, these all felt like band-aids. I wanted to have a chance to revamp things from the ground up with a total re-launch, and that is one of my primary motivators for going the Kickstarter route for a sequel.
Have you had a chance to drop by the old site and take a look at my message to the exiting players?
http://www.alteil.com/index.php/compone ... ter-launch
I go into some detail into differences between Alteil 1 and Alteil Horizons that will be of interest to those who've played the first one. The card collecting system and economy, first designed in the early 2000's, are being rebooted completely by the US team to fall in line with modern American games. If you're on old player, that is definitely the place to start for any info.
As for the Auction house, I'm going to let you in on a little secret... we're pretty much going to do it no matter what. The problem is that this not something to take lightly, it requires dedicated game designers to make sure that it's fair to everyone. The stretch goal will give us the money to assign that project it's own team and make sure it's done right. If we don't make the stretch goal, we'll be focusing on it after we've prepared all the core elements for launch and get it done in a few months.
If you have any more specific questions, don't hesitate to ask. I check the Messages section on this kickstarter page, or email me directly at logress@apocoplay.com
--Logress
Romdeau

Postby wakka9ca » Sun Sep 22, 2013 7:15 pm

Romdeau wrote:I mean this post by Logress pretty much sums it up. Just control+F "Logress" on the comments and you find it.
Sean E Molyneaux on Sep 8
Hey Dan, it's been years!
Thank you for taking the time look us up again. It's nice to see one of our original community leaders! You've always cared a lot about Alteil, its direction and it's future and I see that hasn't changed.
The first Alteil went through quite a roller coaster since you left, I was holding on in various roles (English language localizer, GM, game manager, developer), it was passed between three companies and finally got my chance to get the license myself (I was waiting for my chance to strike, so to speak).
We were happy to have the opportunity to address the card availability with an extensive series of fully playable pre-built decks (most available for $5 on launch) and replace Mirage Master with free cards on your first duel per day. We also added 'Triple Changers' cards that turn any card you own into 3 copies (permanently). But even though the response was very good, to me, these all felt like band-aids. I wanted to have a chance to revamp things from the ground up with a total re-launch, and that is one of my primary motivators for going the Kickstarter route for a sequel.
Have you had a chance to drop by the old site and take a look at my message to the exiting players?
http://www.alteil.com/index.php/compone ... ter-launch
I go into some detail into differences between Alteil 1 and Alteil Horizons that will be of interest to those who've played the first one. The card collecting system and economy, first designed in the early 2000's, are being rebooted completely by the US team to fall in line with modern American games. If you're on old player, that is definitely the place to start for any info.
As for the Auction house, I'm going to let you in on a little secret... we're pretty much going to do it no matter what. The problem is that this not something to take lightly, it requires dedicated game designers to make sure that it's fair to everyone. The stretch goal will give us the money to assign that project it's own team and make sure it's done right. If we don't make the stretch goal, we'll be focusing on it after we've prepared all the core elements for launch and get it done in a few months.
If you have any more specific questions, don't hesitate to ask. I check the Messages section on this kickstarter page, or email me directly at logress@apocoplay.com
--Logress

Yes, I know that. I mean you need to explain it on the main KS page or through an official update. This is because not everyone read all the comments (unlike us).
wakka9ca

Postby Spears » Sun Sep 22, 2013 7:38 pm

kirk22 wrote:

Yes.
Alteil has exhausted my faith, statements like "The CpC is not going to be the same, we are going to improve it by a significant margin." are fairly subjective.

I like this game, I hate spending money on this game.

My biggest issue with alteil is that handing over money guarantees sod all, this (and to some extent all) kickstarter is just an extension of that.

Must have retyped this 5 times now, perhaps im looking at this the wrong way. On pure cpc alteil is dead in the water, there needs to be something else here to draw people in but its not balance, presentation, community management or well anything really.

There is a ton of games out there looking for funding from people who haven't already made me regret giving them money, honestly why would I back this?

Ninja replies: I referred to that comment in my original post, where is the content i have missed? I don't care for some washy comments, so maybe the kickstarter is not for me.

I do want you to succeed, I don't think the kickstarter you are presenting deserves to.
Spears

Postby Ropey » Mon Sep 23, 2013 7:46 am

No I don't think it will make it, but what happens then?
"My mind is not for rent to any god or government"

ImageImageImage
Ropey

Postby SexytaryMeow » Mon Sep 23, 2013 9:17 am

Ropey wrote:No I don't think it will make it, but what happens then?

They will shutdown the lights :< and I hope that will not happen.
SexytaryMeow

Postby NitroDino » Mon Sep 23, 2013 9:58 am

SexytaryMeow wrote:
Ropey wrote:No I don't think it will make it, but what happens then?

They will shutdown the lights :< and I hope that will not happen.

Nope...

If the kickstarter fails horizon will still be released, but slower...
NitroDino

Postby iambad » Mon Sep 23, 2013 1:09 pm

I am with spears in my thoughts, I actually regret making purchases in this game more then any other game, even the bad ones and the one's I have yet to play. Because at the end of the day my purchase of those games retain some value in a market in addition to whatever enjoyment I get out of them or I own the right to play that game whenever I choose. This game very may well go away, and any money I spent on it goes away with it with no return other than the satisfaction in knowing my money helped it while I played it and my enjoyment while I played. I like the game, but I also like 100's of games I have on steam for 1/10th of what I have spent on here and no continuing costs to stay competitive. Even the new model, albeit in a MUCH better state, is still a model I am no longer going to support because over the long term I don't think it will be sustainable especially with competition from some of the bigger players like blizzard who, quit frankly, are offering a higher quality, more balanced, polished product for much less money, less risk, and less hassle.

But I still backed this project out of some weird loyalty I feel for this game, and the principle of putting money where my mouth is. I mean I hope it does well, but I just don't see it the way it is currently being done. You can only have a few crazy people willing to spend thousands of dollars on this game, at some point you have to cater to the average person who doesn't like to waste money.
iambad

PreviousNext

Return to Alteil General Discussion