Kickstarter is up

Everything that doesn't go anywhere else.

Re: Does anyone think Kickstarter is going to make it?

Postby GOSCAR » Mon Sep 23, 2013 2:10 pm

My question is why can't cpc change right now?

Why must we put blind faith into a system that has repeatedly let us down?

You want us to have some faith show us some incentive other than your lose words. Change some of it little by little. Till then I am done supporting this sinking ship.
One does not play alteil the way they want. -Gon

False Slash- Rom
GOSCAR

Postby angelspawns » Mon Sep 23, 2013 2:58 pm

I don't feel the buyers remorse like you guys. I don't regret the Ex cards i never use nor the Gold Packs that turned out useless. I knew the risks and i spend what i felt i could miss at that time?
I had many satisfying purchases. There are however 2 times i regret and blame Alteil management for: my first normal 'booster' pack & Lucky 777 BOX. (that turned out way worse then the 777 packs(=false advertising) in terms of # rarity and recyclevalue) Dispite those I still enjoy my collection up to this day.

But i do acknowledge this isn't everybodies view. I actually "threw a tantrum" about the CpC before kickstarter launch, and how it needs to change before i'd consider supporting. Still seeing the normal packs in the shop is an eyesore. My views on what a free player should be able to obtain for his/her time invested seems to differ aswell. More then vague promises i'd like to see concrete answers regarding this.
angelspawns

Postby Romdeau » Mon Sep 23, 2013 3:15 pm

So there are a couple of things that might happen if the kickstarter doesn't pan out. Remember, the primary reason we're running this is to tackle one of our biggest problems right now: getting new players and retaining them. We have outlined a lot of new features to be expected in Horizons (including a new business model that Logress has discussed) because people tend to get excited about a bunch of changes happening at once, not a change happening once a month for 12 months in a row. Now it would be ideal if we could get the funding because we'd be able to launch sooner and with more financial security. If we don't have that, there's a buisness proposal that Logress and his partners are considering from the suits in Japan to obtain funding. Failing that, we probably postpone work on Alteil for about 6 months and save up the money from other jobs.

So no, even if this kickstarter doesn't reach it's financial goal it doesn't mean Horizons isn't happening-it's just another challenge for us to overcome.

Also regarding "specifics" about the new economic model...would you want to outline specific details about your unreleased product to business competitors? We're in a niche market with big names like Blizzard backing their own products and interests. I'm not implying Blizzard would rip off our ideas, but you have to understand the reservation that Logress might have. He has already discussed the core set and how the Horizons project will make collecting much easier for both new and veteran players alike. While the auction house is listed as a stretch goal, it's actually considered a core goal; however to achieve it, we will need to hire a dedicated team of designers just to work solely on that. That is gonna cost money, and if we don't get the funding for it, it will probably be released 4-6 months after Horizons is officially launched. However if we get the funding from Kickstarter, we can probably launch it simultaneously or shortly after the official launch.
Romdeau

Postby GOSCAR » Mon Sep 23, 2013 4:01 pm

Way to miss the point completely Rom. I'm not saying to show your hand, just enough I to show it's not a bluff. Till then, this company is just empty promises.
One does not play alteil the way they want. -Gon

False Slash- Rom
GOSCAR

Postby Icyglare » Mon Sep 23, 2013 5:49 pm

Maybe not with that analogy, imagine actually playing Poker and someone saying, "I want to know that you are not bluffing but don't show me your cards".

but I get what you mean. Alright now, all we can ever do is just wait like we did before, in the meantime enjoy the game or enjoy other games till then.
For a large amount of various Alteil Replays, try youtube link

<-- http://www.youtube.com/AlteilReplays -->

CEM guild brah!
Icyglare

Postby Harterial2 » Mon Sep 23, 2013 7:25 pm

I think a visual and game engine update is just what Alteil needed. I always wanted to introduce the game to others but the sluggish, visually outdated interface prevented a lot of them from actually starting the game. I hope the new interface is speedier than the current one.

On that note, my only qualm about the Kickstarter is about the videos. They need a higher resolution and could show off a lot of other flashy effects. More game play clips would help so much, even if they just showed off some action/start/auto skills. In the current state, the resolution is bad enough that the viewer can't really discern the text and what's going on.

Super excited about Horizons, and I think it has a lot of potential! Been playing the game free for many years now (on 4 accounts lvl 120+, but I forgot my forum account pwd) but I'm backing Horizons. With the right public exposure it could really take off.
Harterial2

Re: Kickstarter is up

Postby Callonia » Tue Sep 24, 2013 3:51 am

37k? Mah mind asplodes.

And harterial.... if you had four accounts at lvl 120+ then u should know that there isn't really any text to look at unless you're mousing over the card for few seconds xD Even then the text is pretty small?

But i agree, showing the buffs is cool, make the video show fieldwide buffs xD
Callonia

Postby Spears » Tue Sep 24, 2013 7:20 am

Romdeau wrote:Also regarding "specifics" about the new economic model...would you want to outline specific details about your unreleased product to business competitors?

Of course not. But if you want people to back you so you can improve your product, you need to prove how you are going to build upon your biggest weakness.
Spears

Postby cheongzewei » Tue Sep 24, 2013 9:50 am

Romdeau wrote:Also regarding "specifics" about the new economic model...would you want to outline specific details about your unreleased product to business competitors? We're in a niche market with big names like Blizzard backing their own products and interests.

YES! Yes I damn well will. Why? Because there's seriously nothing to hide in here. Hiding always imply bad and we've already seen blizzard's hearthstone pricing model. I think we can also safely and quickly view at the pricing models of other sucessful kickstarter tcgs (but.... i'm to lazy to check)
Perfect 9
ImageImage
cheongzewei

Re: Kickstarter is up

Postby wakka9ca » Tue Sep 24, 2013 10:20 am

cheongzewei wrote:
Romdeau wrote:Also regarding "specifics" about the new economic model...would you want to outline specific details about your unreleased product to business competitors? We're in a niche market with big names like Blizzard backing their own products and interests.

YES! Yes I damn well will. Why? Because there's seriously nothing to hide in here. Hiding always imply bad and we've already seen blizzard's hearthstone pricing model. I think we can also safely and quickly view at the pricing models of other sucessful kickstarter tcgs (but.... i'm to lazy to check)

Well, unless Logress has a really brilliant pricing model that will revolutionize the entire online F2P+CCG/TCG genre. That might be why it's so vague and mysterious. In that case, he might be very reluctant to reveal it... However, this is a chicken and the egg problem. By not revealing it, less people would be interested/motivated. By revealing it, there is a risk that other games would copy it and steal the player base (honestly at this point there is nothing much to steal from...).

However, judging by the popularity of SolForge and Hex in their kickstarter campaign and the Hearthstone initiative, I honestly don't think Alteil has anything to lose. You have to go all out and aggressive. This is not the time to be conservative.
wakka9ca

PreviousNext

Return to Alteil General Discussion