Swordgirls TCG

TCG's

Re: Swordgirls TCG

Postby Deag » Sun Jul 15, 2012 9:05 pm

Also switched to playing poker for now.
Deag

Postby skillll7 » Fri Sep 07, 2012 1:34 am

Sword Girls is terrible. Simply terrible. Not only is it a really, really luck-based game (more so than any other card game I've ever seen, barring standard 52 card deck games like Poker), but it is also heavily influenced by the rarities of your cards, where rarer cards are just blatantly better. The craft system makes it feel like it takes months just to get a rare card, and the accessories are annoying to get, especially since exploring in those areas takes tokens to buy, which I believe you can't get any other way than paying and is also what you use for buying from boosters. Getting the materials from fighting makes it feel like a grind game, and you need to do it a whole lot just to get any kind of success, even for crafting more common cards.

Not to mention that the art of the cards is, simply put, bland. Even Visfarix, who was enthusiastic about the "Girls" part of Sword Girls said the same. When you keep seeing the same things (in this case, fanservice) over and over again, you get desensitized and it doesn't really feel that special anymore. Seriously, there's no variety in this aspect. Everywhere, you either see big boobs, loli girls or the high school girls deal. This is most likely their marketing strategy, but I can barely see anyone except creepy old people tolerating this.

Sorry about this rant, I just felt the need to vent myself.

TL;DR Sword Girls = not for me. I wish it disappears and I never wasted my time with it.
Cute dog too cute...
skillll7

Postby Peralisc9001 » Fri Sep 07, 2012 7:43 am

Well instead of taking care to have deeper strategy they only took care of stopping animation speed up through browser functions, the speed WHICH IS MANDATORY for that bloody game.

If they finally add the animation speed up function, then the games becomes playable again. Until then it's really unplayable, since you don't interact with the cards like in other card games, it's all automatic and brainless.

It being automatic isn't the problem. If the speed of the game would be greatly increased (maybe animations turned off) then the only issue that would remain is the fact that you see the same cards played over and over again! At least in other card games there is faction restriction and you see more variety, even then a bit repetitive.
~ Retired ~
perhaps until the game is actually improved through change or perhaps forever since there are so damn many other games and better things to do @_@
http://www.educatinghumanity.com/2012/0 ... anies.html
Peralisc9001

Postby kawaiido » Fri Sep 07, 2012 9:42 pm

skillll7 wrote:Sword Girls is terrible. Simply terrible. Not only is it a really, really luck-based game (more so than any other card game I've ever seen, barring standard 52 card deck games like Poker), but it is also heavily influenced by the rarities of your cards, where rarer cards are just blatantly better. The craft system makes it feel like it takes months just to get a rare card, and the accessories are annoying to get, especially since exploring in those areas takes tokens to buy, which I believe you can't get any other way than paying and is also what you use for buying from boosters. Getting the materials from fighting makes it feel like a grind game, and you need to do it a whole lot just to get any kind of success, even for crafting more common cards..

I WAS a rider on the Sword Girls bandwagon because of my contempt of Alteil at the time (I'm STILL ticked off at it and it has yet to regain my favor) but Sword Girls is the pits. I've stopped playing it for some time now cause of the INSANE crafting requirements, insane pricing and just utter unsatisfactory gameplay.
Just some blog of mine on games...
Ithaldir talking about pancakes wrote:I guess hatin' on breakfast is what the cool kids are doing now.
kawaiido

Postby Callonia » Sat Sep 28, 2013 5:49 am

SGO shutting down next month.

I.
Callonia

Postby hexagram » Tue Oct 01, 2013 4:39 am

Callonia wrote:SGO shutting down next month.

I.

Players should recommend alteil to them in their forum or chat. Chances are they will be interested as they already play a niche TCG game. Also tell them that alteil has been running for over 5/10 years and is still going strong.

We could always do with more players. Even if it is only temporary and I am sure a good porportion will stay atleast for a good amount of time or games.

'Don't worry be happy' Bob Marley
Too much negatively be happy and :)

Also new guys Worthings starter replays Remember use starter switcher at lvl10 to get all 4 starters

free player till level 190. If I can do it so can you.
hexagram

Postby Callonia » Thu Oct 03, 2013 5:20 am

I switched to Valkyrie Crusade already but I'd never forget Eisenwane.
Callonia

Previous

Return to Zugateroza's Crypt