Kickstarter is up

Everything that doesn't go anywhere else.

Re: Kickstarter is up

Postby Icyglare » Sun Sep 29, 2013 2:39 am

cheongzewei wrote:let me ask you something...
is practice without rewards fun?

Yes, there are people out there who play video games for fun and not for trophies, achievements, or an extra cow on their farm.
For a large amount of various Alteil Replays, try youtube link

<-- http://www.youtube.com/AlteilReplays -->

CEM guild brah!
Icyglare

Postby cheongzewei » Sun Sep 29, 2013 3:56 am

those same people spend less then US 30 annually in steam sales for 6, 20 hours games.

We're not targeting those people.
Perfect 9
ImageImage
cheongzewei

Postby kirk22 » Sun Sep 29, 2013 1:57 pm

cheongzewei wrote:those same people spend less then US 30 annually in steam sales for 6, 20 hours games.

We're not targeting those people.

Yes, we are. We're targeting any all possible players. If you haven't noticed, we have **** retention. We need every player we can get. Regardless of whether or not they end up becoming paying players.

Also, why should you be rewarded for playing against the NPC's? No risk, no reward.
ImageImage
kirk22

Postby Muklas » Sun Sep 29, 2013 2:35 pm

Because if you don't get any sense of progress while playing then you stop playing.
Ha ha, I'm using the shaving foams!
Muklas

Postby tropireno » Sun Sep 29, 2013 10:40 pm

Is it just me or is that new Knight Captain art ugly as hell?
tropireno

Postby Callonia » Mon Sep 30, 2013 1:58 am

I play against npcs all the time it's called rpgs. There's no reward in it. ;zagar
Callonia

Postby cheongzewei » Mon Sep 30, 2013 4:39 am

Callonia wrote:I play against npcs all the time it's called rpgs. There's no reward in it. ;zagar

Silly Callonia.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Role-playing_game

A game in which players assume the roles of characters in a fictional setting. Players take responsibility for acting out these roles within a narrative.......

A rpg game is not an online card game (without trading). You ARE getting rewarded when you play against npcs. You get story progression.

tropireno wrote:Is it just me or is that new Knight Captain art ugly as hell?

I don't think it's ugly as hell, but i don't like it. Give us a female knight captain though, and you'll hear my words changing.

kirk22 wrote:Yes, we are. We're targeting any all possible players. If you haven't noticed, we have **** retention.

And we have **** retention because we're not targeting those people :D (those people being people whom play casually AND all possible players)
And I've seen nothing in kickstarter that shows that we are.

Don't give me any CpC arguments because we all know nothing about the specific details.
Perfect 9
ImageImage
cheongzewei

Postby Scientiafide » Mon Sep 30, 2013 2:58 pm

Callonia wrote:I play against npcs all the time it's called rpgs. There's no reward in it. ;zagar

Call you picked possibly the worst genre as a comparison XD One of the defining characteristics of an rpg is a reward system. Lvl ups, loot, equipment, new abilities, etc. Part of what defines rpgs is the fact that, as you play, you feel a sense of progression as your characters become stronger and stronger.

It's the same concept with online games. The problem with alteil is that currently players don't really progress all that much unless they bust out the wallet, and we all know how bad the prices are....

This is especially problematic in a CCG since the main appeal of the genre is being able to customize and play different decks.

As for cheong's comment, I think what he meant was that at it's current state this game is not doing much to target low spenders, as opposed to what I myself thought he said at first; ie, we shouldn't care about low spenders at all.

Scientiafide

Postby Callonia » Mon Sep 30, 2013 7:29 pm

Only reason I'm even on the forums more these days is cuz SGO is shutting down next month.
Callonia

Postby GOSCAR » Mon Sep 30, 2013 11:05 pm

Wait that crappy card game is dying? Who would have thunk that?!
One does not play alteil the way they want. -Gon

False Slash- Rom
GOSCAR

PreviousNext

Return to Alteil General Discussion