Unable to contribute to KS

Everything that doesn't go anywhere else.

Unable to contribute to KS

Postby angelspawns » Sun Sep 29, 2013 8:18 am

I want to know about the improvements for Kickstarter payments outside of US.
I never had problems with online payments before on any MMO. I already spend over a thousand on Alteil through iDeal or Paypal. But what you're asking of me now is getting silly. A Debit Card is costing an additional E25(+monthly fees)~E40 to purchase here, and CreditCards are not easily or fast obtained (or even widely accepted) in Europe.

I just want to back E99,- on this project. It frustrates me as a longtime player and supporter of this game i get shut out.I had to lose my chance to back you on the EarlyBird special, and have to settle for 'kinda Early Bird' that honestly feels pretty sour. With 1 week to go there still aren't any other payment methods and i fear i might not get a chance at all.

Going this Amazon -and amazon only- route seems flawed to me. But it's YOUR product and if you don't want to/can't let me buy it, so be it. How rediciouless is it that a costumer has to beg a company asking for financial support to take his money? :|
angelspawns

Re: Unable to contribute to KS

Postby Jazzock » Sun Sep 29, 2013 8:31 am

Amazon payments is the ONLY payment method kickstarter accepts for US based companies.

If they want to use PayPal, they need to make the paypal thing and you get charged straight away (regardless of if it fails or not). THEN, they manually add it to the kickstarter, and if it fails, I think they need to pay fees to refund you, as kickstarter through amazon payments doesn't charge you unless they get successfully funded.

So, it's not really up to them if they use other methods or not. If they get close/past the goal they will most likely put up a paypal one because then it'll be fairly safe... :?
Self proclaimed user of weirdness, one of the few crazy people to actually use a pure sorceress file...

Jazzock

Postby cheongzewei » Sun Sep 29, 2013 1:00 pm

angelspawns wrote:I want to know about the improvements for Kickstarter payments outside of US.
I never had problems with online payments before on any MMO. I already spend over a thousand on Alteil through iDeal or Paypal. But what you're asking of me now is getting silly. A Debit Card is costing an additional E25(+monthly fees)~E40 to purchase here, and CreditCards are not easily or fast obtained (or even widely accepted) in Europe.

understandable.

I had to lose my chance to back you on the EarlyBird special, and have to settle for 'kinda Early Bird' that honestly feels pretty sour. With 1 week to go there still aren't any other payment methods and i fear i might not get a chance at all.

willing to pay US95 for virtual cards. feel sour over needing to pay $4 more. That's lunch money (to me) but US95 is 80 lunches, which i can't spare.
Perfect 9
ImageImage
cheongzewei

Postby Icyman2 » Mon Sep 30, 2013 12:35 am

you get $60 less gran (and some changers) for $4 more mr.sour
Icyman2

Postby Callonia » Mon Sep 30, 2013 1:58 am

debit card costs monthly fees?

Go to other bank, mine don't cost me anything.
Callonia

Postby yamyam » Mon Sep 30, 2013 4:46 am

Jazzock wrote:If they want to use PayPal, they need to make the paypal thing and you get charged straight away (regardless of if it fails or not). THEN, they manually add it to the kickstarter, and if it fails, I think they need to pay fees to refund you, as kickstarter through amazon payments doesn't charge you unless they get successfully funded.

So, it's not really up to them if they use other methods or not. If they get close/past the goal they will most likely put up a paypal one because then it'll be fairly safe... :?

This is true. But why can't they set "safety net" offer, like if you back them with debit cards and the kickstarter fails, you get some stuffs instead of refund, just make it worth the money. Because with debit card, the payment and refund process are comparably expensive, in my coutry, the fee for $100-$300 transaction is $20 and that's in SEA region only, let's say they have to pay same fee to refund because kickstarter fails, that's $40 dollar cost for nothing.
Image Image
yamyam

Postby cheongzewei » Mon Sep 30, 2013 4:56 am

Icyman2 wrote:you get $60 less gran (and some changers) for $4 more mr.sour

oh, wow, didn't notice. 6000 gran + 2, 3 star changers.
wow, when did that happen? I didn't even notice that. That's a D8 move.

Holy crap, damn. I would be incredibly, extremely sour if I saw that and supported alteil now. Sorry AngelSpawn. My bad.
Perfect 9
ImageImage
cheongzewei

Postby Spears » Mon Sep 30, 2013 12:18 pm

yamyam wrote:This is true. But why can't they set "safety net" offer, like if you back them with debit cards and the kickstarter fails, you get some stuffs instead of refund, just make it worth the money. Because with debit card, the payment and refund process are comparably expensive, in my coutry, the fee for $100-$300 transaction is $20 and that's in SEA region only, let's say they have to pay same fee to refund because kickstarter fails, that's $40 dollar cost for nothing.

Why would they refund you if kickstarter fails, the money doesn't come out your acc unless it succeeds no?
Spears

Postby angelspawns » Mon Sep 30, 2013 6:05 pm

With iDeal or Paypall they get the money straight away (unlike the amazon CC that only get charged after this event is over), but i don't care. Open a kickstarter bankaccount -> let people wire money to that -> add them as backer to the list. Instead of refunding it just let me have the goodies nomatter if the KS fails or not. I don't want my money back since Alteil:Horizons is gonna happen at any rate.
Last edited by angelspawns on Mon Sep 30, 2013 6:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
angelspawns

Postby Icyman2 » Mon Sep 30, 2013 6:08 pm

If you don't do it as a kickstarter, don't know if it counts as donations--they might be taxed by the government as well as by paypal
Icyman2

Next

Return to Alteil General Discussion