Let's talk re-launch with Logress

Everything that doesn't go anywhere else.

Re: Let's talk re-launch with Logress

Postby angelspawns » Mon Oct 21, 2013 7:52 am

First of all, I love your posts kudaotai. Your input is gold and should be treated as such.

The part I like to step in is with Premium Features. I'll put in your detailed statistics idea, as I think it's a good add as well. (and I think relatively the easiest to implement)
For some other ideas I really needed to know Alteil:Horizons currency system. If it's still true everything will be changed into FM buyable, the incentives to go Premium can become bigger. If not then some ideas should be implemented with cooldowns, toned down or not implemented at al...

Premium Features:

Comfort:
- Expanded number of fileslots from 10 to 20. (increased number of saved decks)
- Access to Replay Theatre. (save your battle replays)
- Detailed statistics.
-
Aesthetic:
- Seasonal Card Exchanger. (use currency to change the cards art)
- Premium only avatars in shop.
- Rename option. (only works one time, after that you're stuck with it)
- Personalize the Assistant. (options depend on how this will be implemented in A:H. Create your own sentences up to modify looks similar to your avatar)
-
Prestigious:
- Cooldown Remover. (clears the timer for ONE feature. Reusable once every 7 days)
Works as follows: You can clear the timer on one feature to keep the fun going. (for now that'll be Underdog, Daily). After that there's a week cooldown before you can use this function again.
- Gain pre-release access to all cards in new Set.
Cards will be removed during official launch of the Set. Data can be used to balance cards before they hit official release.
- Increase number of simultaneous Auctions. (?) Reset timer for Auctionhouse. (can add to the Cooldown Remover, if there's a cooldown to AH)
- Tourney Booster.
Additional bonuses to the tourneys/stories creation by Premium Members. I don't know the details to this whole tourney/story creation thing so it's hard to determine what this could be. Varies from additional setup options to just slightly better prices like +1ptcard for participants, etc.
-

While thinking up more daring suggestions i realised i don't know enough about the monetary system or all A:H features. It could be that Premium needs to become the main incentive to gain income for Alteil, or it could remain for vanity things while shopitems lure people into acquiring more ingame currency...
One thing we can all agree upon is that this game has to be enjoyable and collectable without spending money. How far you're willing to reward spenders becomes a difficult question. One I do need answered to give more fitting suggestions. Ofcourse I could just continiou thinking up whatever when more A:H information (like on storymode) becomes aviable. ;)
angelspawns

Postby kudaotai » Mon Oct 21, 2013 11:06 am

Logress wrote:Yeah, that enhanced game stats thing might be doable.

It deserve a seat in the stretch goal. ;th2 or just do it.

Logress wrote:-We're going to do mobile

Before you proceed far enough that its hurt to revert, you need to show SMALL SCREEN CONCEPT to public, doodle is enough. Mobile games #1 failure factor: player always click the wrong thing and destroy their experience, why play?

angelspawns wrote:First of all, I love your posts kudaotai. Your input is gold and should be treated as such.

Thank you angelspawn. :D *kisses*

angelspawns wrote:- Rename option. (only works one time, after that you're stuck with it)

You sir made my day. I had tough time thinking of solution to not be camped by same people, well people knows that I played UD only in my kudaotai acc, bcoz of my cursed sig and I dont plan to change that because of my ego 8-) . I prefer it not to be a 1 time thing, I prefer it to be a purchasable by cash/gran and my ideal version of this is PURCHASABLE NAME SLOT. I would like to be able to change names depends on mood swing :mrgreen: . Now this has an extreme premium feel to it.

angelspawns wrote:- Cooldown Remover. (clears the timer for ONE feature. Reusable once every 7 days)

Technically this is cool. There were instances which I failed to complete events such as 5o7 alike because of career interference factor example: if only THAT cooldown finished before I need to go to catch my flight or whatever and be away from games for 2-3 days, I should have completed the event.
I think most spenders are career person, and they probably have limited time just like me, shelling out money to buy time, time is gold.

angelspawns wrote:- Gain pre-release access to all cards in new Set.

I have my own ideal version of this. I'm thinking of SET PRE-RELEASE BETA INVITATION in BETA ARENA, which I think might not be wise to be very public and accessible by all premium owners which causes all the hype to drop down dead, maybe a purchasable invitation key or something... :? I like to see what Logress think of this..

Back to the initial intention of this thread, I have tough time looking for legacy data/infos simply because I dont know the names of games that KS'ed during OUYA KS campaign. So, I cant pretty much predict a console launch effect on small KS campaign, not doable using KS site and KickTraq site.
I don't know if you, Logress, as a KS project creator, have access to legacy KS campaign, maybe time filter or equivalent??
UnderDog Battle
Hard Game

FOR REAL MEN
Kids Stay Away
kudaotai

Postby Callonia » Mon Oct 21, 2013 7:00 pm

Well Logress, if you wanna make money, look at how World of Tanks and Valkyrie Crusade eliminate Pay2win from their business model.

Though World of tanks sucks because they refuse to release beta sherman into NA Server so I quit on them as the result. So feel free to disregard World of tanks because they have fallen from my grace while paying attention to Valkyrie Crusade.

Pvp is pretty good in valkyrie crusade I kill people and acquire loot like almost every battle, and just recently came out of alliance battles which ended like yesterday with 100k points and a whole slew of rare cards for me. If it was alteil, I'd have to do 100 winning battles for like a random 3* i don't care about instead of something awesome like that 4* zagar for five losing battles in a row. It was fun so I beat up people for fun.

Card acquisition in Valkyrie Crusade is very high. I could get like 50 cards and more in a single day this is equivalent to pulling 50 cards from alteil's free lotto everyday for free.

I do stuff like help 40 comrades and gain 4k friendship points and then gain another 2k friendship points through various things and gain even more through quests and such. 100 friendship points per card pull. I went through roughly 14k friendship points today and got myself a fabulous knight who will be on it's third evolution by tomorrow or tonight :P

Can you imagine ever logging onto alteil and pull 140 cards because you do various stuff that's not stupid as timed card flip thingie that's insanely annoying that only gives out 5 gran a day? No you can't. Alteil is completely Pay player game through and through. Alteil is, if your lucky, you get 10 gran a day and do one losing duel that lasts at least 10 turns is unlikely to last that long because you're up against johnjo to do a single free card pull of a day.

one card vs 140 cards, I think Valkyrie crusade is a pretty clear winner here XD

Art alone cannot save Alteil. I think I'm just starting to understand how it managed to attract 1.5m players.

Edit: Oh and when are you gonna do something about spambots cluttering the forums, logress? Some of them advertise underage gay pron.
Callonia

Postby Logress » Mon Oct 21, 2013 11:03 pm

Will check out Valkyrie Crusade. 140 is just a number though, what matters is how many viable decks / deck variants you can make in how long.

Also... the rename option for premium is a pretty interesting idea. I like it with the one-time limit, since you don't want someone using it constantly so they can cause range and then disappear over and over.
"Scissors are overpowered. Rock is fine." -Paper
Logress

Postby Callonia » Mon Oct 21, 2013 11:59 pm

Logress wrote:Will check out Valkyrie Crusade. 140 is just a number though, what matters is how many viable decks / deck variants you can make in how long.

Also... the rename option for premium is a pretty interesting idea. I like it with the one-time limit, since you don't want someone using it constantly so they can cause range and then disappear over and over.

KK if you wanna play valkyrie crusade on pc, I recommend getting bluestacks program installed for it. U can find it here. http://www.bluestacks.com/ Its an game for tablets and smartphones and such but it haven't stopped me from playing it on laptop.

And the app can be found in googleplay and the website's http://nubee.com/2013/04/valkyrie-crusade/

While i'm at it, if you wanna, use this invite code of mine 4qxd6 for free rare card. :P :lol:
I got three acolytes atm from invite code, need two more for full evolved acolyte gogo logress.

I suspect the invite encouragement is also part of reason why plenty of people checked out that game.

U prolly will d/c few times for loading Valkyrie crusade the first time, but should be smooth sailing from there on after downloading needed graphics on first time set up and there's like updates pretty often, i'm on fourth week of playing that game, I've gone through Maiden Garden event, and Alliance Battle event, plus now on current Halloween party event.

Edit: Oh, I wake up at 6am just to play valkyrie crusade, and I dislike waking up before the Sun does.
Callonia

Postby sunbunman » Tue Oct 22, 2013 12:08 am

Farmville + Legend of Crypids + Mediocre Near-No Thought Involved Combat System (Only reason not to play the battles in auto is cause they don't use skills in the mode) = Valkyrie Crusade

Also, They have those 25% chance instant win field wipe cards in valkyrie crusade, call clearly hasn't entered late game. Its only saving grace is that it has a strong player base most of which I assume consists of free players or low spenders (please get more of these in alteil, free/near free players are the ones that keep most online games alive) who prevent you from have those guys crammed down your throat with their opop SRs.

I do admit though, I am kind of trapped by the skinner box mechanics that the game provides.

Now for alteil, its just a matter of getting newer players on board, mainly filling in crest with people so the first person they play against isn't a spike (myself included). The game itself is relatively balanced with a few power spike issues here and there (looking at ryu/catira) just that everyone who plays has played for ages already and is in a rut in terms of file design, with a variety of files being almost identical in terms of opens and playstyle within the sphere differing only in the skin of the units used (almost every refess rush except sk, every falkow rush except mermaids, etc). Coming back to what I said earlier, alteil needs fresh blood so it can have more creative files and hopefully more timmy and/or johnny style players on board.
Last edited by sunbunman on Tue Oct 22, 2013 2:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Falkow {Water | Fluidity = Elusion} ∈ Win
sunbunman

Postby Khiruki » Tue Oct 22, 2013 12:28 am

I tried Valkyrie Crusade. It's a carbon copy of half the CCG games for mobile. Its only saving grace is that it's for mobile and a game takes 30 seconds.
ImageImage
Khiruki

Postby Callonia » Tue Oct 22, 2013 1:38 am

sunbunman, I've fought those kind of battles and won. I already have at least one nasty field wiper.
Callonia

Postby Icyman2 » Tue Oct 22, 2013 2:48 am

I bet you can get a lot more premium subscribers by making gran purchases more efficient/cheaper with premium. Maybe add in a better daily lotto (or another once a day feature like a timer reset which was suggested), which effectively makes them more incentive to remember to open the game everyday, increasing their retention rate.
Icyman2

Postby gabotheplaya » Tue Oct 22, 2013 2:57 am

Just tell me what community-generated materials you need and i'll try to fit in my busy busy schedule. lol
ImageImage
gabotheplaya

PreviousNext

Return to Alteil General Discussion