Re: Tidalwave - pick your nerf

Postby Khiruki » Mon Nov 04, 2013 9:22 pm

Would be really awesome for commander dollies `o`a
ImageImage
Khiruki

Postby hexagram » Tue Nov 05, 2013 6:39 am

tidal wave is fine.

I am more intersting in alternate arena with specific rules. These may even change regularly.

E.g arena with only fm and 1 stars for a month leveling the playing fild.... or another month no removal/engage soul skills. etc

Think there is some decent counterplay already like stronghold of chaos for lawtia, miracle fruit,and cheap miracle fruit.

'Don't worry be happy' Bob Marley
Too much negatively be happy and :)

Also new guys Worthings starter replays Remember use starter switcher at lvl10 to get all 4 starters

free player till level 190. If I can do it so can you.
hexagram

Postby angelspawns » Tue Nov 05, 2013 5:22 pm

GOSCAR wrote:lv 2 grim:
From now on all units in play get lv+1. (Like Rivera skill but for level.)

This effect is well suited on a 40dmg/engage soulskill aswell, or as openskill of a lvl2 unit. ;th2
angelspawns

Postby Callonia » Fri Nov 08, 2013 6:34 am

GonFreeces31 wrote:
angelspawns wrote:There's no such thing as a file that beats all others.[/b] There is however such a thing as bad matchups, where one file has a 90%+ winrate over the other and visa-versa. The reasons for this can be traced back to just a few cards in Alteils existence; single cards that simply have to much power over another strategy.

I 100% agree with you on this point, but I think your proposed solution is extremely unhealthy for this game long term. If you have a 9-1 match-up, it's not clear to me why you'd want to remedy this problem by nerfs rather than introducing counterplay.

For example big red poops on a lot of files, but would you honestly suggest nerfing cards like Allind rather than introducing AoE heals and mass revivals?

I had a deck that ruined Allind's day .... but that was in JP Alteil 2. I'll never forget my Folrart Commander+Janie Sunblade combo. Honestly was the only time I felt Solar Kingdom was balanced and ruined people's fun for once. But then they went and nurfed my Folrart Commander and I didn't come back, because eh, Japanese I cannot read. Too much of a hassle.

I think the part where I was able to make a operational file from a single set was what bothered them too much that kicked around rare encrusted decks.

All it took to break my deck was to change folrart's commander from start to auto, such a subtle but yet ruinous change.. heals couldn't no longer trigger in time anymore and such. My deck was pretty good at tearing up bigs that roamed in there jp server. Ones I faced focused on sp gen at the beginnign where I race onto the field and buffed up to the point where ezmode aoe can't just aoe their way to victory and they had to start fighting to earn their wins.

Truthfully I had like 100% win rate. But hey, Allind of the old had 100% win rate against my rush files. Only fairplay.
Alot of Allinds ragequit because they saw they no get their freewin, the very few actually fought it out. I think I win because my deck was simply unexpected. If they run into me 2nd time around they'll likely be prepared and start fighting more earlier than they would.

I think at most I faced up to three with the fourth doing their farts during open phase level 7 and up red dragons on field at same time up against my super buffed field.

Although I am very certain that Folrart Commander will be nerfed into the ground before it even makes onto live in alteil usa. There is precedent. Our Heavy Folrart Guardian lost it's awesome soul skill from JP which gave all friendly solar kingdom units a heal back up to full and +10 atk/def perm buff and set time to morning. :P And the buffing was followed by even more powerful buffing because the time is now morning.. which means more stronger buffs from units that need morning times, lose a unit? Trigger a morning two or three more times in a row in an attempt to snowball enough to force a real battle instead of onesided curbstomp.

Oh yes, about tidalwave, let's give it a excellent refess style cripple conditional, the caster of Tidalwave gets 1 less sp next turn. :3 If there is an Owl Sage on field, the caster gets 2 less sp next turn. Should be fine.. Owl Sage is pretty powerful and doesn't afraid of anything.
Idk, Dunno what to do about tidalwave. Tbh.
Callonia

Postby hexagram » Fri Nov 08, 2013 8:16 am

We need an arena with different formats with different card lists or limitaions. e.g only one return grim/1removal/return soul, only one engage soul...

Colloseum rules for 70K seems good. Just need a burst of funding to make it. Think it is 20% for us to make it at this rate as kickstarter has slowed right down. but I am (90%)confident that we will make at least 50 k for auction house.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/978 ... game-relau

People need to spread the word about alteil- it is such a niche and unheard of game

'Don't worry be happy' Bob Marley
Too much negatively be happy and :)

Also new guys Worthings starter replays Remember use starter switcher at lvl10 to get all 4 starters

free player till level 190. If I can do it so can you.
hexagram

Postby tropireno » Sat Nov 09, 2013 6:32 pm

"You cannot use actionskills the turn this card is activated."

I think this clause should be added to most return cards in order to make them balanced.
Now the Return user has to think about whether he wants to gain the field advantage with Return or whether he wants to use Owl/Urgrant/ect. skills.
tropireno

Postby KWerbachAlum » Wed Nov 13, 2013 4:17 am

Tidal wave already got its nerf.

Every time it's cast, the forums get more clogged with the whining of refess players.
KWerbachAlum

Postby Callonia » Wed Nov 13, 2013 3:56 pm

KWerbachAlum wrote:Tidal wave already got its nerf.

Every time it's cast, the forums get more clogged with the whining of refess players.

Hi DG.
Callonia

Postby angelspawns » Fri Nov 15, 2013 9:26 pm

Cheongzei said that he can't participate in AmA so ill copy his question

1) With Refress being all about board control, how do you plan to balance the effectiveness of return and removal mechanics. Currently, return and removal works well against any file, but it is particularly crushing towards files that rely on synergy aka refress, esp low (lv 1~3) refress.

[–]logress 4 punten 7 uur geleden

First of all, let me explain for those who don't know already, by "return" he's referring to bouncing a card on the field back to its owner's hand. In Alteil this is particularly strong because when a card dies you get back the resources you spent on it, but when a card is returned you generally don't. Removal is the same thing, only direct to cemetery. Removal is generally not as big an issue for Refess (yellow) simply for the reason that it's almost always expensive for the enemy, and Refess is going to be maintaining its excellent resource generation abilities -- so a resource-expensive game is not a bad thing for them. Returning however, is generally cost effective and gives Refess more trouble. There are two changes being made in this department from Alteil 1. First, a few staple cheap returning cards are not going to be available in Horizons Core at all, making the mechanic a easier to play around. Second, we're going to be re-wording all the skill text from Alteil one so ONLY return from field to hand effects have the word "Return" in them, and it will be a kind of an effect keyword. In this way we can have protective effects.

Just thought i'd leave this piece of information here aswell. I'm happy to read protective effects are being thought of.
angelspawns

Postby sunbunman » Sat Nov 16, 2013 4:22 am

angelspawns wrote:
Cheongzei said that he can't participate in AmA so ill copy his question

1) With Refress being all about board control, how do you plan to balance the effectiveness of return and removal mechanics. Currently, return and removal works well against any file, but it is particularly crushing towards files that rely on synergy aka refress, esp low (lv 1~3) refress.

[–]logress 4 punten 7 uur geleden

First of all, let me explain for those who don't know already, by "return" he's referring to bouncing a card on the field back to its owner's hand. In Alteil this is particularly strong because when a card dies you get back the resources you spent on it, but when a card is returned you generally don't. Removal is the same thing, only direct to cemetery. Removal is generally not as big an issue for Refess (yellow) simply for the reason that it's almost always expensive for the enemy, and Refess is going to be maintaining its excellent resource generation abilities -- so a resource-expensive game is not a bad thing for them. Returning however, is generally cost effective and gives Refess more trouble. There are two changes being made in this department from Alteil 1. First, a few staple cheap returning cards are not going to be available in Horizons Core at all, making the mechanic a easier to play around. Second, we're going to be re-wording all the skill text from Alteil one so ONLY return from field to hand effects have the word "Return" in them, and it will be a kind of an effect keyword. In this way we can have protective effects.

Just thought i'd leave this piece of information here aswell. I'm happy to read protective effects are being thought of.

fix'd so people won't go OMFG return is still there in horizons qq
Falkow {Water | Fluidity = Elusion} ∈ Win
sunbunman

PreviousNext

Return to Safiria's Planning Bureau