Field Cards / Area Echantments

User suggestions to improve the game

Field Cards / Area Echantments

Postby GOSCAR » Tue Nov 19, 2013 8:09 am

So I just got this idea (basically from the nerf tidal thread). Why aren't there field cards that could enhance area's and give abilities/stats and what not. Maybe they could be like that new sphere/Batora where they only need Sp to be played, or they could be Sphere specific. I don't really care how they go about this.

Here would be some, if they do become sphere specific I would put what sphere would get them:
[lv 1] (Refess)Sanctuary: All friendly units get LV +1, get Max HP+5 and HP+5. Units with base LV of 2 and under now must pay 1 more SP for Action skills. (no EN abuser going to abuse this)
[lv 3] Revitalizing Fields (Gowen or Falkow): No friendly unit can be the target of an enemy engaging skill.
[lv 3] Archers Tower (Falkow): Units in [Area: 7-8-9] now have pinpoint.
[lv 3] Barricades (Refess DUH): All friendly units get DF+10.
[lv 4] Shaolin Temple (Gowen): All friendly (Subtype: Martial Artist) get Agi+1 and Attack +10.
[lv 4] True Church (Refess): All friendly (subtype: Priest) get DF+ 5 and at the start of each turn heal 10 HP.
[lv 6] Uneven fields (Gowen): All units get Agi-1 except (Subtype: Warrior) (or maybe Feline kins).
[lv 2 (maybe 3)] Library (Falkow): All your grims now do +10 dmg. (For Gon's fun deck)
One does not play alteil the way they want. -Gon

False Slash- Rom
GOSCAR

Re: Field Cards / Area Echantments

Postby worthing » Tue Nov 19, 2013 4:15 pm

The time of day makes up for field cards :D
worthing

Postby GOSCAR » Tue Nov 19, 2013 9:43 pm

Dude with Yugi profile pic basically telling me nah. I got my new definition of irony.

False Slash- Rom
GOSCAR

Postby KWerbachAlum » Tue Nov 19, 2013 11:54 pm

You realize the man you were insulting is the new head game designer for Alteil Horizons, yes?
KWerbachAlum

Postby GOSCAR » Wed Nov 20, 2013 3:38 pm

You think that was an insult?

False Slash- Rom
GOSCAR

Postby worthing » Wed Nov 20, 2013 6:38 pm

GOSCAR wrote:Dude with Yugi profile pic basically telling me nah. I got my new definition of irony.

MIND CRUSH

No but seriously field cards would basically be permanent grimoires although we would give them a different name. It would make things interesting
worthing

Postby AngelicDeath » Sat Nov 23, 2013 12:05 pm

This idea is something I had considered as well. Personally, i like the idea a lot as it adds another dimension to the field which is aways good- more variables adds to more avenues of play.

It would have to be "costed out" properly but it is essentially an early investment for later rewards. Since the improvements or negatives (assuming you could plague your opponents field slots" would be permanent they should be quite costly in sp.
For instance, we have magic weapon which provides 1 unit with + 20 attack (permanent) for a sp cost of 1. Therefore, it stands to reason that if you had say a card that modified position 1 on your battle grid for attack (insert number here) then it should cost more so that it doesn't replace cards we have in addition to it being a recurring effect. I suppose you could place time limits on them as well ( next 2 or 3 turns etc.)

I think Goscar is correct that the idea is sound it would just have to be implemented correctly.

I would really like us to get end skills in Alteil Horizons. Just my personal wish list.
What do you think about adding seasons? Not sure what effect you could do with it but what if say turns 1-7 was summer, then 8-14 was autumn, 15-21 was winter and 22-30 spring? It could be overkill and we already have night/day like Worthing said but it was something that crossed my mind a few times. Plus, I like Sakon.

Cheers,
AD
Nought's had, all's spent, Where our desire is got without content;'Tis safer to be that which we destroy Than by destruction dwell in doubtful joy.

Ne Obliviscaris
AngelicDeath

Postby gabotheplaya » Sun Nov 24, 2013 1:04 pm

Wait...

Buffs that happen to units...

Using a "permanent effect"... permanent, as in "can last in play for the whole game duration"...

How is this any different than having a knight captain in play again? want "areas"? BAM mermaid shield/landol/lvl 4 goen monsters. perm can be a balancing issue due to snowball (remember old kladrao and lappy?)

maybe you'll say "hey lets take it out of the card" and put it in the actual game progression... but then, how are you going to trigger it anyway? wouldn't you use a card? or rely on turn/time which we have now?

I don't really see how this isn't already "practically" implemented without having the intricacies mentioned but having the same end effects.

Maybe its just me...
ImageImage
gabotheplaya

Postby GOSCAR » Sun Nov 24, 2013 5:47 pm

My thinking is only one field card can be active for you at a time. Also using Folrart Capt. gives you field presence along with the boost while using a field card gives you a perm boost in exchange for a turn. Also difference some grims are practically useless, like raise shield. Field cards can give boost that normal grins can't do while not being Op.

False Slash- Rom
GOSCAR

Postby Demelza22 » Fri Dec 06, 2013 7:40 am

I feel strongly about it and love learning more on this topic. Thanks for posting such informative content. It is extremely helpful for me.
Demelza22

Return to Safiria's Planning Bureau